The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario (Nintendo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The following spoiler contains shit that you probably wont care, but if you want to know the backstory of this then be my guest.

First posted image:
So anyways, I've only got like 3-4 poses up mostly standing, so yeah.

Recent update:
[Image: modgenmariov2.png]

Do Not: Give Mario a weapon unless it's something legit i.e: from Smash Bros.
Do: Give Mario a power-up that is from his installments.
Oh neat, it's cool of you to bring this back up. I think maybe altering the pallete a bit may be in order.
Awesome Genki ^_^

I was just thinking about something like this.
I edited your Mario sprite
hope you don't mind Tongue
[Image: mario_gen.png]
Solink, I think yours just looks in style a little more, probably because he's the most sprited here. :/
that is sooo much better
What is a Mario Gen. Project doing in a Modern Sonic Gen. anyways? Isn't Mario and Co. Nintendo?
(06-19-2009, 05:16 PM)Gabby Jay Wrote: [ -> ]I edited your Mario sprite

The face for one is tons better, though I may want to go back and tweak the hat and belly a bit. But very nicely done, thanks!

EDIT: I feel the need to defend my bad spriting job by saying "It's old, it's old! Don't look at it! I don't know how to sprite Mario anyway! IT'S OLD!"

holy shit son that looks awesome.

but there were things to my eye that didn't look right to me so i went ahead and fixed them.

-Mario's face looked a wee bit Luigi-ish so that's been fixed, however I will use that face when I start to work on Luigi
-Made a couple of shadings follow the style of Mod. Gen. Sonic.
-Mario's hat looked too high so I shrank it by one pixel.
-His nose was funky looking, fixed!
(06-19-2009, 06:42 PM)LooneyTunerIan Wrote: [ -> ]What is a Mario Gen. Project doing in a Modern Sonic Gen. anyways? Isn't Mario and Co. Nintendo?

The rules didn't say that it has to just be Sonic characters.
(06-20-2009, 04:11 AM)Rob Wrote: [ -> ]

holy shit son that looks awesome.

but there were things to my eye that didn't look right to me so i went ahead and fixed them.

-Mario's face looked a wee bit Luigi-ish so that's been fixed, however I will use that face when I start to work on Luigi
-Made a couple of shadings follow the style of Mod. Gen. Sonic.
-Mario's hat looked too high so I shrank it by one pixel.
-His nose was funky looking, fixed!
(06-19-2009, 06:42 PM)LooneyTunerIan Wrote: [ -> ]What is a Mario Gen. Project doing in a Modern Sonic Gen. anyways? Isn't Mario and Co. Nintendo?

The rules didn't say that it has to just be Sonic characters.
It DOES look better now. great edit Tongue

I edited some things again and made jumping and side pose
[Image: mariogen2.png]
I had a go tweaking some things... the first two (the one with both armless and armed [lol]) sprites is just a very minor alteration making the hat a bit less lumpy and adding a dark shade to the rim of the eye so that the white doesn't blend so much into the skin tone.

The third (the one beneath Sonic, who's there for comparison's sake) is the result of me staring a bit too hard at the sprites. I couldn't help but feel the face was a bit 'squashed', and after staring some more at a reference image, I decided to try expanding it just a small bit. I don't know if it's any good, though.

[Image: wipsf.png]

EDIT: I also realize after uploading that I only altered the pants on one sprite. Sloppy me. But yeah, I also did that, as it seemed that his stomach and leg were blending into one too much. This accents his slight potbelly a bit better.
(06-20-2009, 01:29 PM)Deebs Wrote: [ -> ]I had a go tweaking some things... the first two (the one with both armless and armed [lol]) sprites is just a very minor alteration making the hat a bit less lumpy and adding a dark shade to the rim of the eye so that the white doesn't blend so much into the skin tone.

The third (the one beneath Sonic, who's there for comparison's sake) is the result of me staring a bit too hard at the sprites. I couldn't help but feel the face was a bit 'squashed', and after staring some more at a reference image, I decided to try expanding it just a small bit. I don't know if it's any good, though.

[Image: wipsf.png]

EDIT: I also realize after uploading that I only altered the pants on one sprite. Sloppy me. But yeah, I also did that, as it seemed that his stomach and leg were blending into one too much. This accents his slight potbelly a bit better.

I do like both yours and solink, so I combined them,

I think that there's *one pixel* there that's making his nose look kind of... pointy. It's funny what a difference one or two pixels can make.

I suggest keeping the belly curve, as it really does look as if his leg and belly are merging into one.

EDIT: Probably going to want to steer away from mitten hands...
[Image: modgenmariov2n.png]

!

Edit: Mitten hands you say??
Ever wonder what the bottom of a credit list looks like?

Boom! there it is!
Hands are a bit better. I may go back later myself and see if I can tweak it a bit. Compare to the hands on the Sonic projects to see what sort of hands I'm looking for.

Belly shade still not there, though Sad

Think the bottom lip on the sideview is a wiiitttle too long.
Pages: 1 2 3