The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - jugol - 11-19-2014

(11-16-2014, 12:43 PM)DJTHED Wrote:
(11-15-2014, 11:41 PM)Mystie Wrote: Also, I apologize for the models being so big. You see, what I do is open the model into 3DSMax, then export it as .fbx (I don't do any work with it in 3DSMax since its interface is really confusing for me), then convert the .fbx to .dae in Noesis since Blender cannot read .fbx, then I open the .dae in Blender, resize it to 100 (because .dae exports always end up being really small), and continue to work from there.

I see. Well it seems like your models are maybe 40-50 times larger than RTB's models when I import them into blender, but I'm not positive of the exact scale at this point x.x

Yep, it's about 40 times. Exactly, (1/0.0254 = 39.3700787) times.

And the reason is the measure unit used in the file. These .dae models use meters, and RTB's models use inches.

Wherever it says
Code:
<unit name="meter" meter="1"/>

change to
Code:
<unit name="inch" meter="0.0254"/>

and the magic is done.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Mystie - 11-19-2014

(11-19-2014, 08:55 PM)jugol Wrote:
(11-16-2014, 12:43 PM)DJTHED Wrote:
(11-15-2014, 11:41 PM)Mystie Wrote: Also, I apologize for the models being so big. You see, what I do is open the model into 3DSMax, then export it as .fbx (I don't do any work with it in 3DSMax since its interface is really confusing for me), then convert the .fbx to .dae in Noesis since Blender cannot read .fbx, then I open the .dae in Blender, resize it to 100 (because .dae exports always end up being really small), and continue to work from there.

I see. Well it seems like your models are maybe 40-50 times larger than RTB's models when I import them into blender, but I'm not positive of the exact scale at this point x.x

Yep, it's about 40 times. Exactly, (1/0.0254 = 39.3700787) times.

And the reason is the measure unit used in the file. These .dae models use meters, and RTB's models use inches.

Wherever it says

Code:

change to

Code:

and the magic is done.

Sweet, thanks for the info! This will be very helpful, not just to me, but to others!

(Also, you maaaaay want to post this as a comment on the TMR page, just in case people go there without being to our forums Wink)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DJTHED - 11-20-2014

(11-19-2014, 08:55 PM)jugol Wrote: Yep, it's about 40 times. Exactly, (1/0.0254 = 39.3700787) times.

Wherever it says

Code:

change to

Code:

and the magic is done.

Alright, cool. Thanks! Big Grin

Yeah I was leaning towards 40x, but I definitely didn't think it would have been exactly that, so it's nice to know the exact number Tongue

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-20-2014

Now that OR/AS has officially been unleashed onto the Internet, once I get those files I can start working on uploading the Megas from that game.

...On that note, Brendan's model will be uploaded tomorrow.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-21-2014

Ding.

Brendan
Brendan
Brendan (Overworld)
Brendan (Overworld)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - kuraido - 11-21-2014

(11-21-2014, 12:27 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Ding.

Brendan
Brendan
Brendan (Overworld)
Brendan (Overworld)
As Ruby would say, "Beautiful".

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 11-21-2014

Are we allowed to make OR/AS model requests now that the game is out? If so, I`d like to request Steven, Archie, and Maxie

If not, then nevermind Smile

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-21-2014

(11-21-2014, 02:36 PM)MimiNeko Wrote: Are we allowed to make OR/AS model requests now that the game is out? If so, I`d like to request Steven, Archie, and Maxie

Well, I don't see why not, but at the moment I don't have access to the full OR/AS model files, only the demo's, so I can't extract any models from it just yet.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 11-21-2014

(11-21-2014, 04:48 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(11-21-2014, 02:36 PM)MimiNeko Wrote: Are we allowed to make OR/AS model requests now that the game is out? If so, I`d like to request Steven, Archie, and Maxie

Well, I don't see why not, but at the moment I don't have access to the full OR/AS model files, only the demo's, so I can't extract any models from it just yet.

Alrighty, best of luck in getting the OR/AS files

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 11-22-2014

(11-21-2014, 04:48 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

but at least you managed to get the models from the Demo... so it's a matter of time you do that to the full rom as well. so just we have to wait.

At least it's something.  Smile
I will keep waiting for the models of the remaining pokemon.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Trikeboy - 11-23-2014

Hello, Thank you for your amazing work. I'm curious, is it possible to extract the world maps from the games? A model of Kalos or Hoenn would really make images look amazing.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Heykinox - 11-23-2014

I signed up to say: OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I used to use the models from http://roestudios.co.uk/project/3d-pokemon-models/ but they are old an have no rig.
Perhaps the guy from this website would be glad to help you extract the models from the 3DS versions?
And hopefully the Pokemon models from OR/AS are be same as the ones in X/Y and you won't have to extract them again.

PS: My requests are Weavile and Druddigon Smile

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Zerphax - 11-24-2014

Hey um, Could i request Zoroark. He's my favorite

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-24-2014

Oh my heavens...YES.

Random Talking Bush you never cease to amaze me. If I could only get Archie and Maxie now my project would be complete! I'm so excited now to see what's next!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - channfree - 11-25-2014

Hey do you think I could get a Delibird rip, for the holidays?

Also this is what I recently released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnG6KKRZWj4&list=FLTXcDICnyE_C21PfWMr2yhw&index=2

Thanks for the models

Or have a lot of winter themed pokemon