The VG Resource
Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-21.html)
+----- Thread: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) (/thread-8321.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Mabelma - 07-12-2012

[Image: ngbbs4fff1f607c25b.jpg]
Took way longer than I expected but whatever, there's a lot that could be fixed but I'm done with this study, I'm moving onto the next thing. I learned a lot of things about value, plus I feel I learned how to properly do contrast or at least do it better than how I used to do it.

Also, a gif.
[Image: 452b2ed3258c16fbb571862d10a84661.gif]

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Mabelma - 07-17-2012

Been swamped with freelance work so I haven't gotten much time to do personal work but for the sake of updating, here are some elephant studies off the good ol' sketchbook. Excuse the poor quality, took a photo with the phone instead of scanning.
[Image: ngbbs5005c83eb77b2.jpg]

#EDIT#
Also here a couple of spheres to try an improve my values/textures, referenced from 3d material spheres (you know those things 3d program use to lay out material onto objects). I am awful at this, I need to practice a lot more of this.
[Image: ngbbs5005d44be028a.jpg]

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Mabelma - 07-18-2012

Sometimes I get payed to draw things for people, and these people don't like it I have to redo the whole thing and I'm left with a pretty cool character for my portfolio. Anyway this is one of those cases. A surfing iguana dude. The shadow is there just to give him some ground as it was supposed to be used as website mascot.
[Image: ngbbs500756a2da01f.jpg]

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Previous - 07-19-2012

THe 'fins' on the board (however you'd call them) look out of perspektive, but besides that, it looks good aside from a few tiny quirks (like the far hand appearing bigger than the one on the board).

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Mabelma - 07-19-2012

Thanks for that Previous, I went back and fixed a couple of things since it's going to be mine and not for any client, I decided to fix some of the shading, and a couple of things that were off like the hand. Also added a "background"... I really hate myself for not being able to make good backgrounds, I need to do a lot more studies!
[Image: ngbbs50088b6f49030.jpg]

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Mabelma - 08-01-2012

[Image: ngbbs5019969976cd9.jpg]
Working on something new. Generic, awful background but a pretty cool character. Looking forward to whatever you might think. Awesome post referenced from here

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Previous - 08-01-2012

I think his far hands wrist is a tad too thin, there should be more of it to the left (viewer). THe close foot maybe lacks a bit more heel. Other than that, I'm pretty sure you know far more about these things then I do Cute

Thanks man, hopefully I fixed what you were talking about. I'm having a lot of trouble with that right hand (viewer) it's driving me nuts, but hopefully it looks better like this.
[Image: tumblr_m83ig5Ftcu1qcqas5o1_1280.jpg]

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Kami - 08-01-2012

It looks better. Can't think of any issues that it has now.

(08-01-2012, 04:41 PM)Shadow Kami Wrote: It looks better. Can't think of any issues that it has now.

[Image: ngbbs5019ae37ecc25.jpg]
Awesome, I started inking it, here's what I got so far.

[Image: ngbbs5019cfac1c822.jpg]
Done for today. Tomorrow start's the difficult part, coloring and background.

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Marth - 08-01-2012

I know this post doesn't offer too much but I honestly can't believe this is the same Mabelma from a few years ago. You really have improved!

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Baegal - 08-01-2012

I love the mask's design! (especially how the mask's mouth works into it)
You really have improved.
What program are you using? Illustrator?

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Mabelma - 08-02-2012

(08-01-2012, 08:31 PM)The Pope of Dope Wrote: I know this post doesn't offer too much but I honestly can't believe this is the same Mabelma from a few years ago. You really have improved!

This post offers the best thing ever. EGO BOOST! All joking aside though, thank you, I've been working my ass off for the past years, trying to get to a decent level as an artist. I've improved greatly but I still need to improve a lot more but thanks to all of you guys/gals this learning shit becomes fun instead of tedious and boring. Thank you, for everything.

(08-01-2012, 11:46 PM)Baegal Wrote: I love the mask's design! (especially how the mask's mouth works into it)
You really have improved.
What program are you using? Illustrator?

I'm glad you like it Baegal, and thank you for the kind words Smile I use pohotoshop, doing lines in Illustrator takes way too much time, I like the feeling you get when inking in Photoshop, feels natural to me.

Gotta work on some freelance shit, but after I'm done I should have a nice little update on this piece Big Grin

RE: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Crappy Blue Luigi - 08-02-2012

if there's anything that bugs me a little i guess, it's his (not our) right foot; i think it should be more concave, even given the position it's in.

but other than that, i'm really liking how this is coming!