The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-19-2022

(11-19-2022, 02:41 PM)pokefunny123945 Wrote: RTB will upload it when he's done
Hopefully shouldn't be too much longer now, I've got morphs importing for the script, but not morph groups yet.

(EDIT: For additional context, parts of the trainers' faces are grouped into one of four categories -- mouth, left eye, right eye, and eyebrows. Individual parts only need one group's worth of morphs, while the faces themselves have one set per grouping, and I'm currently working on implementing that correctly while retaining their original morph names.)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Sonoflunala - 11-19-2022

(11-19-2022, 02:41 PM)pokefunny123945 Wrote: RTB will upload it when he's done

ok

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - BlanketSushi - 11-20-2022

Can't seem to get the files out of it properly.

[Image: CkfqY45.png]

And I still have no idea what to do with these, but if I put them in the ToolBox, they spit out textures.

[Image: E2i2Q9O.png]

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-20-2022

Guess what time it is?

Code:
Added support for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet.
https://mega.nz/file/XpYWzDBR#NGpeQsw6lbyhY06AOGcI8rkVwQ6D3aCmNswJRu9Y7Ns

Make sure you delete the original script before extracting this one, I changed the filename for it (I should've done so earlier when I added Arceus support, as it was no longer just GFBMDL).

Models for the Pokémon, trainers and common objects are in the same folder as the rest, as are the Pokémon's animation files (there's a good chunk of them that still have their original hashes instead of proper filenames as I couldn't figure them out at this time). While the animations may not be useful just yet, I'm certain someone can make a converter for those in the future. I'll be supplying the animations for the other three Switch games sometime in the next few months since I've finally gotten an understanding on how those are set up after spending way longer than I should've on this.

Now to get back to the stuff I should've been working on three months ago before my computer crapped out. Ouch!

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - BlanketSushi - 11-20-2022

(11-20-2022, 12:59 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Guess what time it is?

Code:
https://mega.nz/file/rgQHEZKS#znprVKeRxQqSa_wGd3qRZEKxsSGyWzZR__n7uE5WshU

Make sure you delete the original script before extracting this one, I changed the filename for it (I should've done so earlier when I added Arceus support, as it was no longer just GFBMDL).

Models for the Pokémon, trainers and common objects are in the same folder as the rest, as are the Pokémon's animation files (there's a good chunk of them that still have their original hashes instead of proper filenames as I couldn't figure them out at this time). While the animations may not be useful just yet, I'm certain someone can make a converter for those in the future. I'll be supplying the animations for the other three Switch games sometime in the next few months since I've finally gotten an understanding on how those are set up after spending way longer than I should've on this.

Now to get back to the stuff I should've been working on three months ago before my computer crapped out. Ouch!

Thank you so much!
I hope your three-month project goes well!  Big Grin

Edit: I hope the project you were working on three months ago goes well.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Amalgam Wildcard - 11-20-2022

Which program is needed to access the animation files for SV? I was able to extract the models and textures properly, but I don't see which program is needed for the animations

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - pokefunny123945 - 11-20-2022

Code:

Does SV use custom model normals? I'm noticing hard polygons on the face, also is it possible to make the facebase on morphs have the same name as their respective part? for example m2 on the face base mesh model is under _face_ while it should be _eyelash_ I can do it manually of course but would be good to have the normals and morphs matching

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Supergamingfan1 - 11-20-2022

Code:

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask, but I was wondering if I could get permission to port this script to blender. I feel like it would be useful for those who either prefer to work with blender, or cannot use 3DS Max for one reason or another.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Sonoflunala - 11-20-2022

(11-20-2022, 07:32 PM)Supergamingfan1 Wrote:

Code:

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask, but I was wondering if I could get permission to port this script to blender. I feel like it would be useful for those who either prefer to work with blender, or cannot use 3DS Max for one reason or another.

what program should i use to open it like switch toolbox or something else like it?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 11-20-2022

Has anyone extracted the animations for Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus for both Altered and Origin Formes from Pokémon Legends Arceus?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Amalgam Wildcard - 11-20-2022

(11-20-2022, 08:14 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Has anyone extracted the animations for Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus for both Altered and Origin Formes from Pokémon Legends Arceus?

SV's been the first Switch game that I've seen Pokemon Switch animations pulled for (that's been PUBLICLY posted, at least. I know other people have successfully done it for SwSh and MAYBE PLA as well; They just haven't "shared with the class" haha). I just don't know what program to use to convert the SV animations to fbx/dae

Code:

"I'll be supplying the animations for the other three Switch games sometime in the next few months since I've finally gotten an understanding on how those are set up after spending way longer than I should've on this."

EPIC

I'm perfectly fine waiting a few more months! I'm just glad you figured it out and I'm PUMPED about it! Great job on this ENTIRE project, btw

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lady Ariel - 11-21-2022

Code:

How do I open this file to extract models from the game? I am trying to items and stuff. And I apologise in advance I totally forgot how to do much of this stuff after some health problems so I am a bit slow.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - sectoid - 11-21-2022

(11-20-2022, 07:32 PM)Supergamingfan1 Wrote: I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask, but I was wondering if I could get permission to port this script to blender. I feel like it would be useful for those who either prefer to work with blender, or cannot use 3DS Max for one reason or another.

Please do, it's next to impossible for me to even get the free trial for 3DS Max since I'm not a student.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - YeraySL - 11-21-2022

Thanks for this update, i wanted to get trainers shape keys so bad Cry

also wanted to tell that Scarlett/SomeKitten ported time ago your script to blender and i helped her with material part, so i wanted to ask if you could add the script to the list, it works pretty fine with Pokémon models from PLA and SV (Trainers at the moment only PLA) since some people prefer to use Blender rather than 3DSMax (literally sometimes 3ds max takes like 5 minutes to load something)

Here's the addon: https://github.com/ChicoEevee/Pokemon-Switch-V2-Model-Importer-Blender/ (only works for 3.3.x)

Also dont know if you are interested in help for try to get the blend shapes/Morphs/Shapekeys in blender, i've been trying to do it this night but literally i was failing haha, it was just that.

Thanks for your work ^^

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - crist0393 - 11-21-2022

So what's the order to import the player characters? I remember that with Legends Arceus you had to import the base first then the head and then the rest of the body. Is it the same with Scarlet and Violet?

Also, there are two bases, cc_base, and pc_base. Which one do we use?