The VG Resource
Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Models / Textures (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-128.html)
+--- Thread: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red (/thread-26088.html)

Pages: 1 2

Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Pik - 10-24-2014

its a general modeling thread. Most of it is WIP, since I'm never damned to finish anything! Haha.

Takamaru, the main character of the Famicom game Mysterious Murasame Castle in higher-end 3ds limitations.

X+Y style Red, trying to get used to simpler models. I'll be posted progress pics of this one soon.

Lastly, my next planned model--Adult Link from Wind Waker, based on unused concept art.

RE: Custom X+Y Style Red (WIP) - Vipershark - 10-24-2014

Did you mess around with the proportions or are May's legs really that stubby looking?

RE: Custom X+Y Style Red (WIP) - Pik - 10-24-2014

Nah shes really that thick

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Pik - 10-26-2014

Updated the OP with other models I've been working on recently.

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - m.vit - 10-27-2014

Great work so far man, that Takamaru is beastly

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Kold-Virus - 11-09-2014

Love your WIPs, nerdy. Wink Takamaru especially.

Following.

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Mystie - 11-09-2014

Can't wait to see those Takamaru and Adult Toon Link models when they're finished!

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Pik - 11-11-2014

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I hope to finish Takamaru soon, I've started on his body.

There's also this high poly Layton in the works, just finished ironing out the topology on his arm.

[Image: 2014-11-12_0530.png]

I start on too many things at once, haha.

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Mystie - 11-11-2014

That reminds me: I remember hearing about a Wii U Professor Layton game last summer. I wonder if anything has ever come of it, or if that was merely a rumor.

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Sengir - 11-11-2014

(10-24-2014, 05:10 PM)Pik Wrote: X+Y style Red, trying to get used to simpler models. I'll be posted progress pics of this one soon.

*vigorously fans self with hands

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Pik - 11-12-2014

(11-11-2014, 12:21 PM)Mystie Wrote: That reminds me: I remember hearing about a Wii U Professor Layton game last summer. I wonder if anything has ever come of it, or if that was merely a rumor.

Yeah, I heard that too. I think they were going to be ports of the original 2d games.

(11-11-2014, 07:23 PM)blank Wrote: *vigorously fans self with hands

Good, because there's an update on this bitch...

[Image: 2014-11-13_0030.png]
Obviously, the hair and backpack arent textured

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - E-Man - 11-12-2014

Cool, but any reason why Red looks so angry? I know he doesn't look too cheerful in a lot of the official artwork, but maybe tone down the angle of his eyebrows?

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Turbo Thunderbolt - 11-12-2014

There needs to be Classic esque styled red like something similar to the his design in pokemon gold and silver.

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Pik - 11-12-2014

(11-12-2014, 08:24 AM)E-Man Wrote: Cool, but any reason why Red looks so angry? I know he doesn't look too cheerful in a lot of the official artwork, but maybe tone down the angle of his eyebrows?

Yeah, he's always a bit stern, but I think I angled them down too much. I'll make them more like the official art.
[Image: 2014-11-13_1401.png]

(11-12-2014, 12:42 PM)Turbo Thunderbolt Wrote: There needs to be Classic esque styled red like something similar to the his design in pokemon gold and silver.

This might be interesting as a future model. Classic Red hasn't really been brought into 3d before.

RE: Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red - Sengir - 11-13-2014

just out of curiosity: how much would you charge for Lyra?
(HG/SS in case you skipped Gen IV)

like ive seen a lot of drawing commissions and pixel commissions but i havent seen many 3D commissions

and i'd totally pay for a 3D Lyra when i can afford it