[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DKC/DKC2/DKC3 Rips
A couple of rips from the GBA versions of Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 2. More to come later (hopefully). I also plan on ripping a bit from DKC3, but we will see how things turn out.

PENDING APPROVAL:

Donkey Kong Country:
[Image: DKC_Squawks_Icon.png?t=1285967177]

Donkey Kong Country 2:
N/A

Donkey Kong Country 3:
[Image: DKC3_BootyBird_Icon.png?t=1285967178]

ALREADY APPROVEVery Sad
[Image: DKC3_Nid_Icon.png?t=1285697866] [Image: th_DKC2_Clapper_Icon.png?t=1285108502] [Image: DKC_Manky_Kong_Icon.png?t=1285108625]
Thanked by:
Nice!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Good ones!!!!
Thanked by:
Thanks a lot, guys - it is comments like these that motivate me to keep rippin'. Smile

[Image: DKC3_Nid_Icon.png?t=1285697866]

Here's a small something freshly-extracted from DKC3. Yep, really small sheet, I know, but don't get disappointed too soon, as Expresso (the ostrich animal buddy from DKC) is on the verge of getting ripped.
Thanked by:
(09-28-2010, 01:18 PM)Quetzalcoatl Wrote: Thanks a lot, guys - it is comments like these that motivate me to keep rippin'. Smile

[Image: DKC3_Nid_Icon.png?t=1285697866]

Here's a small something freshly-extracted from DKC3. Yep, really small sheet, I know, but don't get disappointed too soon, as Expresso (the ostrich animal buddy from DKC) is on the verge of getting ripped.

DKC3!! You think you can rip the cranky samurai *SPOILERS NOW* get 105% on game?
Thanks, it's funny the secret ending with funky too
Thanked by:
(09-28-2010, 01:22 PM)gabrielwoj Wrote: DKC3!! You think you can rip the cranky samurai *SPOILERS NOW* get 105% on game?
Thanks, it's funny the secret ending with funky too

I thought Cranky had been ripped already... unless it is something completely different, of course (I have never played the GBA versions of these games before, I am actually checking them out as I extract stuff from 'em). If so, sorry for the misunderstanding. Tongue

Anyway, two more rips. I am still not done with ripping Expresso, since it has quite a bunch of animation frames in comparision to the other sprites I have ripped, and thus it is taking me quite a while... I shall get done with it sooner or later though. In the meantime, have fun with these two small rips - Squawks as seen in DKC and that one ridiculously puny bird enemy from DKC3.

[Image: DKC_Squawks_Icon.png?t=1285967177] [Image: DKC3_BootyBird_Icon.png?t=1285967178]
Thanked by:
You just leave Cranky too me. I plan on putting all of his poses onto one sheet, since he uses the same poses in all 3 DKC games for the GBA. Except for the Karate poses and the ending of course. I am in the middle of other sheets, so I have to get started on him eventually.

By the way, are there any specific enemies you plan on ripping later on? Just curious, in case I plan to rip them myself.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
To be honest, I am not too crazy about ripping Cranky anyways, so you can go for it. Tongue (Sorry, gabrielwoj)

To answer your question, I haven't really planned out any specific enemies to rip, with the exception of the Knit-Knat (the beetle-like enemy from DKC3) and possibly the Flotsam (the stingray enemy from DKC2). If you would like to, feel free to rip any other enemies - I really don't intend to rip so many anyways, since I think it would be more interesting if I sticked to the animal buddies/bosses and whatnot.

Looking forward to that Cranky spritesheet of yours, by the way - I have always been a great fan of your rips, and that one definitely sounds epic.
Thanked by:
Very nice!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: