The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Yunichi - 01-22-2024

Does someone know how to import in blender or has add-ons for blender for the animations files?
I can't find anything about them  Cry

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - tdguchi - 01-22-2024

(01-22-2024, 10:15 AM)Yunichi Wrote: Does someone know how to import in blender or has add-ons for blender for the animations files?

Install this

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Blender_Source_Tools

Then in File>export you will have another option to import SMD animations (first you need to convert de tranm files in the switch toolbox) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv03pqnKsGg

That tutorial explains it all.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Yunichi - 01-22-2024

(01-22-2024, 01:50 PM)tdguchi Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 10:15 AM)Yunichi Wrote: Does someone know how to import in blender or has add-ons for blender for the animations files?

Install this

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Blender_Source_Tools

Then in File>export you will have another option to import SMD animations (first you need to convert de tranm files in the switch toolbox) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv03pqnKsGg

That tutorial explains it all.

Thank you so much bud Cute

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - RHD-45 - 01-23-2024

Hello! Thanks for providing 3d models, I really appreciate it.
I've attempted to rip the model of Iron Thorns, but it seems that its eyes and body glow are missing. PNG files of its eyes do not appear to contain anything. Is this because I've done something wrong during the ripping process, or do the eyes need some extra procedures to be added in? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - tdguchi - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 10:01 AM)RHD-45 Wrote: Hello! Thanks for providing 3d models, I really appreciate it.
I've attempted to rip the model of Iron Thorns, but it seems that its eyes and body glow are missing. PNG files of its eyes do not appear to contain anything. Is this because I've done something wrong during the ripping process, or do the eyes need some extra procedures to be added in? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

That happens on almost every pokemon.

Those files you say are (probably) right, but using them is not as easy as the body....

You need to make the eyes in blender, in the shading part, i have no idea how, i have copied some to get charmander eyes, but its a mess. 

Also when that is finished, that shading will not be exported with the FBX, you will need to "bake" those textures on PNG, which is another nightmare.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - RHD-45 - 01-24-2024

(01-23-2024, 04:45 PM)tdguchi Wrote: That happens on almost every pokemon.

Those files you say are (probably) right, but using them is not as easy as the body....

You need to make the eyes in blender, in the shading part, i have no idea how, i have copied some to get charmander eyes, but its a mess. 

Also when that is finished, that shading will not be exported with the FBX, you will need to "bake" those textures on PNG, which is another nightmare.

Thanks for the insight. I'm guessing that's because the eyes are animated separately, so the sprites aren't included in the 3d model. Can you tell me how you managed to restore Charmander's eyes?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - tdguchi - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 03:07 AM)RHD-45 Wrote:
(01-23-2024, 04:45 PM)tdguchi Wrote: That happens on almost every pokemon.

Thanks for the insight. I'm guessing that's because the eyes are animated separately, so the sprites aren't included in the 3d model. Can you tell me how you managed to restore Charmander's eyes?

Sorry, that a top secret, saved by my family through generations....

Just joking. Big Grin

OK, lets go.

Im asuming that your pokemon is from SV. 

When ripping, you got a trmdl file, which is the pokemon itself, and those BTX files that you convert to DDS and then to PNG 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTtwzTEdda8

That video shows the entire process of using the files, also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv03pqnKsGg shows how to get the animations.

But talking about textures. If you use the OP plugin for loading trmdl in blender, and load that trmdl (just make sure the png textures files and the rest of tr** files are with it) it will load a full pokemon, with all textures, included eyes. And then if you put the smd plugin you can load the animations ripper from the second video.

BUT that pokemon is not exportable as is, if you export the fbx, you will get a pokemon with no eyes or flames, because they are procedural materials.

Those materials are shaders, click on shading tab (at the top of blender) then in you model click on eye or a flame or whatever mesh in white.

You will see something like this:

[Image: image.png]

That is the procedural diagram of the eyes, if you move the boxes (are a lot, yes, A LOT) you will see that its using those files in white blue, black... etc and maybe some lym.layers1 2 3 4 files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AioskAgcU2U

That video shows how to bake the textures, that guy uses some parameters that I copied in charmander and it looks good, but i dont know if it works on any pokemon (maybe yes)

After the process you will get some files like this ones:

Then go to you pokemon in fbx (the one without eyes) and in shading tab delete the diagram (that is also on the video) install a plugin he says and load the images.

Now when you export the FBX it should export also the eye (or flames)

Now im trying to use the models in unreal engine, and i found some problems. I dont know if its your idea to export to it but maybe someone finds this posts useful too.

In unreal using the images directly to bake materials (I mean, you load a map, then click file>import to this scene) you will be granted with tons of errors, the most important are bone related.

To fix them, in the exporting menu in blender you must click "Armature" and then uncheck "add leaf Bones". Now only some errors about scale are shown (im digging on it yet)

Your pokemon its there.

Now, the textures, on the bottom you will have a component box, with some spheres (the materials) or just the images in 2D in that case, right click on the PNG and create material. 

You need to edit them (right click> edit), I found that the default material has some problems so it needs a bit of tweaking.

That its almost the same that in shading, just keep in mind that you need to put a multiplier in the emissive input, the color was very bright, the norma texture looks shiny xD but that fixes it.

then select your pokemon in the actor editor (it will be very tiny, just select it and scale at the right menu) and at the right menu search the textures/materials part and asign them. a little higher in that menu you could enable the animations (if you exported them with the fbx) 

Save all and your pokemon should be textured and animated.

I think thats all, if you have troubles on any point just ask, this is a rough walkthrough, im sure that this could be better done, but.. it works xD

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - RHD-45 - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 04:50 AM)tdguchi Wrote: Save all and your pokemon should be textured and animated.

I think thats all, if you have troubles on any point just ask, this is a rough walkthrough, im sure that this could be better done, but.. it works xD

Thanks for the info, but it seems that the lym file is empty from the beginning already. I tried redoing the entire process with only the eyes, but it seems that the files already breaks as .dds files. Also, the texture files for its back spikes and body glow don't seem to exist either. At this point I have no idea to resolve this issue. Maybe I could try reusing Iron Valiant's eye textures, but then the spikes and body become transparent  Cry

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - tdguchi - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 10:05 AM)RHD-45 Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 04:50 AM)tdguchi Wrote: Save all and your pokemon should be textured and animated.

Thanks for the info, but it seems that the lym file is empty from the beginning already. I tried redoing the entire process with only the eyes, but it seems that the files already breaks as .dds files. Also, the texture files for its back spikes and body glow don't seem to exist either. At this point I have no idea to resolve this issue. Maybe I could try reusing Iron Valiant's eye textures, but then the spikes and body become transparent  Cry

I have tried it too, yes, those files are empty... I dont know what to do now, they should have the textures

Im stuck with animations

(the textures are not set, im just trying to config animations) 

the vines, if they are called so, should not be there in run animation (and a bunch of animations) and show only in attack animation...

But I dont know how to hide them xD

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - tdguchi - 01-25-2024

Here are the Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard models (and animations...but, its an screenshot xD) in unreal engine 5

Im not happy with the flames, but im very very new in editing. but... its a good start point, maybe charmander color should be more red.. its color changes game to game or anime... 

Now I will try to create some flames, but it will take time (first I need to learn to use blender)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - arctic dino - 01-25-2024

I keep getting an error about how there's no active material for body_c when I'm trying to bake the eye textures for Cramorant.

How do I fix this?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - RoomyLEGO775 - 01-30-2024

I recently tried dipping my feet into ripping the 3D Pokémon models from the mobile release of Pokémon Home.

I downloaded the latest .apk and used 7Zip to unzip the files. However, I encountered a few obstacles after that point.

I tried using Asset Studio, but the developers said that Unity projects beyond 2022.1 weren't supported. I tried using it regardless, but the presence of errors made me believe that the Pokémon Home devs are using a more recent version of Unity.

My "use" of ABA Decryptor has left me feeling lost. I attempted to open the .exe file, but unfortunately, it didn't launch properly.

I was successful to some degree in using AssetRipper, with the extraction working better. However, the Pokémon models either weren't present or were embedded in other files. It's possible that I overlooked a step or didn't follow all of the steps for complete extraction.

I'm relatively new to 3D model ripping, and any answers and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

NOTE: I mainly use Blender for all of my 3D endeavours.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - LuigiWithEverything - 01-30-2024

ask some people in the unitypy discord server to help you or use the modified assetstudio forks like aelurum's assetstudio to open unity 2022 assets

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - arctic dino - 02-04-2024

Why do some of the textures seem to not be included with some tree models?

Here the only texture listed is plants_me_tree_beech01_trunk01.

Yet when I load the model in Blender, there's also plants_ivy01_01 and plants_beech01_branch01_01

I can't find those two textures no matter where I look.

Update: found them in the tr_share_tex and glb_share_tex folders.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Caldoric - 02-14-2024

Ok, so, y'all are probably super tired of seeing this kind of post, but... I'm super new to the whole "ripping assets from pokemon games" thing (I've managed to extract a few things from certain other games in the past, but this seems more complicated), and I'm not entirely sure what portion of the items in the root post of this thread I'd need, or how exactly I'd go about using any of it. If there were one or more relevant tutorials linked in said root post, that would definitely be helpful for folks like myself, and anyone who comes after.

For the information of anyone who might decide to drop some wisdom on my head; I would be using Blender (3.6.X), not 3DS Max (trial version broke on me before I ever had a chance to use it, and I couldn't get it fixed, and I ain't selling my kidneys for the full version), and I'm also only interested in taking a stab at Scarlet/Violet specifically (for now).