The VG Resource
Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Mario Kart 9 Speculation (/thread-26872.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Goemar - 03-29-2015

Would also be nice to have more iconic Nintendo characters as DLC. I mean the Mario Kart 8 DLC has been surprisingly good, but Villager? I mean really? Who was actually excited about that idea?

Samus - now that would have been more exciting (though it would no doubt be "zero suit" Samus... which would be lame).

Or you know, or a Pokemon or well, anyone. Anyone except Villager.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Gwen - 03-29-2015

I was excited for the Animal Crossing related DLC, although I wish they'd let you import your own villager somehow from New Leaf.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Kriven - 03-29-2015

I like the Villager DLC as well (although I admit I would have been more excited for another animal character... K.K. would have been a cool counterpart to Isabelle).

As far as Pokemon DLC, I think the only thing I would really want would be Todd Snapp with the ZERO-ONE and an entire cup based on the areas in Pokemon Snap.

Basically I want Pokemon Snap DLC more than Pokemon DLC.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Goemar - 03-29-2015

So people would rather play as Villager than Charmander... what a world...

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Iceman404 - 03-29-2015

Wishlist:
A character roster that isn't inspired by Sakurai
Faster gameplay in general
Old battle mode based on survival and coming back as an angry bomb ghost that WASN'T ass.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Gors - 03-30-2015

Quote:So people would rather play as Villager than Charmander... what a world...

I would, I dislike pokemon anyway

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Kosheh - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 07:05 AM)Gors Wrote:
Quote:So people would rather play as Villager than Charmander... what a world...

I would, I dislike pokemon anyway

Count me in as "excited for Animal Crossing DLC" - yeah, it seems like an oddball choice for DLC, but certainly not as oddball a choice as Link

I'm kinda hoping Villager has a trick animation where he pulls out a stag beetle and tada.wav plays like in New Leaf

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - recme - 03-30-2015

most of me wishes that they put more f-zero content into the dlc. f-zero deserves more attention since the franchise is 1. pretty much dead and 2. its actually a racing game, meaning more things to base off of. hopefully, nintendo gives f-zero more attention after the new star fox...

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - NICKtendo DS - 03-30-2015

Stunt Race FX DLC

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Fawfulthegreat64 - 03-30-2015

Well considering the surprisingly good reception to the DLC characters... RIP chances of my favorite Mario characters ever being playable.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - MandL27 - 03-30-2015

(03-29-2015, 03:24 PM)BullockDS Wrote: What I Want from MK9
-No more new goddamn Babies.
-No more new goddamn clones (seriously, having three Marios and three Peaches is quite enough).
-Better character selection in general.
-Real battle courses.
-Give the option to play old-fashioned Mario Kart battles.
-Maybe a rudimentary track builder with the ability to share courses online. 

1 and 2 are basically the same thing, but I definitely agree.
3... a dream list would be readding Bowser Jr. and King Boo, but I digress.
4: Definitely this; alternatively, add a Battle Race mode where DNFs due to health loss are ranked by progress through the track before disqualification.
5: Such as?
6: LEVEL EDITORS YUUUUUUSH
Now, for some stuff I'd like:
- More varied character rosters, including crossovers (albeit limited). I guess you could say this is in part from Sonic Riders, as its character rosters tend to include relatively forgotten series mascots.
- Maybe a way to drive on track narrower than the vehicle, such as a rail? I mean, the K'nex sets let me build pseudo-rails all the time, and even the Pokemon games let the player grind now...  Rolleyes
- Some not-useless items for frontrunners and distant lasts alike. Making slipstreams more usable would be a plus, too. (tl;dr: make come-from-behind victories easier)
- The Mission Mode from Mario Kart DS.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Iceman404 - 03-30-2015

Is it really only me here who thinks MK8 feels extraordinarily slow in comparison to say... Double Dash or 64? Everyone I showed irl, including me, complained about it right off the bat.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - Goemar - 03-31-2015

Personally thought it was the fastest one. Though I really didn't like Double Dash (at all) so didn't spend that much time with it.

64 feels really slow though... so I'm gong to say it's you.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - recme - 03-31-2015

i dont care if these games (mk7 and mk8) are slower. its now about having fun instead of being the best in the fast-paced game, and personally, i think thats how mario kart should be. i never really liked mario kart before 7 and had a hard time adjusting to the physics of double dash/wii. now that they made things simpler, it now can cater to everybody.

RE: Mario Kart 9 Speculation - psychospacecow - 03-31-2015

Something involving a property or character we haven't seen yet (like how Rosalina wasn't a thing when Double Dash came out).