Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pik's general modeling thread. Currently doing: X+Y style Red
its a general modeling thread. Most of it is WIP, since I'm never damned to finish anything! Haha.

Takamaru, the main character of the Famicom game Mysterious Murasame Castle in higher-end 3ds limitations.

X+Y style Red, trying to get used to simpler models. I'll be posted progress pics of this one soon.

Lastly, my next planned model--Adult Link from Wind Waker, based on unused concept art.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Did you mess around with the proportions or are May's legs really that stubby looking?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: recme
Nah shes really that thick

Updated the OP with other models I've been working on recently.

Great work so far man, that Takamaru is beastly
Thanked by: Pik
Love your WIPs, nerdy. Wink Takamaru especially.

Following.
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Can't wait to see those Takamaru and Adult Toon Link models when they're finished!
Thanks for all the comments, guys. I hope to finish Takamaru soon, I've started on his body.

There's also this high poly Layton in the works, just finished ironing out the topology on his arm.

[Image: 2014-11-12_0530.png]

I start on too many things at once, haha.

Thanked by: Shade, recme, Ton, Mystie, Virt
That reminds me: I remember hearing about a Wii U Professor Layton game last summer. I wonder if anything has ever come of it, or if that was merely a rumor.
Thanked by:
(10-24-2014, 05:10 PM)Pik Wrote: X+Y style Red, trying to get used to simpler models. I'll be posted progress pics of this one soon.

*vigorously fans self with hands
Thanked by: recme, eureka
(11-11-2014, 12:21 PM)Mystie Wrote: That reminds me: I remember hearing about a Wii U Professor Layton game last summer. I wonder if anything has ever come of it, or if that was merely a rumor.

Yeah, I heard that too. I think they were going to be ports of the original 2d games.

(11-11-2014, 07:23 PM)blank Wrote: *vigorously fans self with hands

Good, because there's an update on this bitch...

[Image: 2014-11-13_0030.png]
Obviously, the hair and backpack arent textured

Cool, but any reason why Red looks so angry? I know he doesn't look too cheerful in a lot of the official artwork, but maybe tone down the angle of his eyebrows?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
There needs to be Classic esque styled red like something similar to the his design in pokemon gold and silver.
[Image: 1471_Courage.jpg]
Thanked by:
(11-12-2014, 08:24 AM)E-Man Wrote: Cool, but any reason why Red looks so angry? I know he doesn't look too cheerful in a lot of the official artwork, but maybe tone down the angle of his eyebrows?

Yeah, he's always a bit stern, but I think I angled them down too much. I'll make them more like the official art.
[Image: 2014-11-13_1401.png]

(11-12-2014, 12:42 PM)Turbo Thunderbolt Wrote: There needs to be Classic esque styled red like something similar to the his design in pokemon gold and silver.

This might be interesting as a future model. Classic Red hasn't really been brought into 3d before.

Thanked by: Virt, Turbo Thunderbolt
just out of curiosity: how much would you charge for Lyra?
(HG/SS in case you skipped Gen IV)

like ive seen a lot of drawing commissions and pixel commissions but i havent seen many 3D commissions

and i'd totally pay for a 3D Lyra when i can afford it
Thanked by: