Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Pokemon Zero Sprites
Blastoise needs to be redrawn not because its a bad drawing-but because every part of him is facing a different angle, Blastoise is not posed to be dramatic like he is purposely pointing his cannon towards you at all. But, it looks nice :o

Also, I think you guys should do a simpler style (a little late for this) because 23+ frames is too much for something this detailed.
Thanked by:
(07-17-2009, 12:47 PM)Cshad Wrote: Blastoise needs to be redrawn not because its a bad drawing-but because every part of him is facing a different angle, Blastoise is not posed to be dramatic like he is purposely pointing his cannon towards you at all. But, it looks nice :o

I know, I use the lines more as a refrence than as a final product. I'll fix it when I shade.
Thanked by:
(07-16-2009, 11:14 PM)teh nooks Wrote: Also, Britt, on your Typhlosion, it looks like the arm in the back is growing out of it's chin, you may wanna try to use a darker outline around the chin to make it more clear

Thanks, I will be sure to work on that.

Edit: I think im just gonna change the arms all together, They arnt really that good.

(07-17-2009, 11:11 AM)Zabi Wrote: Wow, these are all pretty awesome, especially the Milotic.
I'm not quite sure, but wasn't there a Cyndaquil early in this thread? You could just take the colors from it to recolor the Typhlosion.

Thats not the Game Typhlosion, Thats MY Typhlosion.

As in the equivalent of Tyvon's Zangoose, And i meant to make the colors
the way they are because it is based on my Pokemon D/P Typhlosion.

Im working on an Actual Typhlosion but i haven't really shown it yet.
Thanked by:
Well, I made a minitut

If you're still making it Britt, take this in mind:
[Image: PhotobucketUpld-868.png]
Thanked by:
Thanks Smash.

Edit:
[Image: pokemon0typhlosion.png]

~Tried my hand at fixing the Jaggedness.
~Fixed/Moved the highlights, Dont think it looks right...
~Tried fixing the head and switched the eyes back.

I also started making a new Arm, For a Repose.
Thanked by:
Updated a bunch of stuff on Lapras and revamped my trainer sprite. They probably suck, but they're my first sprites in like 4 weeks, so I can't expect much.

[Image: trainerd.png]
[Image: laprase.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: PhotobucketUpld-2069.png]

Im leaning towards the lower tail

I had to whip up my old emerald game to check the size. It should be adecuate
Thanked by:
Close enough.

I checked Bulbipedia, Height is 7'07.
Thanked by:
The sprites are great and all. But how do you guys expect to sheet over 100 Pokemon with their moves? Including TMs, etc.
[Image: o7XYLZG.gif][Image: BYMWXB7.gif]
[Image: eh8P6l0.gif]
Thanked by:
To tell you the truth, I honestly have no idea.

Im just spriting some of my faves here, this style is interesting.
Thanked by:
(07-17-2009, 09:53 PM)Medevenx Wrote: The sprites are great and all. But how do you guys expect to sheet over 100 Pokemon with their moves? Including TMs, etc.

You make 1 "special attack" animation and one "attack" animation for each pokemon. i'd assume the moves have their own animations and are executed with either the pokemons special or regular attack animations. you dont know much about cutting worklaod do you?? :ROLLEYE .gif:
Thanked by:
It's still a giant shitload. Making a single poke with all the animations could count as a proyect itself.
And, that's just excluding the tiles, trainers, menu stuff, animations, battle effects.. Ect.

Britt: Highlight for left leg should be only a 4 pixel square around the center of the round part, or none. You should fix the legs first.

And this
[Image: PhotobucketUpld-1363.png]
Thanked by:
Holy shit.. that's a pretty good outline.
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by:
(07-17-2009, 10:49 PM)amber_dawn_firebaugh Wrote:
(07-17-2009, 09:53 PM)Medevenx Wrote: The sprites are great and all. But how do you guys expect to sheet over 100 Pokemon with their moves? Including TMs, etc.

You make 1 "special attack" animation and one "attack" animation for each pokemon. i'd assume the moves have their own animations and are executed with either the pokemons special or regular attack animations. you dont know much about cutting worklaod do you?? :ROLLEYE .gif:

But then we'll have to remember that each Pokemon/character has a moving, jumping, damaged, dead, evading, defending, attacking, special attacking, HM attacking. Surprise Plus their overworld sprites.
[Image: o7XYLZG.gif][Image: BYMWXB7.gif]
[Image: eh8P6l0.gif]
Thanked by:
Hard work pays off.
Thanked by: