[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Super Smash Gameboy (Holy shit I wish this was online)
Meh. No badass tie?
Thanked by:
you could actually care less about the tie and care more about making the sprite better overall
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
It was a joke post anyway.

Thanked by:
It just seems like a headache complaining about the sprites since they're obviously not going to fix them :F

People are going to eat this up because holy shit, a smash brothers fangame that isn't fugly as shit and it plays like a solid game

I mean, I'd rather have these poor, choppy graphics than the literally shitty clashing graphics of the other big-time smash fangames

I am directly referencing Super Smash Flash btw
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
i don't actually understand why this is possible; the character sprites are weird, the gameplay is actually watered down; it's not really better than any other smash bros fangame
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
It's better in the sense that it has a solid aesthetic, and really, that's the only thing pulling it along. It has a more solid sense of self than games with multiple styles, but that's about it.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
The gameplay may be watered down, but it's done in a smart way, rather than people being like, "hey, let's do all these random things without really thinking about it all."
Thanked by:
Quote:[Image: mario-uair1.gif]
What the fuck is that shit?
Though the game is good, such a promising idea needs at least decent spriters.
(09-15-2011, 09:06 PM)Boo Wrote: They may not be amazing but they're alright because the creators might of wanted it to loom like that just so it looked old school.
Stop being damn block-headed. I hate it when people stereotype 8-bit for being ugly.
I thought with all your experience at The SPRITERS Resource, you'd know this is obviously not the case.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-20-2011, 07:41 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 09:06 PM)Boo Wrote: They may not be amazing but they're alright because the creators might of wanted it to loom like that just so it looked old school.
Stop being damn block-headed. I hate it when people stereotype 8-bit for being ugly.
I thought with all your experience at The SPRITERS Resource, you'd know this is obviously not the case.

What happened to that one thing you were making? I haven't seen you on in a long time, and I'm legitimately curious. It looked really awesome :C
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-20-2011, 08:01 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote:

What happened to that one thing you were making? I haven't seen you on in a long time, and I'm legitimately curious. It looked really awesome :C
I don't know, I might continue it.
But that's totally unrelated to the topic.
Thanked by:
(09-20-2011, 08:07 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:

Well not really...I mean it was a fighting game too.
Thanked by:
(09-20-2011, 08:08 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote:

Yeah but...I don't want people to start comparing sprites. :B
I actually think I will continue it since now I have the willpower to, it's really nice to know it hasn't been forgotten.

EDIT: If I do, it will be in a different style though, AGAIN. Probably close to the spritestyle of my horrible sprite-comic in my sig. Tongue
Thanked by:
(09-20-2011, 08:15 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:
(09-20-2011, 08:08 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote:
(09-20-2011, 07:41 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: What the fuck is that shit?

Yeah but...I don't want people to start comparing sprites. :B
I actually think I will continue it since now I have the willpower to, it's really nice to know it hasn't been forgotten.
I checked your progress everyday! That shit was sweet :B

EDIT: I like the style in your sig. BRING IT
Thanked by:
iceman sprites are done in color, have humongouns amounts of readbility and charm, are truely under the restrictions of a 8bit hardware, and they're better overall.

but no because ITS GAMEBOY GUYZ ITS RETRO ITZ TOTALLY AWESOME
Thanked by:
(09-20-2011, 09:20 PM)Ikaruga Wrote: iceman sprites are done in color, have humongouns amounts of readbility and charm, are truely under the restrictions of a 8bit hardware, and they're better overall.

but no because ITS GAMEBOY GUYZ ITS RETRO ITZ TOTALLY AWESOME

What?
Thanked by: