[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
You confronted a Starman!
EDIT: to prevent confusion, this is not SMB sprite, It's Earthbound related.

[Image: starmansheetzb2.png]
Meh, I am not completely satisfied with it, right now I am trying to make a sheet with it.

Anyways, criticism please!
Thanked by:
Here goes; It has banded shading, it hasn't got enough contrast, you didn't shade based on the shape... and that's it also the colours are... ok
Thanked by:
tomster785 Wrote:Here goes; It has banded shading, it hasn't got enough contrast, you didn't shade based on the shape... and that's it also the colours are... ok
Like this?
[Image: starmansheetir3.png]
Also added pallete
Thanked by:
Less Pillowing, more Contrast, a better shape, and some hue shifting.

Stuff that's needed.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
pikspiksmaroator Wrote:Less Pillowing, more Contrast, a better shape, and some hue shifting.

Stuff that's needed.

Got it, right now I am gonna take a break from spriting though, Now on my to do list.
Thanked by:
[Image: starmansheetvh9.png]
Made new shape (In front view) just wan to be sure it is alright before I go in to detail, also ignore second pallete. (also I added crits on sheet for reminder)
Thanked by:
Bigger torso, plz, arms look too straight and edgy, make them smoother and curvy.
Thanked by:
I don't see any thing bad about it... wait, don't Starmen have pointy heads, or is that just one kind of Starman?
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
No they don't have pointy heads. :/
Thanked by:
None of 'em? Hmph must be a different Starman I'm thinking of then...

BTW-Starman kicks ass!
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
Better. His body should be wider, and I like the second palette BTW.

Though it still needs more contrast.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: starmansheeteh2.png]
Meh, still could use more contrast.... Also new pallette. (And yet I can barely tell if I shaded it good since it's a bit small)
Thanked by: