The VG Resource
Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-21.html)
+----- Thread: Mabelma's Thread of Stuff (Art) (/thread-8321.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: The key to success is Practice (Drawings) New Anthro - Mabelma - 06-24-2010

Yeah, the hands should reach mid-tigh but for some reason I made them to short. Plan to fix it on the ink
FatBatman!!!
[Image: ngbbs4c23a85815ac6.jpg]

I'm going to upload this one just because I liked how the lineart turned out.
[Image: ngbbs4c23a8db95597.jpg]
Inked with PrismalColor Pens and colored with watercolors.

RE: The key to success is Practice (Drawings) New Anthro - Mabelma - 06-24-2010

You might be asking yourself why I'm making so many FatBatman so to answer the question, it's because today is FatBatman Appreciation Day.The purpose of this holiday is to create as many FatBatman as possible in as many different styles and poses. You can try it too if you want to and either post them here. on your own thread or make a new thread in which all FatBatmans can be posted.
[Image: ngbbs4c237c407a441.jpg]

Sumo FatBatman
[Image: ngbbs4c23adfe60510.jpg]

RE: The key to success is Practice (Drawings) New Anthro - Chris2Balls [:B] - 06-25-2010

I don't understand why his fat makes the clothes over his gut fold left to right...
Watch out with the stylistic shortcuts you take, you might close yourself in them.

RE: The key to success is Practice (Drawings) New Anthro - Mabelma - 06-25-2010

Oh ok, I'll keep that in mind, Gould they not fold at all or should they fold right to left? Aldo, I won't be drawing more FatBatmans for a while sine FatBatman appreciation Day is over.

Gonna post this here because I'm actually proud of how it came out. Many characters have proportion problems but for others they actually are almost atomically correct.
[Image: tsrgroupshotsketchfinal.jpg]
Left to Right(top to bottom)
1. BigG
2. Sol
3. ViperShark
4. Arthur
5. Gorsal
6. C2B
7. Solink
8. Rokkan
9. Dex
10. Metaru
11. TomGuyCott
12. PhantomK
13. Shawn
14. Kaikimi (his scarf streches all the way to the left to rest on Sol's arm.
I have a bigger image, here it is: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4088/tsrgroupshotsketchfinal.jpg

This will be inked sooner or later in Flash and then colored in PS.

RE: The key to success is Practice (Drawings) New Anthro - Gors - 06-25-2010

(06-25-2010, 02:35 PM)Mabelma Wrote: Many characters have proportion problems but for others they actually are almost atomically correct.

[Image: 6278726_std.jpg]

But seriously, that looks pretty good. The only problem is that you added the characters without thinking beforehand, thus resulting in weird poses, principally if they are interacting. Shawn is grabbing PK's tit, Metaru and I are grabbing C2B's butt, etc.

(06-25-2010, 02:44 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote:
(06-25-2010, 02:35 PM)Mabelma Wrote: Many characters have proportion problems but for others they actually are almost atomically correct.

[Image: 6278726_std.jpg]

But seriously, that looks pretty good. The only problem is that you added the characters without thinking beforehand, thus resulting in weird poses, principally if they are interacting. Shawn is grabbing PK's tit, Metaru and I are grabbing C2B's butt, etc.

So that's where that N was from. Silly me. That's Kaikimi's hand grabbing Pk's tit but I get what you are saying, I did all of it as I went (I really need to consider thumbnails). Thanks for the feedback Gorsal, it's greatly appreciated and I'm glad you like it.

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Group Shot!!! - Mabelma - 06-25-2010

Here are two images I did with two very different yet amazing artist.
[Image: awesomesaurus_up-in-the-air.jpg]
Theme was: Up in the Air
Participant: Awesome-Saurus & Mabelma
Description: Doubles Showdown 10 in the Art Forum
Myself and Mabelma (http://mabelma.newgrounds.com/art/) partnered up to make this.
A movie about a team of extreme jumpers in the year 2020, depicts a group of individuals who jump out of airplanes with nothing but giant balloons (filled with some sort of super future helium-like gas).
Mabelma - Ideas and concept, a lot of line-work, little plane, ribbons, upside-down guy, a bunch of balloons, text.
Saurus - Reaching arms, sideways guy, big plane, bomb thingy, background big balloon.
We sent this back and forth quite a bit, and let each other basically paint/edit whatever we wanted, it was a true collaborative effort and I am proud to have been a part of it!

[Image: m-vero_big-and-small.png]
Theme was: Big and Small
Participants: M-Vero & Mabelma
Description: Big and small, doubles 11
Lines and some colors by me
Colors mostly by mabelma

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Group Shot!!! - Mabelma - 06-28-2010

For some reason, I have been thinking about making a Zelda Beat Em Up in Flash for quite some time and to actually put hands on the project, I sketched out the front view of the modelsheet of a Link (my style, that's not really my style because I'm still developing my own style but I'm liking this style quite a lot), I'm working on the back and side views of him before I actually get some action poses or anything in there but for now, I hope you like it. Also, below him you see what his sword and his shield will look like in the game. Everything will be done on Flash and if I really decide to finish the graphics, I'll get a programmer from the interweb to code it.
[Image: linkconceptart.jpg]

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Group Shot!!! - Mabelma - 07-26-2010

CMYK brothers!!!
[Image: ngbbs4c4df1bb1f81c.jpg]

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Link Model Sheet? - GrooveMan.exe - 07-26-2010

I think you have those colour/emotion pairs mixed up somewhat...

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Link Model Sheet? - Mabelma - 07-26-2010

(07-26-2010, 06:48 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: I think you have those colour/emotion pairs mixed up somewhat...
Most likely, I was making the faces as I went a long no prior thinking or anything. A

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Link Model Sheet? - GrooveMan.exe - 07-26-2010

Or at least the expressions in that order make me think

Grey, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan. Not that it really matters or anything.

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Link Model Sheet? - Mabelma - 07-26-2010

(07-26-2010, 07:07 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Or at least the expressions in that order make me think

Grey, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan. Not that it really matters or anything.

I'll fix that later, you have opened my eyes in some sort of way.

RE: The key to success is Practice (Art) Link Model Sheet? - Mabelma - 07-09-2012

Holy shit, it's been like two years. Woow, looking back through my forum's history, I can't help but cringe in disgust, I most apologize for both my annoying behavior and my dickish attitude over that last years. Anyways let's clean the plate and start a-new. For those that remember me, I'm glad to be back, all grown up, rocking a goatee. For those that do not know me, well I'm Mabelma, welcome to my humble abode, enjoy your stay and be sure to leave some comments whenever you feel like it. Without further ado, I leave with you some art.

[Image: ngbbs4fe7b8254eec6.jpg]
Some character design practice, sprouted from crazy silhouettes.
[Image: ngbbs4fe7b88c5f2e5.jpg]
For a contest over at fiverr.com hoping I win or atleast get a nice little mention.
[Image: ngbbs4fe7b948cf389.png]
A couple of shirt designs that don't make me hate myself for making them.
[Image: ngbbs4fe7b9b093265.jpg]
Recently I started doing an illustration using a random prompt from a random website. This is the first illustration, using the prompt "Teeth", not very proud of it, but we gotta start somewhere.
[Image: ngbbs4fe7bfccf3323.jpg]
The second illustration, from the prompt "Hat"
[Image: ngbbs4fea0c62c3ac9.jpg]
A dragon, prompt "beast"
[Image: ngbbs4feb95d83e256.jpg]
Collector of bones, prompt "Hobby"
[Image: ngbbs4fef46c367dbb.jpg]
My take on Gary the snail, originally it was meant to have spongebob riding him but I quite halfway through the idea and just made a bad-ass snail.
[Image: ngbbs4ff24eb37f7a6.jpg]
Dragon doodle.
[Image: ngbbs4ff6e9501453c.jpg]
Awful try at actually adding a background to my images, prompt "Cold".
[Image: ngbbs4ff7526bbee9b.jpg]
An elephant I did for a client, to balance the disgust from the "COLD" piece.
[Image: ngbbs4ff753fef0d5b.jpg]
Trying to work on my rendering skills, also working on light and shadow. First time I've ever really try this digitally,
[Image: ngbbs4ff7f876a48cb.jpg]

Currently working on this, really just a Value Study of some fruits.
[Image: ngbbs4ffb0e4bafe23.jpg]

So yeah, that's all for now, can't wait to see what everyone's bee up to, feel free to leave a comment.