Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Mario Kart 9 Speculation

^Video title says it all. It's a list of characters I expect vs. want in Mario Kart 9.
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by:
Do you have any evidence to support the idea that Mario Kart 9 is even going to be something we'll see within the next few years?

I think it's way more likely that they continue to update Mario Kart 8, since the DLC seems to be rather successful.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, recme, Gwen, psychospacecow
(03-24-2015, 01:17 AM)Kriven Wrote: Do you have any evidence to support the idea that Mario Kart 9 is even going to be something we'll see within the next few years?

I think it's way more likely that they continue to update Mario Kart 8, since the DLC seems to be rather successful.

I'd be perfectly happy with this. Keep adding tracks, characters and karts. Maybe even some new items some time down the road.
Thanked by: Kriven, Gwen, psychospacecow
(03-24-2015, 01:17 AM)Kriven Wrote: Do you have any evidence to support the idea that Mario Kart 9 is even going to be something we'll see within the next few years?

evidence isnt always needed in this case. nintendo will most likely make a new one, along with a vanilla mario game, new zelda, new kirby, etc..

tbh, i dont care about characters in mario kart since green koopa (and link) is the only character i play as. dont get me wrong, variety is cool and all, but id rather have more tracks than characters. ya know, sorta like mk7
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
The only thing that can really be speculated at this point is that it will be on the Nintendo NX.

Alternatively, Nintendo can have their mobile gaming partners come up with Mario Kart Mobile.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Gwen, psychospacecow
Mario Kart (since Double Dash) and the sports titles have always had a ridiculous, unpredictable cast. I'll just be happy to not see people complaining about what dumb character they put in this time.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by: Gwen, psychospacecow
Hi Friends :0)

I'm gonna be the only one to actually pour out the salt in this thread and say that I really hope they add Diddy Kong back in. I usually don't give half a shit who they put in most of the time, but I played Diddy a ton in MarioKart Wii. When I booted up MK8 and got to the character select I saw A TON OF BABIES but no other Kong besides DK.

Needless to say, I was a bit cheesed. Blank

Seriously. I'm okay with metal princesses and Bowser's fleet of bastard children, and I'm not gonna start a Twitter campaign over it but it'd be nice if he came back so I could HOO-HAH the competition.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: recme, Shade
If the next batch of MK8 DLC doesn't do it, I'd love to see more Retro Tracks from the SNES and GBA games. Those two games have so far gotten the least representation in newer games, and seeing tracks like Vanilla Lake, Sunset Wilds, and Ribbon Road rendered in beautiful HD with fully orchestrated music would make me die a happy man.

Also, the return of arena battle mode courses; MK8 would've nailed it if it weren't for them just repurposing the normal tracks- that didn't quite work.
All I need is HD Cheese Land.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
HD Lakeside Park and River Side park need to happen.

Oh and definitely bring arena DLC into mario kart 8, it would be nice to see some of the double dash battle courses in HD.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: E-Man, Kriven
Classic battle arenas and more original tracks rather than recycled ones.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Goemar, Iceman404
bring back Dry bones.

That's all I ask
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Am I odd for wanting a whole cup of (retro) Rainbow Roads? It might get annoying fast but a Rainbow Cup (for lack of better name) could be interesting.
[Image: vvR9fUL.png]
Thanked by:
I'd be happy to see the old style of Battle Mode come back
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: E-Man, Iceman404
What I Want from MK9
-No more new goddamn Babies.
-No more new goddamn clones (seriously, having three Marios and three Peaches is quite enough).
-Better character selection in general.
-Real battle courses.
-Give the option to play old-fashioned Mario Kart battles.
-Maybe a rudimentary track builder with the ability to share courses online. 
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: