The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 04:45 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 04:23 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote: I just realized; Where is Giga Bowser? Since we have the boss models I assumed he'd be here.
He's grouped with regular Bowser's model, since he was located in the Fighter folder.

Now I feel very stupid, sorry about that lol

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-03-2019

I just finished going through most of the fighter models with CrossMod. Before I can do anything else with them, I need to export them, which I know how to do (right-click on a .numdlb file, -> "Export As"), but unfortunately, there's too many models for me to efficiently go through one-by-one. It gets a lot worse when I deal with the bosses, items, assist trophies, pokemon, etc., where it will take me a few days to go though all of them, and this will get tiring quite fast.
However, I'm willing to write some code to help expedite this process of exporting the models (the exports will be put online later when I finish with them). Either a separate command-line program/script or modifying CrossMod will suffice for what I need to do. Unfortunately, I might get stuck on which file format I should export to (.smd, .obj, .dae, .ply), but I might lean on .dae, unless advised against otherwise.
I use Ubuntu GNU/Linux as my main OS, but am stuck with Windows as the CrossMod code seems to be best compiled over there (running it in a virtual machine with a program such as VirtualBox may cause the program to crash with an error about trying to access protected memory), so I'm trying my best to save other users like me from having to deal with proprietary software in handling all these models.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 01-03-2019

Hey Guys, sorry if it seems like I'm trying to get attention but I really would love feedback on the Ridley Rip that I did, for more information please go here
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-34896.html

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - trainboy2019 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 01:17 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 12:50 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: I'm working on corrin atm

I'm not asking this to deter you from working on Corrin but is it worth doing characters that already have a model elsewhere?
Corrin (Both Genders) are in Fire Emblem Warriors and since those models were ripped by Kuro and, in my opinion, look a lot better, wouldn't it be better to do characters that either don't have a model or have an out-of-date model?

Already got all the models and textures converted.

I also made a python script to split the textures and create the proper normal map.

Code:
from PIL import Image
import sys
import os

def splitImg(file):
img = Image.open(file)
data = img.getdata()
try:
r = [(d[0], d[0], d[0], 255) for d in data]
g = [(d[1], d[1], d[1], 255) for d in data]
b = [(d[2], d[2], d[2], 255) for d in data]
rgb = [(d[0], d[1], d[2], 255) for d in data]
alpha = img.split()[-1]
bg = Image.new("RGBA", img.size, (0,0,0,255))
bg.paste(alpha, mask=alpha)
bg.convert('L').convert('P', palette=Image.ADAPTIVE, colors=8).save(file+'a.png',optimize=True)

img.putdata(r)
img.save(file+'r.png')
img.putdata(g)
img.save(file+'g.png')
img.putdata(b)
img.save(file+'b.png')
img.putdata(rgb)
img.save(file+'rgb.png')
except:
print(file)
def splitImgNorm(file):
img = Image.open(file)
data = img.getdata()

# Suppress specific bands (e.g. (255, 120, 65) -> (0, 120, 0) for g)
try:
rgb = [(d[0], d[1], 255, 255) for d in data]
img.putdata(rgb)
img.save(file+'converted.png')
except:
print(file)
filepath="DIRECTORY\\GOES\\HERE"
for file in os.listdir(filepath):
if file.endswith(".png"):
splitImg(os.path.join(filepath, file))

for file in os.listdir(filepath):
if file.endswith("nor.pngrgb.png"):
splitImgNorm(os.path.join(filepath, file))

(01-03-2019, 09:32 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: Already got all the models and textures converted.

I also made a python script to split the textures and create the proper normal map.

You have them somewhere where I can find them? If so, thanks. That will save me a lot of work and avoid duplicating other peoples' efforts.

(01-03-2019, 09:35 PM)Worldblender Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 09:32 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: Already got all the models and textures converted.

You have them somewhere where I can find them? If so, thanks. That will save me a lot of work and avoid duplicating other peoples' efforts.

It didn't include it at first, just updated the post. You'll want to put the path to the png files in the filepath variable.

(01-03-2019, 09:36 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: It didn't include it at first, just updated the post. You'll want to put the path to the png files in the filepath variable.

I just saw you put up the Python script, but I was asking about the models and textures.

(01-03-2019, 09:48 PM)Worldblender Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 09:36 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: It didn't include it at first, just updated the post. You'll want to put the path to the png files in the filepath variable.

I just saw you put up the Python script, but I was asking about the models and textures.

For Corrin?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Muigio44 - 01-03-2019

Okay, so I actually got my hands on 3ds max, and I followed VirtualTurtle YT tutorial, all the way up to the script in blender. My issue is that some of Sonic's expressions are still on the same layer as the regular model. Same with the spinball. I'm new to all of this stuff, so if anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-04-2019

(01-03-2019, 11:32 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: For Corrin?

That, and other fighters, at least. If not, I may just export as many models as I can go through.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 01-04-2019

Can anyone tell me how to properly texture Zelda and Young Link? I know Flambo237 provided a Node Sheet of his setup but it was too zoomed out for me to read and was cut off at the right.
Here's the best I've managed to do.
https://imgur.com/a/Xo2Jfu8

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Essential - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 10:42 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to properly texture Zelda and Young Link? I know Flambo237 provided a Node Sheet of his setup but it was too zoomed out for me to read and was cut off at the right.
Here's the best I've managed to do.
https://imgur.com/a/Xo2Jfu8

He probably meant the skin's paleness.
What can we do to adjust the right skin tone?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Muigio44 - 01-04-2019

So, I got Sonic's textures n' stuff working with VirtualTurtle's YT tutorial. For some reason when I set viewport shading to "Materials", Sonic's eyes look normal, but when I set viewport shading to "Rendered" Sonic's eyes are black, but I can still see his pupils. Does anyone know how to fix this?
My initial goal is to get this in SFM eventually, so i'm asking because I don't know if Blender is just being weird, or it if it's actually gonna render like that.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - trainboy2019 - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 12:31 AM)Worldblender Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 11:32 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: For Corrin?

That, and other fighters, at least. If not, I may just export as many models as I can go through.

I've only got corrin's so far. All the textures and models converted, just got to connect them properly, and upload them

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Flambo237 - 01-04-2019

(01-02-2019, 07:45 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 10:59 PM)Essential Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 01:20 PM)Flambo237 Wrote: I used SSS materials, here's my node layout Smile https://imgur.com/a/X7fdcoA
Where was that unseen input in the right before the first mix shader node?

That was my next question, you beat me to it Smile

Sorry for the late reply guys; The only unseen input is the material output, unless you guys are referring to something else.