The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 12:44 AM)fridge225 Wrote: Okay so I want to extract some of the animations form these games but the BCH I downloaded form this thread only shows an untextured mesh in Ohana 3DS. Am I doing something wrong? Are there files missing? Do I need to download the whole game and unpack it? How do I do that?
Sorry to ask a question probably already answered but sifting for answers in a 80 page thread is kind of hard to do.
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
Also if I do have to download the game do I get X/Y or ORAS because I want some mega animations as well. I am just not sure if both extract perfectly.
Don't the Pokémon XYORAS animations have a different format or are they .bch?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 01:52 AM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Don't the Pokémon XYORAS animations have a different format or are they .bch?
Yeah I wasn't sure that is why i asked. People are saying something like ORAS uses bins or something?
I really don't know.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 03-03-2016

they're not in bch format, its an entirely different format

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 03-03-2016

Exactly. For now we will have to wait until gdkchan adds support for it.

Could someone briefly explain to me the file hierarchy of the decrypted rom? I am in a 0 0 7 but all the files are dec_(number).(numder) files, I though they were supposed to be BCHs and some other stuff?
I can get a few of the them to work but again they are just the mesh and textures, I can't find anything to do with bones to open.
Also do I have to compile or something with this
(03-02-2016, 07:49 PM)Fallenleader Wrote: https://github.com/Fallenleader/Ohana3DS-Rebirth
I am to impatient to wait for a commit on gdkchan.

Edit;
Okay so I compiled the latest version and am attempting to import all the files in between each model. I get the mesh in and the texture but no matter what other file I put in I always get no bone, material or visibility animations. I must be using the correct version now as the files I presume to be animation files do not give me an error when I import them, now they just import but nothing appears.
What am I doing wrong here?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - InebriatedSkunk - 03-03-2016

(02-18-2016, 05:37 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Seriously, though.

Reason why I hadn't been ripping Pokémon models for a while is simply because I hadn't felt like it. No other reason. If people are serious about wanting me to speed up process on ripping those Pokémon models, consider giving me some kind of monetary incentive -- my PayPal's [Random T Bush at GMail dot com] (no spaces and substitute the obvious for at/dot). $1 per Pokémon. Otherwise it just gets done whenever. I can't run on goodwill alone right now unfortunately.

(EDIT: Rephrased a bit.)

Would you accept it if someone paid you $400? I am trying to make a game, which requires ALL 718 pokemon and their shinies and mega forms (Lets not mention the upcoming hundred or so in Pokemon Sun and Moon, eh? Wink )

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 07:47 PM)InebriatedSkunk Wrote:

Reason why I hadn't been ripping Pokémon models for a while is simply because I hadn't felt like it. No other reason. If people are serious about wanting me to speed up process on ripping those Pokémon models, consider giving me some kind of monetary incentive -- my PayPal's [Random T Bush at GMail dot com] (no spaces and substitute the obvious for at/dot). $1 per Pokémon. Otherwise it just gets done whenever. I can't run on goodwill alone right now unfortunately.

Would you accept it if someone paid you $400? I am trying to make a game, which requires ALL 718 pokemon and their shinies and mega forms (Lets not mention the upcoming hundred or so in Pokemon Sun and Moon, eh? Wink )
I guess I'd have to dedicate a lot more into getting the models up if that were the case, a few dozen a week at the very least.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Fallenleader - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 08:03 AM)fridge225 Wrote: Could someone briefly explain to me the file hierarchy of the decrypted rom? I am in a 0 0 7 but all the files are dec_(number).(numder) files, I though they were supposed to be BCHs and some other stuff?
I can get a few of the them to work but again they are just the mesh and textures, I can't find anything to do with bones to open.
(03-02-2016, 07:49 PM)Fallenleader Wrote: https://github.com/Fallenleader/Ohana3DS-Rebirth

Edit;
Okay so I compiled the latest version and am attempting to import all the files in between each model. I get the mesh in and the texture but no matter what other file I put in I always get no bone, material or visibility animations. I must be using the correct version now as the files I presume to be animation files do not give me an error when I import them, now they just import but nothing appears.

Based on known formats:
file/open load the .pc model.
in the panel:
texture: import a .pt
material anim: import PB (battle material animations) or PK (amie material animations)

If it still fails, be patient. I have to fix some things. renamed the repo, and am adding in more pokemon specific support.
gdkchan felt these changes were too buggy to merge with vanilla, so until they are resolved on his end, a couple of us guys are working on pokemon specific modifications.
Hacky, but effective. Transfigured is broken as heck, and mine is based off of vanilla, so visual issues persist. My code merges the format changes from transfigured without breaking ohana entirely.
bug fix release within 3 days. Kinda busy at the moment Tongue

[spoiler Wrote:Also (shameless project plug, hope its alright,) as I've stated, I'm trying to work on a full 3d Pokemon game with an open world (i.e. all regions are accessable via ferry or plane.) It will have a Pokken-Tournament-like fighting style as well as other minigames and challenges, as well as a quest system allowing access to new areas, items, and even rare Pokemon. If anyone here has experience with coding, animating, design, etc. and Unreal Engine 4, shoot me a message: [email protected] or add me on steam @{ESA}InebriatedSkunk[/spoiler] pid='609903' dateline='1455835027']

errr....

Seriously, move to Unity. MUCH better support for pokemon type games. less taxing on pc's if done right.
Working on a gen 1, so collab welcome. C# a must, and will be open source. Also, there is no documentation on how stats and damage calc is done on pokken.

Thank you for the update Fallenleader
I would just like to ask am I using files from XY or ORAS?
Also how do I get extract the files so they have the proper extensions, mine always all appear as .dec or .bin.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - InebriatedSkunk - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 08:34 PM)Fallenleader Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 08:03 AM)fridge225 Wrote: Could someone briefly explain to me the file hierarchy of the decrypted rom? I am in a 0 0 7 but all the files are dec_(number).(numder) files, I though they were supposed to be BCHs and some other stuff?

Edit;

Based on known formats:
file/open load the .pc model.
in the panel:
texture: import a .pt
material anim: import PB (battle material animations) or PK (amie material animations)

If it still fails, be patient. I have to fix some things. renamed the repo, and am adding in more pokemon specific support.
gdkchan felt these changes were too buggy to merge with vanilla, so until they are resolved on his end, a couple of us guys are working on pokemon specific modifications.
Hacky, but effective. Transfigured is broken as heck, and mine is based off of vanilla, so visual issues persist. My code merges the format changes from transfigured without breaking ohana entirely.
bug fix release within 3 days. Kinda busy at the moment Tongue

[spoiler Wrote:Also (shameless project plug, hope its alright,) as I've stated, I'm trying to work on a full 3d Pokemon game with an open world (i.e. all regions are accessable via ferry or plane.) It will have a Pokken-Tournament-like fighting style as well as other minigames and challenges, as well as a quest system allowing access to new areas, items, and even rare Pokemon. If anyone here has experience with coding, animating, design, etc. and Unreal Engine 4, shoot me a message: [email protected] or add me on steam @{ESA}InebriatedSkunk[/spoiler] pid='609903' dateline='1455835027']

errr....

Seriously, move to Unity. MUCH better support for pokemon type games. less taxing on pc's if done right.
Working on a gen 1, so collab welcome. C# a must, and will be open source. Also, there is no documentation on how stats and damage calc is done on pokken.

Using ue4 because of Blueprint, because I dont know code very much (learning though.) As for stats, I'd base them more on the core games, with tweaks to fit my game's playstyle. Its only the battles that are tournament fighter-styled.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - FreezShocka - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 08:25 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

I guess I'd have to dedicate a lot more into getting the models up if that were the case, a few dozen a week at the very least.
If you didn't see my comment before, I also want a Vanillite model, although I already saw it was up

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Telespentry - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 08:34 PM)Fallenleader Wrote: errr....

What? UE4 is better in every way possible if not making a mobile game once you learn how to use it properly.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Pangri - 03-04-2016

Is there Pokémon amie sound in 3DS?Why did you ask?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 03-04-2016

okay, that's the reason... so the question I had to make is just simple... Why the -9 reputation you gave me just for an unanswered question and replying to an arrogant user?
To be honest, you already had made up the concept I was too young for this... so Why you misconcepts.
It's becuz I am too old that I dunno a heck of C,C+,c# Programming... I was taught on GWBASIC programming right before the SVGA graphics were released (Because of that I cannot make any scripts). please look up for the people in the 80s who still needs to know how to properly use a cellphone without breaking it.

at least I understand your reason. but I cannot justify the way people offended me. I tried to start ripping and making a CIA of Toriko Gourmet Monsters with no avail, I have problems with USB. when trying to free disk space by copying Detective Pikachu's CIA to the microSD card.
so I decided to quit doing it momentarily. since my computer is a total piece of garbage that malfunctions when it wants to.
and specially I would like to help you out, but damaging my SDHC card to copy a 618MB CIA don't worth the effort.
specially for an unsanswered question that I asked and everyone repped me down.  Ouch!

please, just please, be more talkative and respectful, although I'm a lone battlewolf. I don't bite. never ever. 

I understand your problem RTB. this is how I must assume. I asked for a swalot model in PM and yet today I havent it fully merged to DAE the way you do. and the Baby Yoshi model from NSMBU I got is yet in RAW model, so I cannot convert it since I have no damn idea of how to do it, and I tried everything.  Cry

The only problem is that we lack of users able to rip the models and convert them flawlessly by using the proper software and plugins/scripts. and like somebody said a few months ago... 3DS model ripping is dead.
so, considering your reply. I'm leaving... I need plenty of time to organize this. and be honest. although I am willingly glad to help. if my computer is a piece of -censored- and Xorpads never collaborate on my attempts to rip models. at least until I get a new computer. I will never try to rip anything from an stupid nitendo 3DS.

I quit from ripping Toriko Gourmet Monsters models...  Angry

PS: Pokken Tournament is already released. at least, I gave that info.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Pingus! - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 06:04 PM)Farlavor Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 07:47 PM)InebriatedSkunk Wrote: Would you accept it if someone paid you $400? I am trying to make a game, which requires ALL 718 pokemon and their shinies and mega forms (Lets not mention the upcoming hundred or so in Pokemon Sun and Moon, eh? Wink )

okay, that's the reason... so the question I had to make is just simple... Why the -9 reputation you gave me just for an unanswered question and replying to an arrogant user?
To be honest, you already had made up the concept I was too young for this... so Why you misconcepts.
It's becuz I am too old that I dunno a heck of C,C+,c# Programming... I was taught on GWBASIC programming right before the SVGA graphics were released (Because of that I cannot make any scripts). please look up for the people in the 80s who still needs to know how to properly use a cellphone without breaking it.

at least I understand your reason. but I cannot justify the way people offended me. I tried to start ripping and making a CIA of Toriko Gourmet Monsters with no avail, I have problems with USB. when trying to free disk space by copying Detective Pikachu's CIA to the microSD card.
so I decided to quit doing it momentarily. since my computer is a total piece of garbage that malfunctions when it wants to.
and specially I would like to help you out, but damaging my SDHC card to copy a 618MB CIA don't worth the effort.
specially for an unsanswered question that I asked and everyone repped me down.  Ouch!

please, just please, be more talkative and respectful, although I'm a lone battlewolf. I don't bite. never ever. 

I understand your problem RTB. this is how I must assume. I asked for a swalot model in PM and yet today I havent it fully merged to DAE the way you do. and the Baby Yoshi model from NSMBU I got is yet in RAW model, so I cannot convert it since I have no damn idea of how to do it, and I tried everything.  Cry

The only problem is that we lack of users able to rip the models and convert them flawlessly by using the proper software and plugins/scripts. and like somebody said a few months ago... 3DS model ripping is dead.
so, considering your reply. I'm leaving... I need plenty of time to organize this. and be honest. although I am willingly glad to help. if my computer is a piece of -censored- and Xorpads never collaborate on my attempts to rip models. at least until I get a new computer. I will never try to rip anything from an stupid nitendo 3DS.

I quit from ripping Toriko Gourmet Monsters models...  Angry

PS: Pokken Tournament is already released. at least, I gave that info.

I seriously advise you to stop posting here, as you're becoming an eyesore to everyone else. Stop ranting about your damn problems, because we're sick of it. I suggest going here:
https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/

Please, highly suggest it. Thanks!