The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-07-2019

Finally! I dealt with the little-more-than-bare minimum of models needed to get started on a project of my own (hint: addons for an open-source racing game). Again, here is my repository: https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ultimate-models-exported
From this point on, I can free myself of having to use Windows for a while, and stay on Ubuntu to complete my model conversions. However, I have to return to using Windows for CrossMod if I want to export:
  • Supplementary items for the fighters
  • Items usable by any fighter
  • Pokéball Pokémon
  • Assist trophies
  • Bosses
  • Stage enemies
  • Mii hats
  • Final smash assets
There's a lot more work I have to do, but what I exported now is sufficient for my project needs. I still have to deal with UV mapping for all the fighters, but after seeing it work, I feel more confident in dealing with them, though I might be kind of slow in having to deal with 74  fighters.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 01-07-2019

So you know how CrossMod works as a replacement for 3DS Max? Is there any way that can be done for the Splatoon 2 models?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - VirtualTurtle - 01-07-2019

(01-07-2019, 12:47 AM)trainboy2019 Wrote: "Sorry, the file you attempted to upload was too large. Please make sure it is smaller than 250M and try again. Consider splitting your submission into multiple parts if necessary."

Oof, I guess I'll split Bowser Jr. into multiple pieces tomorrow.

250M is pretty huge... Are you uploading only what's necessary?

(01-07-2019, 08:16 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: So you know how CrossMod works as a replacement for 3DS Max? Is there any way that can be done for the Splatoon 2 models?

I would have to know the file formats that Splatoon 2 uses before I can help you with that. I don't have access to that game's data files yet, so I can't help you here. If the file formats are the same ones used by Smash Ultimate, you might have a chance to use CrossMod over there.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 01-07-2019

(01-07-2019, 11:02 AM)Worldblender Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 08:16 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: So you know how CrossMod works as a replacement for 3DS Max? Is there any way that can be done for the Splatoon 2 models?

I would have to know the file formats that Splatoon 2 uses before I can help you with that. I don't have access to that game's data files yet, so I can't help you here. If the file formats are the same ones used by Smash Ultimate, you might have a chance to use CrossMod over there.

The models are SZS Format. You can download them here:
https://bit.ly/2VtOBue

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - trainboy2019 - 01-07-2019

(01-07-2019, 09:48 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 12:47 AM)trainboy2019 Wrote: "Sorry, the file you attempted to upload was too large. Please make sure it is smaller than 250M and try again. Consider splitting your submission into multiple parts if necessary."

Oof, I guess I'll split Bowser Jr. into multiple pieces tomorrow.

250M is pretty huge... Are you uploading only what's necessary?

Bowser Jr uses 18 unique models
8 bodies
4 karts (yes, each kart has 2 different models)
3 hammers
1 claw
1 cannonball
and Shadow Mario

I suppose I could exclude the original, and just keep the split channels that are needed...

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Essential - 01-07-2019

Are the color ramp textures included on the fighters?

My repository, at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ultimate-models-exported, finally has something that may be useful for some people: completed fighter models.
I'm having trouble with fighters that have separate irises and eyewhite, so what I have worked on is what will be here for now.
So far, these 10 fighters are completed, not including all alt costumes:
  • Captain Falcon
  • Dark Samus
  • Ice Climbers - both Popo and Nana are complete
  • Isabelle
  • Kirby
  • Pac-Man
  • Pichu
  • Pikachu
  • Samus
  • Villager (Murabito) - only the first two costumes are complete
All of the above characters lack separate irises and eyewhite, so it took me less time to complete them.

In addition, the following characters have WIP Blender files, but are not yet complete:
  • Bowser Jr. (Koopa Jr.)
  • Greninja (Gekkouga)
  • Incineroar (Gaogaen)
  • Jigglypuff (Purin)
  • Lucario
  • Meta Knight
  • Mewtwo
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • R.O.B. (Robot)
  • Toon Link
  • Yoshi

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 01-07-2019

(01-07-2019, 09:06 PM)Essential Wrote: Are the color ramp textures included on the fighters?
There aren't any this time around.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 01-08-2019

Anybody know a clear date when Piranha Plant actually releases? I really want to get his model!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Mxyl V - 01-08-2019

We know it'll arrive at some point in February, but Nintendo haven't clarified an exact date.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - VirtualTurtle - 01-08-2019

(01-07-2019, 10:49 PM)Worldblender Wrote: My repository, at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ultimate-models-exported, finally has something that may be useful for some people: completed fighter models.
I'm having trouble with fighters that have separate irises and eyewhite, so what I have worked on is what will be here for now.
So far, these 10 fighters are completed, not including all alt costumes:
  • Captain Falcon
  • Dark Samus
  • Ice Climbers - both Popo and Nana are complete
  • Isabelle
  • Kirby
  • Pac-Man
  • Pichu
  • Pikachu
  • Samus
  • Villager (Murabito) - only the first two costumes are complete
All of the above characters lack separate irises and eyewhite, so it took me less time to complete them.

In addition, the following characters have WIP Blender files, but are not yet complete:
  • Bowser Jr. (Koopa Jr.)
  • Greninja (Gekkouga)
  • Incineroar (Gaogaen)
  • Jigglypuff (Purin)
  • Lucario
  • Meta Knight
  • Mewtwo
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • R.O.B. (Robot)
  • Toon Link
  • Yoshi

Would you mind me adding these to the spreadsheet? If you plan on uploading them to the models resource of course

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 11:22 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote: Would you mind me adding these to the spreadsheet? If you plan on uploading them to the models resource of course

The problem is that I don't know what else I should include with the fighters, and/or the preferred file format(s) I should upload. Should I include all other supplementary models and/or alt costumes for them? I haven't reached that point for any of the characters yet, besides for R.O.B. (just copying the .blend file to the other costume directories is enough, as there are no model changes for them). Since I last replied here, I have these additional characters completed, for a total of 14 fighters:
  • Lucas
  • Meta Knight
  • Ness
  • R.O.B.
I can upload whatever I finished, but I haven't received enough guidance on what to upload. I plan on working on the rest of the fighters, but that will require that I determine a good way to resolve the eyes problem.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - trainboy2019 - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 01:25 PM)Worldblender Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 11:22 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote: Would you mind me adding these to the spreadsheet? If you plan on uploading them to the models resource of course

The problem is that I don't know what else I should include with the fighters, and/or the preferred file format(s) I should upload. Should I include all other supplementary models and/or alt costumes for them? I haven't reached that point for any of the characters yet, besides for R.O.B. (just copying the .blend file to the other costume directories is enough, as there are no model changes for them). Since I last replied here, I have these additional characters completed, for a total of 14 fighters:
  • Lucas
  • Meta Knight
  • Ness
  • R.O.B.
I can upload whatever I finished, but I haven't received enough guidance on what to upload. I plan on working on the rest of the fighters, but that will require that I determine a good way to resolve the eyes problem.
They would want them to be in .dae or .obj. .fbx is allowed as long as a dae or obj version are provided. Textures would be in .png or .tiff. They wouldn't want .blend.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 01:53 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: They would want them to be in .dae or .obj. .fbx is allowed as long as a dae or obj version are provided. Textures would be in .png or .tiff. They wouldn't want .blend.

I guess I'm not really ready for all this uploading yet. However, at least having something out is better than nothing. I haven't finished with most fighter models anyway, so I have more work to do.

New discovery: I struggled with fighters that have separate eyewhite and irises, but I found out that my exported models do have two UV maps for the eyes. This is a perfect opportunity to fill them in with the eyewhite and iris. I thought that this would be the end, but Blender can only display one of the two UV maps at a time. Disappointing, but possibly understandable if the Smash Ultimate engine has features that Blender doesn't support.
    <- Toon Link
    <- Yoshi
Notice in the two screenshots in the bottom-right corner, that's where we can tell that both UV maps are left intact during the export. Blender docs has more info about managing multiple UV maps: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/editors/uv_image/uv/layout_management.html#uv-maps-panel
If I don't get any help on this, I may decide to finish all remaining fighters with their eyewhite displaying, but without their irises. At least now I have filled up both UV maps for their eyes.

Not related to the above, this texture for Bowser Jr. is the one that I mentioned earlier that has an unintended void, in the form of an alpha area (near the top-left corner), and it looks like it appeared during my texture exporting endeavor.

Here, this texture for Little Mac's skin is almost completely empty, except for a small brown part, making the texture nearly unusable. it doesn't matter if I used CrossMod or Switch-Toolbox to export it; it ends in the same result. I don't know what's going on with some textures like the above two having some parts transparent...