The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - VirtualTurtle - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 06:41 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 06:39 PM)VirtualTurtle Wrote: Should we coordinate a shared spreadsheet so that we don't have overlapping in rips? I've already ripped and submitted Ganondorf, Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard

Yes! That's a fantastic idea! Also, any chance we could get you to join the Site Staff? Given how long the approval process is, it would really speed things up if you could submit models right away.

Here's a quick spreadsheet I made, so we can see who's got what covered

If anyone is ripping characters, please update the list!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Darkliger01 - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 11:08 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 09:49 AM)Darkliger01 Wrote: Soooo... Can anyone explain the trick to putting together the texture layers for a model (such as the col, nor, etc.)?

On the 4th page I have a video showing the whole texture process

I'm following the instructions well, so far, but I've run into a road block with the Node Editor portion. 
I don't know if it's because I'm trying to implement it onto a Mii Costume, but there are no nodes that show up, and I can't add any shaders.
I'm using Blender 2.79 as you are, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - VirtualTurtle - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 07:07 PM)Darkliger01 Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 11:08 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 09:49 AM)Darkliger01 Wrote: Soooo... Can anyone explain the trick to putting together the texture layers for a model (such as the col, nor, etc.)?

On the 4th page I have a video showing the whole texture process

I'm following the instructions well, so far, but I've run into a road block with the Node Editor portion. 
I don't know if it's because I'm trying to implement it onto a Mii Costume, but there are no nodes that show up, and I can't add any shaders.
If you're not using Cycles Render, that could do it. At the top it should say Cycles Render instead of Blender Internal. If that's not doing anything, then you don't have a material selected.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Darkliger01 - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 07:17 PM)VirtualTurtle Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 07:07 PM)Darkliger01 Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 11:08 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote: On the 4th page I have a video showing the whole texture process

If you're not using Cycles Render, that could do it. At the top it should say Cycles Render instead of Blender Internal. If that's not doing anything, then you don't have a material selected.

Umm, where does it say that??  Unsure
Edit: Nevermind. I found it.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Yami84 - 12-28-2018

Her Virtual, think you can tell me the process you did to texture the eyes? I know there's two separate meshes (one for the Iris and another for the sclera) but I'm still not sure which one is who.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 10:00 PM)Yami84 Wrote: Her Virtual, think you can tell me the process you did to texture the eyes? I know there's two separate meshes (one for the Iris and another for the sclera) but I'm still not sure which one is who.

Thanks in advance.
Pupils use the second UV mapping layer for the eye whites, more often than not.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - SugarySyringe - 12-29-2018

Hey y'all. I'm working on Daisy, getting her prepped for blender. I'm running into some troubles, as you can see from the image attached. The transparency of the textures doesn't seem to be working, such as her eyebrows, the frills in her dress, and her pupils refuse to show up and her eyes are, instead, a black abyss.

I don't use Blender often, and I have never considered using it for renders, but is there some step that I'm missing?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - NintendoFan37 - 12-29-2018

Working on the spreadsheet to make it for more models!

Edit: Translating the names and putting the folder they are in under a notes column. Also, can you change the link to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEUxPnXZBv5lPQJR-JSxQiC9FlOJFfTnT_9svYZOSx4/edit#gid=626338417 so they see the into page first? Thanks!

Edit 2: Pokemon are in with their English names and what they are called in the files

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - VirtualTurtle - 12-29-2018

(12-29-2018, 08:48 AM)NintendoFan37 Wrote: Working on the spreadsheet to make it for more models!

Edit: Translating the names and putting the folder they are in under a notes column. Also, can you change the link to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEUxPnXZBv5lPQJR-JSxQiC9FlOJFfTnT_9svYZOSx4/edit#gid=626338417 so they see the into page first? Thanks!

Updated

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - SpectroZele - 12-29-2018

Oh nice,they're out already!
I've been trying to port Sonic (even tho he looks like he's just reused from Smash Wii U,not sure)over to Blender,and i got the eyes and stuff all set,but for some odd reason his skin parts look a little desaturated,is there any way to fix it or is it like a lighting thing?
Also big thanks to Virtual for his tutorial,helped a lot on this.

(12-29-2018, 10:04 AM)SpectroZele Wrote: Oh nice,they're out already!
I've been trying to port Sonic (even tho he looks like he's just reused from Smash Wii U,not sure)over to Blender,and i got the eyes and stuff all set,but for some odd reason his skin parts look a little desaturated,is there any way to fix it or is it like a lighting thing?
Also big thanks to Virtual for his tutorial,helped a lot on this.

He looks fine, I think he becomes more and less saturated based on the lighting and the LUTs that are applied ingame

JSYK: A lot of character item, like Young Link's Bombs, Wario's Bike, and Diddy's Peanuts are in the "items" folder in "items". So, if you're looking for those, they are likely there

Even more fun update!! Every character has things in Misc > Effect > Fighter! This is stuff like attack trails, Final Smashes, some Pikmin, and so much more! Please look through this (and the items folder) to find any missing part for your character before you upload the model! Thanks!

Final Update: Spreadsheet Should be all good to go now! Good luck with the ripping and a huge THANK YOU to those who do it!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Essential - 12-29-2018

The pupil textures seems to be scaled high or low for some odd reason.

Added Stages and Mii Costumes to spreadsheet, and changed some of the Labels to show what has been ripped yet not converted. I hope this helps!

(12-29-2018, 11:54 AM)Essential Wrote: The pupil textures seems to be scaled high or low for some odd reason.

RTB addressed this earlier, and I found this out after I made the video, There's a second UV channel for the pupils, in the UV Map node its UV_Channel_2