The VG Resource
(Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! (/thread-28564.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - JerseyXS97 - 02-12-2017

Well, that was easy. Animations and all.

Edit: I believe the OP is now fully updated, lemme know if I missed anything!

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - Euden - 02-17-2017

That's great! I look forward to the submission of these! I'm trying to get everything I can from the game, namely Link, Zelda, Ganon, enemies, map, objects, items, trees etc. My plan is to attempt to recreate A Link to the Past in 3D using them, after rigging of course Tongue

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - TwiliChaos - 02-17-2017

So, I'm back on my computer and it seems the hard drive had to be replaced, and I had nothing backed up. I guess I'll have to go back through several hours of dragging TP files onto yaz0dec, again... So yeah, all progress that I originally had is lost.

I had the entire Objects folder ripped and cataloged too ;-;

Edit: Dragging all of them at once didn't help, but can a small program be writ to have selected files be opened individually with yaz0dec and rarcdump, or does one already exist? That alone would save me so much time.
Edit2: I'll probably figure it out with command line instead.
Edit3: ...and now I realize how much time I wasted with what could've been performed with one command. SMH

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - Euden - 02-17-2017

As an aside, I'd like to know what tools you are using to do this? As I'd like to help the ripping process and do some myself Smile

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - TwiliChaos - 02-17-2017

You need the ISO for the game, Dolphin Emulator (for GCN and Wii games), this zip for extracting Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, as well as some other games, and a 3D program that opens .3DS files (not to be confused with the Nintendo 3DS). This is what I use to extract files for Twilight Princess, and it should also work for Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.

Edit: this code should help you with dealing with extracting a ton of files that are in the same folder.
Code:
>cd (directory to the folder with what you're going to be extracting)
// for me the command was "cd C:\Users\zundi\Documents\TwilightPrincessFiles\res\Object\"
>for %i in (*.arc) do yaz0dec "%i"
// This turns all the .arc files that are Yaz0 compressed into .rarc files.
>for %i in (*.rarc) do rarcdump "%i"
// This turns those .rarc files into their own folders with their models, textures, animations, etc.
>for %1 in (*.rarc) do del %~n1.arc
// This deletes the .arc files that were Yaz0 compressed.
>for %i in (*.arc) do rarcdump "%i"
// This turns the remaining .arc files that weren't Yaz0 compressed into their own folders.
Correct me if any of my syntax is wrong, since it was one of my first times working with command line and is a small adaptation of what I did a few hours ago.
Edit2: Actually, correct me for anything that was not clear with my post.

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - JerseyXS97 - 02-18-2017

(02-17-2017, 09:55 PM)Euden Wrote: As an aside, I'd like to know what tools you are using to do this? As I'd like to help the ripping process and do some myself Smile

TwiliChaos is correct regarding everything with Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. For the 3DS games, however, you need to go through a bit more tedious of a process. You need to somehow obtain a decrypted CIA of either Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or A Link Between Worlds either by downloading it somewhere (Which we can't help with) or getting it off of your own CFW enabled 3DS. Then you need to extract them using the following command lines with CTRTool:

Code:
ctrtool --contents=contents romnamehere.cia

ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin contents.0000.00000000
ctrtool -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs --decompresscode exefs.bin

ctrtool -p --romfs=romfs.bin contents.0000.00000000
ctrtool -t romfs --romfsdir=romfs romfs.bin

After that you just need to look through the romfs folder to find the files. Ohana3DS can open the files for A Link Between Worlds (.bch format for models) and N3DSCmbViewer can open the models from Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's mask 3D (.zar and .zsi formats for models). Both can export the models, but while Ohana can do multiple formats CmbViewer can only export .dae.

On a side note, has anyone here tried extracting the RomFS from Hyrule Warriors Legends? I can't seem to get CTRTool to work with it.

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - Euden - 02-19-2017

Great stuff! I followed the steps and now have a romfs folder with contents. that said I'm not having much luck finding the overworld nor any characters, perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - JerseyXS97 - 02-19-2017

(02-19-2017, 10:28 AM)Euden Wrote: Great stuff! I followed the steps and now have a romfs folder with contents. that said I'm not having much luck finding the overworld nor any characters, perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

Which game are you trying to do? I'm assuming A Link Between Worlds, so try these:

Code:
/romfs/Archive - The majority of the models
/romfs/World/GetItem - Item models
/romfs/World/PlayerItem - Other item models
/romfs/World/Environment - A bunch of on-screen effects.
/romfs/World/LinkAnm2 - Link's animations
/romfs/World/Layout/MapTexture - Maps

In the /Archive/ folder you will find a bunch of .szs archives that you'll need to drag into Ohana, extract somewhere, then open the resulting models from there.

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - JerseyXS97 - 02-22-2017

(02-17-2017, 11:25 PM)TwiliChaos Wrote: You need the ISO for the game, Dolphin Emulator (for GCN and Wii games), this zip for extracting Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, as well as some other games, and a 3D program that opens .3DS files (not to be confused with the Nintendo 3DS). This is what I use to extract files for Twilight Princess, and it should also work for Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.

Edit: this code should help you with dealing with extracting a ton of files that are in the same folder.
Code:
>cd (directory to the folder with what you're going to be extracting)
// for me the command was "cd C:\Users\zundi\Documents\TwilightPrincessFiles\res\Object\"
>for %i in (*.arc) do yaz0dec "%i"
// This turns all the .arc files that are Yaz0 compressed into .rarc files.
>for %i in (*.rarc) do rarcdump "%i"
// This turns those .rarc files into their own folders with their models, textures, animations, etc.
>for %1 in (*.rarc) do del %~n1.arc
// This deletes the .arc files that were Yaz0 compressed.
>for %i in (*.arc) do rarcdump "%i"
// This turns the remaining .arc files that weren't Yaz0 compressed into their own folders.
Correct me if any of my syntax is wrong, since it was one of my first times working with command line and is a small adaptation of what I did a few hours ago.
Edit2: Actually, correct me for anything that was not clear with my post.

Apologies for double posting, but TwiliChaos you can use ./ to make the directory relative to the folder of the command line.

For example, this: cd C:\Users\zundi\Documents\TwilightPrincessFiles\res\Object\

Would become this: So this: cd .\\TwilightPrincessFiles\res\Object\

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - Euden - 02-23-2017

(02-19-2017, 05:50 PM)MidnightXS Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 10:28 AM)Euden Wrote: Great stuff! I followed the steps and now have a romfs folder with contents. that said I'm not having much luck finding the overworld nor any characters, perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

Which game are you trying to do? I'm assuming A Link Between Worlds, so try these:

Code:
/romfs/Archive - The majority of the models
/romfs/World/GetItem - Item models
/romfs/World/PlayerItem - Other item models
/romfs/World/Environment - A bunch of on-screen effects.
/romfs/World/LinkAnm2 - Link's animations
/romfs/World/Layout/MapTexture - Maps

In the /Archive/ folder you will find a bunch of .szs archives that you'll need to drag into Ohana, extract somewhere, then open the resulting models from there.

Thanks, I found link in there however it seems his hands arn't connected to any of the skeletal animations :/ Further to this, there's a lot of meshes relating to the world (FieldLight1-49) however only parts appear to have textures, not sure where I'd find them. Same for the interiors

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - TwiliChaos - 02-23-2017

Ah yes, that should help. My knowledge of command line is fairly poor. Question that would probably help me further... How can I open all files in a folder (including subfolders) ending in .arc with yaz0dec? I really want to get all the folders in the Stage folder done in a few commands rather than having to copy and paste the executables to each of the subfolders again.

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - JerseyXS97 - 02-24-2017

(02-23-2017, 03:16 PM)Euden Wrote: however only parts appear to have textures, not sure where I'd find them. Same for the interiors

What do you mean?

(02-23-2017, 05:47 PM)TwiliChaos Wrote: Ah yes, that should help. My knowledge of command line is fairly poor. Question that would probably help me further... How can I open all files in a folder (including subfolders) ending in .arc with yaz0dec? I really want to get all the folders in the Stage folder done in a few commands rather than having to copy and paste the executables to each of the subfolders again.

Unfortunately I am in a very similar situation to you regarding a command line. I only figured out the .\ thing while writing a batch file to quickly copy and rename the files of the mods I work on. Sorry =/

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - TwiliChaos - 02-24-2017

I have zero understanding of batch files, such as what they'd be used for in common practice.

Edit: Ah, yes. Found another aspect in which I have done things the long way. The Ultimate TP Spreadsheet

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - JerseyXS97 - 02-25-2017

(02-24-2017, 10:23 PM)TwiliChaos Wrote: I have zero understanding of batch files, such as what they'd be used for in common practice.

Edit: Ah, yes. Found another aspect in which I have done things the long way. The Ultimate TP Spreadsheet

Which reminds me of something I have found quite a long time ago when I first started looking into ripping Twilight Princess.

File Names

RE: (Another) Zelda Ripping Project! - TwiliChaos - 02-25-2017

That's actually what I used at first, but the spreadsheet seems to be much better in all aspects of TP ripping, including the map and room files. The WindViewer program on the spreadsheet didn't help with the maps that have broken textures, so I still have no clue what the issue is that breaks these textures. Could be the ROM, could be from extracting with Dolphin, could be yaz0dec or rarcdump...
Tried the US and EU rom, Arbiter Grounds textures are still broken.
Don't know how else to get the Stage folders from the ISO outside of Dolphin.
Don't know if there are any newer versions of yaz0dec or rarcdump than the 2005 ones.