The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - deathica - 10-02-2023

Hello, for some reason, whenver I try to import models using the Blender script, their textures do not get created into a material properly. I am using Charmander atm as a test run for the whole process to get used to it, but the pieces of the textures are not being applied into the correct places for some reason.

This is what Charmander turns out like when using it with no modifications.
https://ibb.co/hWmm6DS

With some messing around, I can kind of get him working by changing the base color setting in the material to lighten instead of multiply, but it still looks funky.
https://ibb.co/pzScSbT

Is this something to do with my Blender install? I haven't modified any settings, and I couldn't find anything relating to the plugin stating there were changes I'd have to make to get them to import correctly. Also, as shown, the bones are a little strange, but I figure that's just a quirk of Blender itself. Would I likely have to swap over to 3DSmax to get the models saved and exported correctly for proper use?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Alan Dancur - 10-04-2023

(09-27-2023, 09:40 AM)ChubbyMonk40 Wrote: Is there a blender plugin for the New Pokemon Snap models? At first I attempted using Smash Ultimate Blender (due to the similar file types), however that didn't work due to New Snap using .nusrcmdlb instead.

(09-27-2023, 09:40 AM)ChubbyMonk40 Wrote: Is there a blender plugin for the New Pokemon Snap models? At first I attempted using Smash Ultimate Blender (due to the similar file types), however that didn't work due to New Snap using .nusrcmdlb instead.

OK so I found a way around for this. Using a material file from smash (.numdlb) I can then import a model from new snap into blender. The downside is that the model will have no materials HOWEVER, since the meshes are split per material, it's easy to just make some new ones and reassign the textures!

Hi i've been trying all night but can't figure out how to import the models properly. Im following what you said but I still can't do it. Is there anyway you could show me how to do it?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - crist0393 - 10-07-2023

Has anyone tried to port the Common Character models from Pokemon Scarlet/Violet? I don't quite understand which parts of the models I have to scale so they look like in the game, or if you have to scale up or down.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - deejayen - 10-09-2023

hello, new to this. somehow cant access any of the meganz links. was planning to get scizor and his animations but i cant access to it.  Cry if anyone can help would be appreciated

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - DinoBlastElec - 10-09-2023

Does anyone have the SV trainer animation files in .smd?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - BLOODBLIGHT - 10-11-2023

Hello! I'm extremely, extremely new to this kind of thing (importing ripped models, etc.) and I was wondering if I could possible receive some help for the issue I'm experiencing!

I ran the Blender script by ChicoEevee to import Legends Arceus models with, but I keep receiving this error message instead of any model loading! How can I fix this? These words are mostly foreign to my brain (90%, I'd say), so any guidance would be SO appreciated! Smile

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - XDM inc - 10-14-2023

anyone know how to get a edited model from blender/ 3d app BACK to the switch? cant export as a trmdl and switch toolbox cant open trmdl files.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - B1uelight - 10-15-2023

(10-14-2023, 03:32 AM)XDM inc Wrote: anyone know how to  get a edited model from blender/ 3d app BACK to the switch? cant export as a trmdl and switch toolbox cant open trmdl files.

Look up the Pokémon Switch Modding Discord. They recently posted a guide on how to do so.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - shade1172 - 10-16-2023

Hello! New to this thread. Just wanting to ask, how is it going with the progress of the currently pending models of the Pokémon Home Mobile page?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - kyledove - 10-21-2023

Hello!
I'm a spriter who has a personal goal to sprite every pokemon character in gen 4/5 style, and the model rips you guys do have been completely incredible. I did have a question though -

I've got some of the XY trainer models running in blender, but do they contain any animations? They're all T-posing.
If I could get the animations it would be super helpful for references. I just don't know much about 3D models at all so I don't know if theres animation data there and I'm just too stupid to figure it out.
one of the models for example - https://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/model/8631/

You can see some of my work here - https://pokengine.org/search?query=trainers+%23public%2Buse%2Bwith%2Bcredits

Thanks if anyone can help!

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - StarMatter - 11-06-2023

Big Grin Hello RTB, may I request Melmetal from sword and shield? I can't find his official model anywhere on the internet, and i need it for a personal project, thanks for reading.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - MimiChica - 11-12-2023

(09-14-2014, 04:15 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: As some of you might've seen already, I've got the know-how to get the models from any of the 3DS / Switch Pokémon games with their original bone structures and rigging. I'll be using this topic as a hub for any Pokémon model requests for me to rip and upload, and only up to 3 requests per person at a time -- once I get those done, you're welcome to ask for some more. Just keep in mind I'll be working on these during my spare time, so don't expect 'em right away (way too outdated, ignore this).

What you'll need:
Models (UPDATED! 09/14/23)
-----
3DS:
Ohana3DS Rebirth
Ohana3DS Rebirth Hacky Workaround (by waielal, loads broken files)
-----
Let's Go + Sword/Shield + Legends: Arceus + Scarlet/Violet:
RTB's GFBMDL / TRMDL Model MAXScript (UPDATED! 10/27/22)
SomeKitten and ChicoEevee's Blender Script
Nintendo Switch - BNTX, BFRES and BFFNT to DDS (UPDATED! 09/19/22)
-----
New Pokémon Snap:
NUSRCMDLB Model MaxScript (NEW! 05/26/21)
NUTEXB-to-DDS Texture QuickBMS Script (NEW! 05/26/21)
-----
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl:
AssetStudio

Currently uploaded:
Pokémon X / Y
Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Sun / Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon
Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee!
Pokémon Sword / Shield
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl

just thought id point out your gen 9 pokemon ID's have an error
You have Arbolivia listed where Frigibax should be

1041 - Arboliva
1042 - Capsakid
1043 - Scovillain
1044 - Tadbulb
1045 - Bellibolt
1046 - Varoom
1047 - Revavroom
1048 - Orthworm
1049 - Tandemaus
1050 - Maushold
1051 - Cetoddle
1052 - Cetitan
1053 - Arbolovia
1054 - Arctibax
1055 - Baxcalibur

see Arbolivia is supposed to be id 1041 only
and Frigibax is supposed to be ID 1053, instead you have arbolivia twice

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-12-2023

(11-12-2023, 01:02 PM)MimiChica Wrote: just thought id point out your gen 9 pokemon ID's have an error
You have Arbolivia listed where Frigibax should be

1041 - Arboliva
1042 - Capsakid
1043 - Scovillain
1044 - Tadbulb
1045 - Bellibolt
1046 - Varoom
1047 - Revavroom
1048 - Orthworm
1049 - Tandemaus
1050 - Maushold
1051 - Cetoddle
1052 - Cetitan
1053 - Arbolovia
1054 - Arctibax
1055 - Baxcalibur

see Arbolivia is supposed to be id 1041 only
and Frigibax is supposed to be ID 1053, instead you have arbolivia twice
Whoops! I don't know how I managed that, but it's been fixed now.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 11-17-2023

(09-14-2014, 04:15 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: As some of you might've seen already, I've got the know-how to get the models from any of the 3DS / Switch Pokémon games with their original bone structures and rigging. I'll be using this topic as a hub for any Pokémon model requests for me to rip and upload, and only up to 3 requests per person at a time -- once I get those done, you're welcome to ask for some more. Just keep in mind I'll be working on these during my spare time, so don't expect 'em right away (way too outdated, ignore this).

What you'll need:
Models (UPDATED! 09/14/23)
-----
3DS:
Ohana3DS Rebirth
Ohana3DS Rebirth Hacky Workaround (by waielal, loads broken files)
-----
Let's Go + Sword/Shield + Legends: Arceus + Scarlet/Violet:
RTB's GFBMDL / TRMDL Model MAXScript (UPDATED! 10/27/22)
SomeKitten and ChicoEevee's Blender Script
Nintendo Switch - BNTX, BFRES and BFFNT to DDS (UPDATED! 09/19/22)
-----
New Pokémon Snap:
NUSRCMDLB Model MaxScript (NEW! 05/26/21)
NUTEXB-to-DDS Texture QuickBMS Script (NEW! 05/26/21)
-----
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl:
AssetStudio

Currently uploaded:
Pokémon X / Y
Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Sun / Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon
Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee!
Pokémon Sword / Shield
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl

Is it safe to add Pokémon Home on the first post?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - FreezShocka - 12-02-2023

Hello, working on a school Level Design project and I was hoping to get Ultra Necrozma's model as a centerpiece. I've seen it floating around but the file locations have been deleted or are unavailable and if it was submitted under USUM models here, the submission appears to have been rejected. Is it possible for someone to DM the file to me if they have it or point me towards where it might be?

Cheers!