[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ctrl+Alt+Del
Let me illustrate.

Here is a pretty lame joke, but with a proper delivery:

Person 1: What's the difference between a sandwich and a rabid dog?
Person 2: I don't know.
Person 1: ... I am never asking you to fix me lunch.

Here is the same joke with a similar setup to the girl gamer travesty and B^uckley:
Person 1: You don't know the difference between a sandwich and a rabid dog? So if I asked you for a sandwich you might bring me a rabid dog, instead? I am never asking you to fix me lunch!

If you explain the joke, it has failed.
If you explain the joke before the joke has even finished, it has failed doubly.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: PrettyNier
Actually, with the girl gamer comic it's more like:

Person 1: You don't know the difference between a sandwich and a rabid dog? So if I asked you for a sandwich you might bring me a rabid dog, instead? I am never asking you to fix me lunch!
Person 2 hits person one

the last bit in a joke should be the punchline. So essentially the punchline here is the gothy looking girl having coffee thrown on her (which the artist was too lazy to even draw, so I had to actually reread that several times before I realised that's what happened).

That is why people can't find the joke. Because of the unnecessary framing.
Watch me overexplain why you shouldn't overexplain a joke.
who drew your avatar, dinosaurus
NOPE.
Thanked by: 17 kids
It's from here!

http://maliki.com/

:>
Thanked by: