[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario (Nintendo)
[Image: modgenmariov2.png]

ehh...
this be a sig and I is bawlin!!!!
Thanked by:
I personally think that looks better, but hearing some opinions from other folks would be good too. It's a good idea to make the base sprites acceptable first before moving on to the rest.
Thanked by:
...HOLY CRAP, all of those are amazing, you should make more Mario Characters like Koopa, Yoshi, Goomba, and others, that are not in that one spoiler. I don't know how to add a spoiler on these forums, so maybe a MOD can edit it, or someone tell me what the icon looks like.
Thanked by:
(06-20-2009, 04:30 PM)mutantyoshi Wrote: ...HOLY CRAP, all of those are amazing, you should make more Mario Characters like Koopa, Yoshi, Goomba, and others, that are not in that one spoiler. I don't know how to add a spoiler on these forums, so maybe a MOD can edit it, or someone tell me what the icon looks like.

its
PHP Code:
[spoiler]words go here[/spoiler
Thanked by: mutantyoshi, mutantyoshi
[Image: ModernMario-1.png]

Fixed some palette issues on the previous sprites (that I saw at least..). Also made emotions, headless and armless/ legless bodies for both angles. Gestures and running sprites.

It sucks, yes, but I tried. :I
Thanked by:
[Image: modgenmariov2k.png]

some fixings here and there
Thanked by:
This one is coming along quick, I like that.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
His elbow in the second running frame seems awkwardly low
Thanked by:
[Image: wipsv.png]
Highlights. Right has how the eyes technically should look for this style. I don't know wither I actually want to make an exception for Mario characters or not.

The original Mario sprite I did wasn't supposed to be in Mod.Gen style, which explains why the eyes were done the way they were.

EDIT: Someone mentioned the belly highlight doesn't look quite right, and I agree. Anyone have a suggestion or want to have a go?
Thanked by:
I think I doesn't need a highlight, Sonic's Belly is only 3 shades (including highlighted area) and Mario has three shades (excluding the highlighted area) so in my opinion, don't add it.
I believe in Jesus Christ, if you do also, post this as your sig.
Matthew 10: 32-33

"32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."
Thanked by:
[Image: mariogen2-1.png]
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
I think the shoes on the facing straight sprites should be tilted out slightly outwards to look a slight bit more natural.
Thanked by:
[Image: modgenmariov2i.png]
-Fixed the arm on Perigi's running sprite
-That eye may look fine on Sonic but it kinda looks weird on Mario, but I kinda changed it anyways
-Added highlights
-Fixed Mario's front viewed body and face.
Thanked by:
Fixed some sprites
[Image: mario_genesis-1.png]
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
Still unsure on the stomach highlight. Any thoughts?
Thanked by: