The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 01-29-2016

(01-26-2016, 07:23 PM)Fallenleader Wrote: Good news guys:
https://github.com/gdkchan/Ohana3DS-Rebirth/issues/3
https://github.com/gdkchan/Ohana3DS-Rebirth/issues/13

Two critical features for Ohana are in the works, with the former being pokemon related, and the later one being a general needed addition.
We should soon see the ability to extract POKEMON animations very soon.

When issue #13 is resolved, we can then start documenting parts of the roms that are currently unable to be properly documented due to original Ohana crashing on extraction, as I noted in that issue. This means possibly finding overworld animations, as well as in-battle model animations for non pokemon models.

I will notify here when things are patched up and supported, and press for an Animators Resource section, in which I will contribute towards OR/AS/X/Y as much as possible since the animations are critical for my project.

Edit: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-28608.html  -  Be sure to vote!

good news at least for the guys interested in the animations. maybe not including me, but perhaps it may catch my interest.

at least Ohana3D Rebirth is progressing even further, about overworld animations and in battle model animations might help so much for the people interested on the remaining of the models that might be missing in the pokémon games.  Big Grin

for now I'm done updating Ohana3D rebirth at the moment. Smile

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Zaffre - 01-30-2016

Hi I was wondering if I could request Regirock, Regice and Registeel? Also how long might they take?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 02:06 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Hi I was wondering if I could request Regirock, Regice and Registeel? Also how long might they take?

I dunno. RTB is gone missing.  Cry
I'm still waiting since August for Bunnelby and Furfrou models.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 01-30-2016

Actually, called off Oshawott due to rigging issues. Might come back to it, but not right now.
LOL UPLOADED IT. FIXED RIGGING.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Zaffre - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 09:03 PM)Farlavor Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:06 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Hi I was wondering if I could request Regirock, Regice and Registeel? Also how long might they take?

Aww balls Ouch! . Well do you know how I can get the textures for the Regi's then? I assumed that they came with the models download but I guess not.
I mainly want the models in .obj (which I can do as far as I know) and the texture in .png or .jpg which I can't find. But I need them for all three if possible? Maybe? Plz m8s?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 01-31-2016

(01-30-2016, 09:21 PM)Zaffre Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 09:03 PM)Farlavor Wrote:

Aww balls Ouch! . Well do you know how I can get the textures for the Regi's then? I assumed that they came with the models download but I guess not.
I mainly want the models in .obj (which I can do as far as I know) and the texture in .png or .jpg which I can't find. But I need them for all three if possible? Maybe? Plz m8s?
Click "models if you need em" and head to the download with textures for the third generation. The Regis textures should be in there.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - ombra88 - 02-02-2016

Excuse the noobie question, but there is no sight of any kind of tutorials on the OP and reading 75 pages of requests to find out the most basic stuff isn't really a thing

How do I actually open those .bin models? Blender doesn't open them, nor does Ohana3DS Rebirth.
After researching online I read that you need to convert .bin into other formats, but none of the tools I use recognize them as valid files either.

Could anyone point me somewhere with a FAQ on what to do with those .bin files?

EDIT: apparently the oras models are .bch, which I opened with Ohana3DS. But the xy models are .bin. Guess that was the way of things. Solved.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 05:41 AM)ombra88 Wrote: Excuse the noobie question, but there is no sight of any kind of tutorials on the OP and reading 75 pages of requests to find out the most basic stuff isn't really a thing

How do I actually open those .bin models? Blender doesn't open them, nor does Ohana3DS Rebirth.
After researching online I read that you need to convert .bin into other formats, but none of the tools I use recognize them as valid files either.

EDIT: apparently the oras models are .bch, which I opened with Ohana3DS. But the xy models are .bin. Guess that was the way of things. Solved.

just rename the .bin to .bch, and it'll open in Ohana Rebirth.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Austichar - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 08:12 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 05:41 AM)ombra88 Wrote: Excuse the noobie question, but there is no sight of any kind of tutorials on the OP and reading 75 pages of requests to find out the most basic stuff isn't really a thing

just rename the .bin to .bch, and it'll open in Ohana Rebirth.

I tried that with the overworld XY models and they still won't work with Ohana Rebirth for me

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - trickyrick - 02-02-2016

Anyone uses the models for MikuMikuDance?

I've converted the models from BCH to SMD to PMX, which worked fine with the rigging attached. However with the PNG textures I took from the first page, the mapping doesn't seem to align right when the texture is attached.

Image below is of Monferno in PMX editor, the texture mapping is off. Anyone know of a way fixing it?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 12:15 PM)trickyrick Wrote: Anyone uses the models for MikuMikuDance?

I've converted the models from BCH to SMD to PMX, which worked fine with the rigging attached. However with the PNG textures I took from the first page, the mapping doesn't seem to align right when the texture is attached.

Image below is of Monferno in PMX editor, the texture mapping is off. Anyone know of a way fixing it?

Have you tried mirroring the texture or UV maps?
Or try taking the texture, copy, mirror and combine the two into one big texture.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 04:04 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 12:15 PM)trickyrick Wrote: Anyone uses the models for MikuMikuDance?

Or try taking the texture, copy, mirror and combine the two into one big texture.

OW Gosh, What a mess of UVW texture... I dunno what the heck can I do if the same thing happens when I import it to C4D.  Shy 
Okay, I have no choice but attempting this right now. (Let's hope my computer don't crash this time.  Cry)

PS: DAMMIT!!!!!!... The pokemon models are formatted as BIN. Ohana3DS Rebirth don't have support for BIN.
WHY???!!! After 6 months without seeing RTB and never receiving a PM from him!!!!, I already want my Bunnelby,Furfrou and Volcanion!!!!!!!!!
Who can send me all the +700 pokémon models in BCH????

This is kinda annoying and frustrating, just disappear after 6 months and letting the spammers saying stuff here, instead of uploading new models. Dammit!!!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 08:11 PM)Farlavor Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 04:04 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote:

OW Gosh, What a mess of UVW texture... I dunno what the heck can I do if the same thing happens when I import it to C4D.  Shy 
Okay, I have no choice but attempting this right now. (Let's hope my computer don't crash this time.  Cry)

PS: DAMMIT!!!!!!... The pokemon models are formatted as BIN. Ohana3DS Rebirth don't have support for BIN.
WHY???!!! After 6 months without seeing RTB and never receiving a PM from him!!!!, I already want my Bunnelby,Furfrou and Volcanion!!!!!!!!!
Who can send me all the +700 pokémon models in BCH????

This is kinda annoying and frustrating, just disappear after 6 months and letting the spammers saying stuff here, instead of uploading new models. Dammit!!!

Try the PMORAS model download, all the files are in .bch

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 02-03-2016

ok, I did it, this is what I discovered so far.

I imported Bunnelby model as DAE, but the UVW textures are not placed into the model, to be more precise, the model itself had no texture when I imported the BCH file.

I downloaded the textures too and tried to import them. I couldn't since PNG isn't supported. and BCH itself has no models, Did I miss something guys?

I exported the model without textures (Maybe I made a mistake that way and it should have the textures in order to export UVW as well).
and when imported the model, as expected it has no models (Durrrr, Captain obvious to the rescue) and when I imported the textures into the materials of each part of bunnelby's body. The textures themselves appeared messed up, just like the Trickyrick's Monferno textures. but directly on DAE format. I tried what OS-Prime suggested to Trickyrick to mirror the textures. but didn't work. at least not the way I expected to do. Besides I don't know eactly how the heck can I do really to mirror the textures without knowing how to do it Without photoshop.
I use a portable version that forces me to reinstall it on each use. It's annoying as hell, but for now I have no other choice. Sad
but it seems the problem may be the texture itself or the UVW.

I gotta take a rest from this at the moment until I receive an answer to solve this. Tongue

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - RadamanthysMI - 02-05-2016

LOL...
i was thinking about create the pidgeot animations for my game... i see the animated xy sprites, and when i open the pidgeot model i see a thing...
on this models, we have 2 wings more that in the game O.o