The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - eddpocalypse - 01-25-2019

Hey! I was wondering about the Mii Fighters. I was able to find the base bodies, but I wanted to find the heads. I assume they're probably pulled from the Switch's stuff rather than Smash, but I thought it was relevant to post here as it related to the Mii Fighters. Does anyone know of a way to get Mii face/head assets? I just need the parts to recreate the "official" Miis, though it'd be cool to figure out anything related to this.

I guess I'll throw in a picture of what I *do* have, as I did find the weapons and such.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-25-2019

(01-25-2019, 02:46 AM)ShadowSlyIX Wrote: Okay WorldBlender you should do it like the reverse pattern as if you were ripping the models from Source Flimmaker. But anyway export it as a FBX because those kinds of formats armatures are compatible with, never export to a DAE, also the plugin is from Blender source tools it's a website where i got the SMD plugin if you don't know. If not then i can give you a link to a plugin you need. I'm not too sure about the stretch thing. I never ran into that, i may need to see a GIF of it so i can understand what you're coming from.

CrossMod doesn't support exporting to FBX, but does support exporting to SMD. However, that format doesn't give me the meshes as individual pieces, but I may rip the armature out and put them in my models. I know what needs to happen next: I need to find any vertices that get orphaned in the process of replacing the armatures, and then assign them to the correct vertex groups. The Blender manual tells me how to find ungrouped vertexes: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/modeling/meshes/properties/vertex_groups/assigning_vertex_group.html?highlight=vertex%20groups#finding-ungrouped-vertices
I'm still working on the characters that don't have armature problems as karts. Once I exhaust all of them, I will come back to the characters that do have those problems.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - jrose80149 - 01-25-2019

(01-24-2019, 05:55 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:56 AM)Dragon2H Wrote: Eeuuhh... are you talking to me ninetalescommander? Because if it's the case, I did not understand what you're talking about. Normally I understand english easier than talking, but this time... No sorry I don't know, can you repeat or remake your sentences please? (Sorry Sad )

I wouldn't worry, it's not really important in the grand scheme of things. World Blender's efforts are still highly appreciated even with the few issues I've encountered.

I See.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - mrtubby - 01-25-2019

Does anyone know how to fix daisy's eyes? They show up completely black when go to render her.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - DriviousJoJo - 01-25-2019

Hey guy! So I stumbled upon this thread when looking for a Smash Ultimate Version of Cloud, I thought I could try and take this up and help out as much as I can. Everything was going good with the Cloud model but when I tried porting it into Unity, for some reason the hands and fingers are all janked up and I was wondering why it looks and moves perfectly in blender, but not in Unity?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 01-25-2019

Throwing this out again, are any of the models in Ultimate the same as previous Smash games? I can remember Lucario and Meta Knight in SSB4 using the same model as SSBB, so I'm inclinded to believe that they're using the same models as before.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-25-2019

Finally, I spent enough time fixing up Mario in my repository, re-assigning as many vertex groups as I could, and the results are going well! B) No more fingers, moustaches, or wrists not moving; they move with the shoulders and arms (though I should also work on the other expressions, which I'm getting to). All that I need to spend is some time going through which vertex groups are not assigned correctly. Soon, I can get him and many characters onto karts, bringing me closer to completion of my initial version of my add-on karts project. The fixes will appear after I finish every few characters, until I get all the ones with armature problems fixed.
This answer really helped me in finding which vertexes belong to which groups much more easily: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/59133/find-weight-painting-source

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ShadowSlyIX - 01-25-2019

(01-25-2019, 04:58 AM)Worldblender Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 02:46 AM)ShadowSlyIX Wrote: Okay WorldBlender you should do it like the reverse pattern as if you were ripping the models from Source Flimmaker. But anyway export it as a FBX because those kinds of formats armatures are compatible with, never export to a DAE, also the plugin is from Blender source tools it's a website where i got the SMD plugin if you don't know. If not then i can give you a link to a plugin you need. I'm not too sure about the stretch thing. I never ran into that, i may need to see a GIF of it so i can understand what you're coming from.

CrossMod doesn't support exporting to FBX, but does support exporting to SMD. However, that format doesn't give me the meshes as individual pieces, but I may rip the armature out and put them in my models. I know what needs to happen next: I need to find any vertices that get orphaned in the process of replacing the armatures, and then assign them to the correct vertex groups. The Blender manual tells me how to find ungrouped vertexes: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/modeling/meshes/properties/vertex_groups/assigning_vertex_group.html?highlight=vertex%20groups#finding-ungrouped-vertices
I'm still working on the characters that don't have armature problems as karts. Once I exhaust all of them, I will come back to the characters that do have those problems.

Whoops. my bad, i thought you were having problems with model conversion there.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Dragon2H - 01-25-2019

I want to make a reminder of the link of Worldblender works that he/she links a couple times for the people who wants to help: https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ultimate-models-exported

And eddpocalypse, sorry I don't know anything about dumping or where the Mii's stuffs are.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-26-2019

I thought that my problem was limited to characters' wrists and fingers ... but the mouths and lips are also causing me problems. I know I need to reassign the correct vertex groups to them, but that will take away time from me to test them out as karts, which don't use any expressions but their normal ones. So I'll fix up their hands and wrists, but their mouths and lips are likely to be saved for later, as I can always come back to them.
Any characters who previously had armature problems but which I'm already making karts out of will need to be redone as a result of me going back to fix their mouths and lips.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Dragon2H - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 06:53 PM)Worldblender Wrote: I thought that my problem was limited to characters' wrists and fingers ... but the mouths and lips are also causing me problems. I know I need to reassign the correct vertex groups to them, but that will take away time from me to test them out as karts, which don't use any expressions but their normal ones. So I'll fix up their hands and wrists, but their mouths and lips are likely to be saved for later, as I can always come back to them.
Any characters who previously had armature problems but which I'm already making karts out of will need to be redone as a result of me going back to fix their mouths and lips.

I told you when I've tried Peach about the problem of the armatures. I copy to you my text:

"I have downloaded Peach.blend but I saw what exactly the problem is at the first view, the bones are not where they have to be or still missing.

I think ninetalescommander and Ploag are right, the way they were exported totally breaks the rig. Example: the bones of the left fingers are on the lips and the mouth and else where, the left wrist is on the idex right finger including the Jaw offset, some of bones the right fingers bones are on the left is the wrong vertex group assigned (they move the fingers of where they are, if it's english)... the names and their vextex groups are different from what and where they should be. And in blender, bones use vertex groups which have the same name of the bones. Some of bones replace others, doesn't works, or breaks the rig. 
I'm sorry but to fix this, I think except if you can repair ALL of it: delete the armature and make a new one; or re-export them like ninetalescommander says.

Here is a video I found on model ressources, the first part is maybe not interrested for you but the others may help a lot. Sorry, it's all I can do without doing mistakes. I'll see if I can do more, but right now, for me it would be like hitting my head to pass the wall (only me, maybe not you guys). I hope I've been understandable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisp713k38s from VirtualTurtle"

I hope you'll see it and it will help you. Or you can continue what you do, repair and re-paint the weights of all the bones.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 09:56 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: ...
Here is a video I found on model ressources, the first part is maybe not interrested for you but the others may help a lot. Sorry, it's all I can do without doing mistakes. I'll see if I can do more, but right now, for me it would be like hitting my head to pass the wall (only me, maybe not you guys). I hope I've been understandable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisp713k38s from VirtualTurtle"

I hope you'll see it and it will help you. Or you can continue what you do, repair and re-paint the weights of all the bones.

I did see that video weeks earlier, but most of it doesn't apply to the current project I'm working on (although those things I can come back to later on) because:
  • SuperTuxKart's engine is unable to utilize Blender or Cycles materials, leaving me with UV map texturing, vertex coloring, and whatever options I'm given to configure the shaders used to render textures on a per-image basis.
    From the linked page above: "Use UV texturing in Blender for your objects for them to appear in-game, but don't waste time with Blender materials or cycles materials. They don't get exported into the game—instead, use SuperTuxKart's own materials system."
  • Almost the whole setup shown in that video requires Windows, and I'm not always fond of sticking with proprietary software (except if using them is the only way I can get something that has to be done), whereas I use Ubuntu GNU/Linux much more often on my desktop computers, so I try to stick with the methods that don't force me to redo large portions of my work, which is that I can re-assign vertex groups and create any missing ones.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Dragon2H - 01-28-2019

Oh, sorry. I was just trying to help you. I didn't know that, and it's weird, I didn't saw that SuperTuxKart's engine thing.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 01-29-2019

And now that Piranha Plant is released...I play the waiting game for the files to extract him from, haha.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 01-30-2019

Piranha Plant has been added to the archive list now (along with some changed things -- look for the "v2" archives).

Also a side note regarding Isabelle -- I re-uploaded her archive because according to the v2 patch, a bunch of the textures for her extra models that had originally been for just c01-c07 (for some reason) were also meant to be for the original c00 set (but for some reason weren't), so I rearranged things to make more sense and cut down the redundancy.