The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 12:59 PM)Amalgam Wildcard Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 12:35 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Is anyone having trouble with the Pokémon Animations from Sword and Shield? Some of them are not displaying properly.

I didn't know the animations from SwSh were even available, let alone viewable haha

I was viewing them in Switch Toolbox but a lot of them aren’t displaying properly.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-26-2022

Small, but important update for my script while I work on tidying things up for a potential revision down the line:
Code:
Fixed common trainer models from Scarlet & Violet ("model_vr") not importing due to an oversight.
https://mega.nz/file/XpYWzDBR#NGpeQsw6lbyhY06AOGcI8rkVwQ6D3aCmNswJRu9Y7Ns

(11-26-2022, 08:36 AM)senpai-satan Wrote: hey i get a virus warning when i try to dl the SV_Trainers file. just wanted to mention that

Sweatdropedit

sorry saw that another user mentioned it already so sorry about that Very Sad
Must be one heck of a false-positive for two users to be reporting the same issue. It's not like it's trying to download an EXE file or anything, I would hope...? I went ahead and repackaged those into multiple, smaller 7Z archives, hopefully one of those won't report back as being a virus. :/

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - rogen7 - 11-26-2022

Hello, all, so I've been taking a look at this for a few days, and I've managed to extract the trpak files from Pokemon Scarlet, and I can even open them and view their contents. Unfortunately, this content is encrypted, so I've been wondering how you guys are managing to get trmdl files from this? I'm completely stumped.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - YeraySL - 11-26-2022

Again for the people who ask, Blender addon currently dosnt supports SV Trainers, i dont think if i will get to support them someday so if you guys want Scarlet Violet Trainers please use 3ds Max Script for now until a better blender script appears or i get to make it

Sorry~ but at least it works for load materials so u can use it to load Materials for trainers, or just Load Pokémon with it cause Pokémon should load it correctly as far as ik

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - treeman14 - 11-26-2022

does anyone possibly know where the basis for eye textures are? i notice some of the npcs do have some eyes (particularly the more unique, harder to procedurally generate ones) compared to others,i have heard the eyes are similar to PLA models but i cant seem to find any basis texture for the eyes...

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 07:27 PM)treeman14 Wrote: does anyone possibly know where the basis for eye textures are? i notice some of the npcs do have some eyes (particularly the more unique, harder to procedurally generate ones) compared to others,i have heard the eyes are similar to PLA models but i cant seem to find any basis texture for the eyes...
Check the "share" folder, those have all of the commonly-used textures. The script should even route to the correct folders necessary for the materials for those.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Zero-Chan - 11-26-2022

Hey Random Talking Bush, it seems like that the SV update broke gfbmdl loading for Pkm, getting an error code when I try to import pm0888

Also dunno if you saw it, but maps in SV seems to have rigging now with weighting, Sada's / Turo's lab for example (w23_i32), it has full rigging for it's time machine and animations for it but the map itself has no weighting.

Also if that's not too much work for ya, I would like to request the anim files of Trainers/Player characters.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-27-2022

(11-26-2022, 11:55 PM)Zero-Chan Wrote: Hey Random Talking Bush, it seems like that the SV update broke gfbmdl loading for Pkm, getting an error code when I try to import pm0888

Also dunno if you saw it, but maps in SV seems to have rigging now with weighting, Sada's / Turo's lab for example (w23_i32), it has full rigging for it's time machine and animations for it but the map itself has no weighting.

Also if that's not too much work for ya, I would like to request the anim files of Trainers/Player characters.
I'm not exactly sure how I managed to break that as I don't recall touching the GFBMDL portion of the script while working on Scarlet / Violet, but nevertheless it was an easy fix (literally just changing a "0" back to a "1"), so it should hopefully work now:
Code:
Fixed GFBMDL bone parenting which was accidentally broken in a previous revision.
https://mega.nz/file/XpYWzDBR#NGpeQsw6lbyhY06AOGcI8rkVwQ6D3aCmNswJRu9Y7Ns

I did get your PM regarding that model earlier. I noticed all of the mesh groups for it are single-bind (no bone IDs or weight values stored, only the bone it attaches to), hence why I didn't apply a skin modifier for those as its parent bone would animate them anyway. Maybe it would work better if I added a Skin modifier for those regardless? I'll keep that in mind for the next update.

And yeah, I could supply trainer animations and such later once I've gotten the majority of those figured out (there's still a ton of blanks I need to fill in).

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - ambros489 - 11-28-2022

Thanks to Random Talking Bush for the 3DSMax script and the game model files.

I was trying to extract the male protagonist when I noticed that the BNTX files for the default male hair (p0_hrs0001_defaultm) and uniforms (I guess p1_drs0000_uniform for Scarlet and p2_drs0000_uniform for Violet) are missing.

There are other folders that don't have BNTX files inside, like p0_bag9999_none which is understandable, but most hairstyles for the main character don't have the textures files.

I was wondering whether these textures are stored somewhere else, whether they use other's textures, or if maybe these specific textures weren't uploaded properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - jk_silver - 11-28-2022

I really want kingambit, I think it is already uploaded but I`ve benn checking the folders and don`t really know where to find the model archive

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-28-2022

(11-28-2022, 06:04 AM)ambros489 Wrote: Thanks to Random Talking Bush for the 3DSMax script and the game model files.

I was trying to extract the male protagonist when I noticed that the BNTX files for the default male hair (p0_hrs0001_defaultm) and uniforms (I guess p1_drs0000_uniform for Scarlet and p2_drs0000_uniform for Violet) are missing.

There are other folders that don't have BNTX files inside, like p0_bag9999_none which is understandable, but most hairstyles for the main character don't have the textures files.

I was wondering whether these textures are stored somewhere else, whether they use other's textures, or if maybe these specific textures weren't uploaded properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Those are considered shared textures since other NPCs use them as well, and as such you'll find those in the "share" subfolder (which is in the "SV-TrainersSharedTex" archive, in case you don't have those). For p0_hrs0001_defaultm, for example, you're looking for the following textures:
Code:
share/cm_hr_discard01_msk/cm_hr_discard01_msk.bntx
share/cm_hr_hairstyle00_alb/cm_hr_hairstyle00_alb.bntx
share/cm_hr_hairstyle00_flw/cm_hr_hairstyle00_flw.bntx
share/cm_hr_hairstyle00_nrm/cm_hr_hairstyle00_nrm.bntx
share/cm_hr_hairstyle00_rgn/cm_hr_hairstyle00_rgn.bntx
share/cm_hr_hairup03_alb/cm_hr_hairup03_alb.bntx
...and for the first p1_drs0000_uniform model:
Code:
share/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_alb/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_alb.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_ao/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_ao.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_nrm/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_nrm.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_rgn/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_00_rgn.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_01_lym/cm_drs0000_00_bottoms00_01_lym.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_alb/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_alb.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_ao/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_ao.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_lym/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_lym.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_msk/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_msk.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_mtl/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_mtl.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_nrm/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_nrm.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_rgn/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_00_rgn.bntx
share/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_01_lym/cm_drs0000_00_tops00_01_lym.bntx
share/cm_md_fab02_nrm/cm_md_fab02_nrm.bntx
share/cm_md_fab02_rgn/cm_md_fab02_rgn.bntx
share/cm_md_fab05_nrm/cm_md_fab05_nrm.bntx
share/cm_md_fab05_rgn/cm_md_fab05_rgn.bntx
If there's any other textures missing, enable the "Print material information" option and check the Listener window afterwards to see where the textures it needs are located.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 11-28-2022

(09-14-2014, 04:15 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: As some of you might've seen already, I've got the know-how to get the models from any of the 3DS / Switch Pokémon games with their original bone structures and rigging. I'll be using this topic as a hub for any Pokémon model requests for me to rip and upload, and only up to 3 requests per person at a time -- once I get those done, you're welcome to ask for some more. Just keep in mind I'll be working on these during my spare time, so don't expect 'em right away (way too outdated, ignore this).

What you'll need:
Models (UPDATED! 10/20/22)
-----
3DS:
Ohana3DS Rebirth
Ohana3DS Rebirth Hacky Workaround (by waielal, loads broken files)
-----
Let's Go + Sword/Shield + Legends: Arceus + Scarlet/Violet:
RTB's GFBMDL / TRMDL Model MAXScript (UPDATED! 10/27/22)
SomeKitten and ChicoEevee's Blender Script
Nintendo Switch - BNTX, BFRES and BFFNT to DDS (UPDATED! 02/25/22)
-----
New Pokémon Snap:
NUSRCMDLB Model MaxScript (NEW! 05/26/21)
NUTEXB-to-DDS Texture QuickBMS Script (NEW! 05/26/21)
-----
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl:
AssetStudio

Currently uploaded:
Pokémon X / Y
Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Sun / Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon
Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee!
Pokémon Sword / Shield
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl

Hi! I noticed that even animations from SV are provided! Thank you for this. Which is the way to export them from .TRANM format to a usable format like .smd? Thanks in advance!

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - The Prawn - 11-28-2022

I mean it would be nice to have animations for the newer Pokemon games be importable, but knowing how RTB has never really figured out how to import animations himself, I doubt he'll be the one doing it. Sad, I know..

Hopefully someone else could figure it out in due time. It's the only thing stopping me from porting the models to GMod and SFM.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 11-28-2022

(11-28-2022, 05:19 PM)The Prawn Wrote: I mean it would be nice to have animations for the newer Pokemon games be importable, but knowing how RTB has never really figured out how to import animations himself, I doubt he'll be the one doing it. Sad, I know..

Hopefully someone else could figure it out in due time. It's the only thing stopping me from porting the models to GMod and SFM.

Agreed and it’s stopping me from getting Animation References for Dialga and Palkia’s Origin Formes for my Spear Pillar Remake.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Gugyugubah - 11-29-2022

Nearly the whole dex already pending is insane, thank you guys. A question, is there any chance of seeing the models of the paradox pokemon anytime soon?

The Home rips saved my ass since I believe none of the new Pokemon were ripped from LA. Thanks a lot for your work as always.