The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - RetroMB - 12-14-2022

hey DoctorPortal.

the Blender script apparently only works with versions 3.3.x of Blender.
You can grab version 3.3.2 from here if you haven't already: https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/

A warning tho, since you're interested in the female trainer's summer uniform.
The blender script currently doesn't work for importing trainers. They tend to look like this, because the script doesn't know how to import the model's blend shapes for the face.

[Image: rafd0h.jpg]

Side note:

Meanwhile I'm here, I need to tell Random Talking Bush that the model for Maushold's (Family of Four) form probably wasn't uploaded correctly on your SV-Poke mega.nz folder.

When I imported the (Family of THREE) form, it worked fine because all 48 bntx textures were there. Since this pokemon is basically four different mice, each mouse apparently has 12 textures each.

But the problem with the (Family of FOUR) form is that you only uploaded 12 bntx textures. Without those missing textures, the model for Maushold "pm1050_12_00" just looks wrong when the script tries to import it.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - DoctorPortal - 12-15-2022

(12-14-2022, 06:38 PM)RetroMB Wrote: hey DoctorPortal.

the Blender script apparently only works with versions 3.3.x of Blender.
You can grab version 3.3.2 from here if you haven't already: https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/

A warning tho, since you're interested in the female trainer's summer uniform.
The blender script currently doesn't work for importing trainers. They tend to look like this, because the script doesn't know how to import the model's blend shapes for the face.

[Image: rafd0h.jpg]

Side note:

Meanwhile I'm here, I need to tell Random Talking Bush that the model for Maushold's (Family of Four) form probably wasn't uploaded correctly on your SV-Poke mega.nz folder.

When I imported the (Family of THREE) form, it worked fine because all 48 bntx textures were there. Since this pokemon is basically four different mice, each mouse apparently has 12 textures each.

But the problem with the (Family of FOUR) form is that you only uploaded 12 bntx textures. Without those missing textures, the model for Maushold "pm1050_12_00" just looks wrong when the script tries to import it.

Hey, big thanks!! Sad that it's no good for importing trainer models yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. My only real goal for this first excursion was to remove the tie from the shirt. But hey, if I gotta wait, I gotta wait! No biggie lol.

I've made a bunch of mods for Cyberpunk 2077, starting all the way back at launch. Believe me, I'm no stranger to waiting for tools to be updated (or even released to begin with). xD

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 12-15-2022

(12-14-2022, 06:38 PM)RetroMB Wrote: Meanwhile I'm here, I need to tell Random Talking Bush that the model for Maushold's (Family of Four) form probably wasn't uploaded correctly on your SV-Poke mega.nz folder.

Actually, the way the folders are set up is technically correct. For alternate forms which share aspects of the original, the game stores the textures for those in the original's folder (in this case, pm1050_11_00), and the materials are set up to back out into the correct folder accordingly:
Code:
BaseColorMap: ../pm1050_11_00/pm1050_11_00_body_01_a_alb [0]
NormalMap: ../pm1050_11_00/pm1050_11_00_body_01_a_nrm [1]
RoughnessMap: ../pm1050_11_00/pm1050_11_00_body_01_a_rgn [2]
AOMap: ../pm1050_11_00/pm1050_11_00_body_01_a_ao [3]
SSSMaskMap: ../pm1050_11_00/pm1050_11_00_body_msk [6]

The Family of Four uses the Family of Three's textures in their entirety, the "pm1050_12_00" textures in said folder aren't even used in the first place and in fact are just placeholders! (Go ahead and convert one of the "_alb" textures to see what I mean. Tongue)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - DoubleSpinningEdge! - 12-15-2022

In getting Ceruledge ready, I cant find the color texture images for it's eyes in the download. Is there a reason for this or is there something obvious I missed? Thank you in advance Smile

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - TerribleTavi - 12-16-2022

This might be a very simple fix that I'm missing but I'm at a bit of a loss on this one ? Would anyone be willing to help me out with getting the textures to apply correctly to the models in blender? For some reason on import using the Blender script, all the pokemon turn Pink LOL If there is anything I need to fix to get them applied correctly, I'd very much appreciate it! Thank you ?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - GameBoy2936 - 12-17-2022

(12-13-2022, 03:12 PM)RetroMB Wrote: Here is a 1 hour long uncut video of me ripping Meowscarada's 3d model and animations.

I've watched very closely on the first video to import Greninja's SV model into Blender before it gets approved on the Models Resource, but when I've imported the python script and import in the trmdl file, this comes up:
Code:
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Micha\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 93, in execute
    from_trmdl(directory, f, self.rare, self.loadlods, self.usedds)
  File "C:\Users\Micha\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 1324, in from_trmdl
    material.node_tree.links.new(alb_image_texture.outputs[0],  mix_color6.inputs[1])
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'alb_image_texture' referenced before assignment
Can you see where the issue is here?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - RetroMB - 12-17-2022

(12-16-2022, 04:18 PM)TerribleTavi Wrote: This might be a very simple fix that I'm missing but I'm at a bit of a loss on this one ? Would anyone be willing to help me out with getting the textures to apply correctly to the models in blender? For some reason on import using the Blender script, all the pokemon turn Pink LOL If there is anything I need to fix to get them applied correctly, I'd very much appreciate it! Thank you ?

Probably because you're using version 3.4 of blender, which barely came out 10 days ago. The python script currently works for versions 3.3 of blender, but it hasn't been updated to the latest version yet.

Other than that, you're also gonna have to convert the bntx textures into png textures before you import them. The script won't know what to do with btnx textures.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - lumiet - 12-17-2022

Hi! Big thank you to RTB and Blender script creators for all the work they've done.

I've been working with importing SV animations, and one small contribution I wanted to make was a simple bash script for renaming .TRANM files to .GFBANM so that you don't have to rename every single file individually.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

for file in *.tranm; do
    mv -- "$file" "${file%.tranm}.gfbanm"
done

Using a Linux/MacOS/WSL terminal, you can use this by creating the file "touch filename", paste it in with editor of choice, and run it with "bash filename", making sure you're in your directory with the .TRANM files.

You'll still have to go through the same process with importing into Toolbox and exporting as .SMD, but I thought this might help expedite things a little bit.

Been having a lot of fun messing around with the models and animations and hope to use them in personal projects in the future!
[Image: kJN7qDE.gif]

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - GameBoy2936 - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 03:59 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 03:12 PM)RetroMB Wrote: Here is a 1 hour long uncut video of me ripping Meowscarada's 3d model and animations.

I've watched very closely on the first video to import Greninja's SV model into Blender before it gets approved on the Models Resource, but when I've imported the python script and import in the trmdl file, this comes up:
Code:
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Micha\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 93, in execute
    from_trmdl(directory, f, self.rare, self.loadlods, self.usedds)
  File "C:\Users\Micha\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 1324, in from_trmdl
    material.node_tree.links.new(alb_image_texture.outputs[0],  mix_color6.inputs[1])
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'alb_image_texture' referenced before assignment
Can you see where the issue is here?
Quick update on this issue. I exported the python script the exact way you did it. Now there's just one more underlying issue. When I import Greninja's trmdl file into blender using the script, his body is completely black no matter what lighting I add to the world.

EDIT: The original texture files have been converted to DDS, then to PNGs. I haven't got a clue if I've messed up somewhere.

EDIT 2: Had to re-do the DDS to PNG conversion. Now Greninja's loading with the correct textures.
[Image: 2022_12_17_by_gameboy2936_dfkgsve-fullvi...GhILnsAmhw]

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - TerribleTavi - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 03:59 AM)RetroMB Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 04:18 PM)TerribleTavi Wrote: This might be a very simple fix that I'm missing but I'm at a bit of a loss on this one ? Would anyone be willing to help me out with getting the textures to apply correctly to the models in blender? For some reason on import using the Blender script, all the pokemon turn Pink LOL If there is anything I need to fix to get them applied correctly, I'd very much appreciate it! Thank you ?

Probably because you're using version 3.4 of blender, which barely came out 10 days ago. The python script currently works for versions 3.3 of blender, but it hasn't been updated to the latest version yet.

Other than that, you're also gonna have to convert the bntx textures into png textures before you import them. The script won't know what to do with btnx textures.

Tried out your suggestions and it happened to be the import script doesn't like using the DDS files that were exported from STB LOL Had that option checked off but I guess had issues applying them? I'm not sure but happy to report that the script is working in 3.4! As long as you use PNG and not DDS like I was LOL

GameBoy2936 Wrote:EDIT 2: Had to re-do the DDS to PNG conversion. Now Greninja's loading with the correct textures.

So it was just a problem with the conversion, huh? Well, I'm glad it's working for you now.

Because honestly, I didn't know what to tell you. I tried removing the script and re-installing it again to see if anything was different, but everything still worked fine on my end. I even went through the whole process of importing Greninja again, but nothing seemed wrong.

A vid of me checking out the Greninja model: https://files.catbox.moe/xjdsfx.webm

TerribleTavi Wrote:Tried out your suggestions and it happened to be the import script doesn't like using the DDS files that were exported from STB LOL Had that option checked off but I guess had issues applying them? I'm not sure but happy to report that the script is working in 3.4! As long as you use PNG and not DDS like I was LOL

Good news to hear that it works in 3.4 too

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - dragonite_ - 12-17-2022

It seems that toolbox is used when converting to smd, but yuzu does not work and cannot extract gpak's extended data, so please give me the data

(12-17-2022, 08:07 AM)dragonite_ Wrote: It seems that toolbox is used when converting to smd, but yuzu does not work and cannot extract gpak's extended data, so please give me the data

Bulbasaur gfpak: https://mega.nz/folder/r8sHQKKb#5QIQde2-8_53k9Ll_YcyNA

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - C-Y - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 04:07 AM)lumiet Wrote: Hi! Big thank you to RTB and Blender script creators for all the work they've done.

I've been working with importing SV animations, and one small contribution I wanted to make was a simple bash script for renaming .TRANM files to .GFBANM so that you don't have to rename every single file individually.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

for file in *.tranm; do
    mv -- "$file" "${file%.tranm}.gfbanm"
done

Using a Linux/MacOS/WSL terminal, you can use this by creating the file "touch filename", paste it in with editor of choice, and run it with "bash filename", making sure you're in your directory with the .TRANM files.

You'll still have to go through the same process with importing into Toolbox and exporting as .SMD, but I thought this might help expedite things a little bit.

Been having a lot of fun messing around with the models and animations and hope to use them in personal projects in the future!
[Image: kJN7qDE.gif]

Latest ToolBox can handle .tranm, so no need to rename to .gfbanm now btw

https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox/commit/eaef6e5f0cc18ad2de86d6a6b70adfad294398ec

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lunanem - 12-17-2022

(12-08-2022, 11:10 PM)BakaCirno01 Wrote: hello,Thanks for your work!I got the lono mod and import into blender but I found it dont have the mouth bone。Is the way I imported it wrong?or at this stage, I should create the mouth bone in blender?

How did you manage to import it with the face at all (even without blendshapes)? When I imported it, there was no head at all, though everything else (and the eyes) was there.