The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - sectoid - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 03:10 PM)YeraySL Wrote: Thanks for this update, i wanted to get trainers shape keys so bad ;_;

also wanted to tell that Scarlett/SomeKitten ported time ago your script to blender and i helped her with material part, so i wanted to ask if you could add the script to the list, it works pretty fine with Pokémon models from PLA and SV (Trainers at the moment only PLA) since some people prefer to use Blender rather than 3DSMax (literally sometimes 3ds max takes like 5 minutes to load something)

Here's the addon: https://github.com/ChicoEevee/Pokemon-Switch-V2-Model-Importer-Blender/ (only works for 3.3.x)

Also dont know if you are interested in help for try to get the blend shapes/Morphs/Shapekeys in blender, i've been trying to do it this night but literally i was failing haha, it was just that.

Thanks for your work ^^

Quote:Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Blender 3.3\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 92, in execute
    from_trmdl(directory, f, self.rare, self.loadlods, self.usedds)
  File "D:\Blender 3.3\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 254, in from_trmdl
    trmtr = open(os.path.join(filep, trmtr_name), "rb")
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\*****\\Documents\\pm1097_00_00.trmtr'
I can't import anything with it.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - YeraySL - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 09:48 PM)sectoid Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 03:10 PM)YeraySL Wrote: Thanks for this update, i wanted to get trainers shape keys so bad Cry

also wanted to tell that Scarlett/SomeKitten ported time ago your script to blender and i helped her with material part, so i wanted to ask if you could add the script to the list, it works pretty fine with Pokémon models from PLA and SV (Trainers at the moment only PLA) since some people prefer to use Blender rather than 3DSMax (literally sometimes 3ds max takes like 5 minutes to load something)

Here's the addon: https://github.com/ChicoEevee/Pokemon-Switch-V2-Model-Importer-Blender/ (only works for 3.3.x)

Also dont know if you are interested in help for try to get the blend shapes/Morphs/Shapekeys in blender, i've been trying to do it this night but literally i was failing haha, it was just that.

Thanks for your work ^^

File "Very Sad\Blender 3.3\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 92, in execute
  File "Very Sad\Blender 3.3\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 254, in from_trmdl
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\*****\\Documents\\pm1097_00_00.trmtr'

have you tried adding the file its missing?

[Image: image.png]

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Verainium - 11-21-2022

Hi Newbie, I'm trying to download the SV-Trainers model pack from the thread and Windows keeps saying that there's a virus. Should I be worried about that?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 09:10 PM)crist0393 Wrote: So what's the order to import the player characters? I remember that with Legends Arceus you had to import the base first then the head and then the rest of the body. Is it the same with Scarlet and Violet?

Also, there are two bases, cc_base, and pc_base. Which one do we use?
It's actually way less complicated for Scarlet / Violet. All you need to do is import model_pc_base / pc_base first, then perhaps p0_face0000_heroine / p0_face0000_00_face00 afterwards just to be sure, unlike Legends: Arceus the ordering doesn't matter as much because as far as I can tell, none of the models require anything other than the base skeleton file (unlike Arceus which needed the face imported first so that the eyebrows work). The cc_base file is used for the common NPCs just like it was for L:A, which are located in the "model_vr" folder. Only problem is just like with said game, they all use the same proportions and are resized in-game... and also that I need to fix that, because apparently at some point in my rewrites I've broken importing for those. Dangit!

Just make sure you switch the "Trainer model fixes" option accordingly before importing the "drs" models, or the rigging will be broken (it checks the "p1" and "p2" prefixes, and Rei and Akari have two extra bones compared to Florian and Juliana, so it'll try applying rigging to the wrong bones otherwise).

(11-21-2022, 03:10 PM)YeraySL Wrote: Thanks for this update, i wanted to get trainers shape keys so bad Cry

Thanks for your work ^^
Yep, went and added that to the first post now!

I can try to explain the shapekeys / morphs a bit better later, but the important thing for those is that single-mesh vertex group morphs are stored as absolute positions immediately after the first (default) set, and the face groups store only the bare minimum necessary -- used vertex IDs (the "0th" set as I've dubbed it, there's one extra for the morphs count just for that purpose) and delta positions (original + difference = final position, in other words), and the names of which are stored in the TRMSH. The player trainers also apparently have additional morphs in the TRLTT file which I'm going to have to look into later.

(11-20-2022, 06:48 PM)pokefunny123945 Wrote: Does SV use custom model normals? I'm noticing hard polygons on the face, also is it possible to make the facebase on morphs have the same name as their respective part? for example m2 on the face base mesh model is under _face_ while it should be _eyelash_ I can do it manually of course but would be good to have the normals and morphs matching
It's probably one of the other parts of the vertex buffer that determines that (I've never really done much research into how binormals or tangents work, for example). And to answer your second question, unless I hardcode replacement names for it, it'll have to be manually done, as it's pulling those names directly from the files.

(11-21-2022, 10:14 PM)Verainium Wrote: Hi Newbie, I'm trying to download the SV-Trainers model pack from the thread and Windows keeps saying that there's a virus. Should I be worried about that?
Uh... There shouldn't be. It's just a bunch of assorted files, there are no executable files (infected or otherwise) included. That's the kind of thing I'd expect from Mediafire nowadays, not Mega...

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - DarkShinyGiratina - 11-21-2022

Hi! I've never done this before, how do you get the Pokemon models to load in with color (SV models, if it matters)? They load in just white for me. I tried using the Multitexture plugin and dragging the dds files to basic color map, but that only kind of worked. For Clodsire, for example, the bottom had color and the spikes did but the top was all black. Importing on Blender, I can't even seem to get the model at all, and I just get a bunch of dots that kind of make up the shape of the model, and I get an error saying PNGs aren't found. Do I need to convert the DDS files to PNGs to see the models on Blender?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm super new to this lol Tongue

(11-21-2022, 10:45 PM)DarkShinyGiratina Wrote: Hi! I've never done this before, how do you get the Pokemon models to load in with color (SV models, if it matters)? They load in just white for me. I tried using the Multitexture plugin and dragging the dds files to basic color map, but that only kind of worked. For Clodsire, for example, the bottom had color and the spikes did but the top was all black. Importing on Blender, I can't even seem to get the model at all, and I just get a bunch of dots that kind of make up the shape of the model, and I get an error saying PNGs aren't found. Do I need to convert the DDS files to PNGs to see the models on Blender?

For 3DS Max at least, it's silly and doesn't read DX10-based DDS files correctly, so yeah you'll need to convert those to PNG first before they'll show up textured. If you want something free that'll convert those in a jiffy, you can use Noesis to batch convert 'em. Just change the output path to:
Code:
$inpath$\$inname$.$outext$
for that to convert them into the same folder / same basenames as the DDS files, then 3DS Max will be able to preview 'em.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Verainium - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 09:10 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Uh... There shouldn't be. It's just a bunch of assorted files, there are no executable files (infected or otherwise) included. That's the kind of thing I'd expect from Mediafire nowadays, not Mega...

Yeah I just bit the bullet and downloaded it without the firewall, looks like there's no problem with that. For whatever reason, Windows just decided to flag it and kept auto deleting it unless I unzipped it.

[Image: q1.png]

Got Larry imported into Blender and most of his model mesh is there, except for his face. Is that normal?

Also does anyone know how to import the textures?

(11-21-2022, 10:54 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:45 PM)DarkShinyGiratina Wrote: Hi! I've never done this before, how do you get the Pokemon models to load in with color (SV models, if it matters)? They load in just white for me. I tried using the Multitexture plugin and dragging the dds files to basic color map, but that only kind of worked. For Clodsire, for example, the bottom had color and the spikes did but the top was all black. Importing on Blender, I can't even seem to get the model at all, and I just get a bunch of dots that kind of make up the shape of the model, and I get an error saying PNGs aren't found. Do I need to convert the DDS files to PNGs to see the models on Blender?

For 3DS Max at least, it's silly and doesn't read DX10-based DDS files correctly, so yeah you'll need to convert those to PNG first before they'll show up textured. If you want something free that'll convert those in a jiffy, you can use Noesis to batch convert 'em. Just change the output path to:
Code:
$inpath$\$inname$.$outext$
for that to convert them into the same folder / same basenames as the DDS files, then 3DS Max will be able to preview 'em.

Thanks, that worked! My cloddy boy is in full HD! My only question now is: is there a way to extract the dds files such that each pokemon has its own folder, with all the dds files inside? The way mine did it was each dds file has its own separate folder, and that makes it really annoying to find all the ones for a certain pokemon and collect them together to convert to PNG. Maybe there's a setting to use in quickBMS? If you know, that would be appreciated! Smile

(11-21-2022, 11:21 PM)DarkShinyGiratina Wrote: Thanks, that worked! My cloddy boy is in full HD! My only question now is: is there a way to extract the dds files such that each pokemon has its own folder, with all the dds files inside? The way mine did it was each dds file has its own separate folder, and that makes it really annoying to find all the ones for a certain pokemon and collect them together to convert to PNG. Maybe there's a setting to use in quickBMS? If you know, that would be appreciated! Smile
Yeah, there was a version the script that did so in the first post, but since it was very outdated I removed it earlier. It's easy enough to replicate, though. Go to line 227 in the script, and for this block of code:
Code:
get PATH basename
string PATH += /
getarray BRTISTART 0 i
string PATH += STRNAME

Delete or comment out the first two lines, and change the last "+=" to just "=".

Code:
# get PATH basename
# string PATH += /
getarray BRTISTART 0 i
string PATH = STRNAME

This will make the BNTX files extract to the same folder instead.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Sonoflunala - 11-21-2022

i did download the importer but its not showing on 3x3 blender and that's what happen even the other version I'm using as well

(11-21-2022, 11:36 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Yeah, there was a version the script that did so in the first post, but since it was very outdated I removed it earlier. It's easy enough to replicate, though. Go to line 227 in the script, and for this block of code:
Code:
get PATH basename
string PATH += /
getarray BRTISTART 0 i
string PATH += STRNAME

Delete or comment out the first two lines, and change the last "+=" to just "=".

Code:
# get PATH basename
# string PATH += /
getarray BRTISTART 0 i
string PATH = STRNAME

This will make the BNTX files extract to the same folder instead.

You, sir, are a legend. Thank you, that's great! Now I just need to go by number, instead of reaching into every folder individually! Can't wait to explore the models, lol

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - YeraySL - 11-22-2022

(11-21-2022, 10:56 PM)Verainium Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:10 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Uh... There shouldn't be. It's just a bunch of assorted files, there are no executable files (infected or otherwise) included. That's the kind of thing I'd expect from Mediafire nowadays, not Mega...

Yeah I just bit the bullet and downloaded it without the firewall, looks like there's no problem with that. For whatever reason, Windows just decided to flag it and kept auto deleting it unless I unzipped it.

[Image: q1.png]

Got Larry imported into Blender and most of his model mesh is there, except for his face. Is that normal?

Also does anyone know how to import the textures?

It dosnt supports Shapekeys right now, so if you want full trainer model use 3DS Max, the blender addon will import materials automatically as it should if anything : P
Also if textures exists in the folder will load them directly i recommend using PNG, since i saw the other day DDS dosnt works fine lets say (cause some formats)

(11-21-2022, 10:37 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

Thanks for your work ^^
Yep, went and added that to the first post now!

I can try to explain the shapekeys / morphs a bit better later, but the important thing for those is that single-mesh vertex group morphs are stored as absolute positions immediately after the first (default) set, and the face groups store only the bare minimum necessary -- used vertex IDs (the "0th" set as I've dubbed it, there's one extra for the morphs count just for that purpose) and delta positions (original + difference = final position, in other words), and the names of which are stored in the TRMSH. The player trainers also apparently have additional morphs in the TRLTT file which I'm going to have to look into later.

Thanks for adding it meanwhile to the post, and the problem I have currently with the morphs i did wrote most of your Morph part of 3ds max script (Since originally Scarlett/SomeKitten did all the work, at that time i only made the materials) into python for blender but I cant get to add them as shape keys inside blender and when i write the parts only throws some error that i cant understand at all, so any help with the addon anybody who wants to try will be amazing Cute cause my knowdlege inside blender python its really low (for not say in general) and since a lot of people its more accessible use blender (u know cause its free) maybe helping us eachother with what we can will be really good ^^

If someone wants to take a look here's a bit of what i rewrote into Python about morphs https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1029858452048187472/1044135472630349864/PokemonSwitch.py

and this is the error im getting in case someone knows how to manage this ;-;
    uv_layer.data[loop_idx].uv = uv_array[vert_idx]
ValueError: bpy_struct: item.attr = val: sequences of dimension 0 should contain 2 items, not 3.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - treeman14 - 11-22-2022

hey all! just popping by here for some help. i have practically everything ready to actually look at the models, 3ds max ready, trpfs data dumped into the many different files etc. thats my main issue though. i dont necessarily know HOW to turn the dumped files into something accessible. for instance i want to rip larry's model, im assuming i found the correct folder and location and all but all the files contained in the folder are just unreadable files with garbled text in them. i was wondering on how to go about making these openable. sorry if i didnt explain it the best lol, hope someones able to help!

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - hesidoabducido - 11-22-2022

(11-21-2022, 10:07 PM)YeraySL Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:48 PM)sectoid Wrote:

Thanks for your work ^^

File "Very Sad\Blender 3.3\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 92, in execute
  File "Very Sad\Blender 3.3\3.3\scripts\addons\PokemonSwitch.py", line 254, in from_trmdl

Hello YeraySL, thank you for your Blender plugin input! I was testing it today, but some errors pop up, and Blender is only loading the bone structure. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Sorry for being such a noob. Thank you!

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - sectoid - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 04:24 AM)hesidoabducido Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:07 PM)YeraySL Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:48 PM)sectoid Wrote: I can't import anything with it.

Hello YeraySL, thank you for your Blender plugin input! I was testing it today, but some errors pop up, and Blender is only loading the bone structure. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Sorry for being such a noob. Thank you!
Yes, this is happening to me as well. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I'm importing the tmdl directly from the downloaded archive, I've converted the textures to png, and it still says they're missing.
EDIT: Never mind, I found the solution: Use QuickBMS and convert all the textures to DDS, then extract them all into the base file's folder.