The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - B1uelight - 06-14-2022

(05-31-2022, 10:52 PM)agnos Wrote: how can I get 3dsmax for free?is there another program to extract fbx from trmdl?

3ds Max has a free student edition.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Amalgam Wildcard - 06-16-2022

There's still no way to export the SwSh animations is there? I keep periodically checking back here to see if there's any updates xD

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 06-16-2022

(06-16-2022, 10:18 PM)Amalgam Wildcard Wrote: There's still no way to export the SwSh animations is there? I keep periodically checking back here to see if there's any updates xD

You need Switch Toolbox for that.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 06-17-2022

You can get the Pokémon HOME ABA Files here.

Note that I don't have all of the Pokémon ABA Files yet but I will get them ASAP. Some of the are missing forms.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13F2cEP6iHLS8UPPXZLAuSBsV5LWeKwA_?usp=sharing

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - agirl3003 - 06-19-2022

did anyone ever get the animations for eevee from let's go eevee?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - snowdream - 06-25-2022

I don't know if what I'm about to say is helpful or not, but here goes:

I've been determined to learn 3D the past month, with one of my goals being to get some of the Switch models that weren't already posted in the Sword/Shield or Arceus sections up and rigged all nice in Blender. Most of it was obviously easy enough, I guess. After I spent some time getting used to how Blender worked and learning what the heck a UV even was, I dumped the games and used the maxscript to get myself FBXes of the pokemon I wanted (thank you by the way). My 3D experience might only add up to being a month's worth of fiddling, but I am a programmer, so seeing that I needed to read the material information to manually set up some parameters myself wasn't much of a bother either. Open VSC's hex view, copy paste some floats, cool, everything's going great.

At least, it was until I realized that simply mixing the colors... well, didn't cut it.

Besides the alpha mask, any place the other colors connected basically looked screwed, with the color from the base layer appearing around basically everything. It was less noticeable in some areas than others (especially with the off-white that this model tends to use), but it's present everywhere, and makes the fur look hideous on this one, so I needed to fix it. At first I thought maybe there was something RTB did in the script which I was missing, but nah, it showed up in 3max too. I couldn't find anything by reading back through this thread a few dozen pages, and I guessed I wasn't gonna get a response by asking RTB about it directly, so I had to figure it out myself. Fun, considering I had no idea what was going on.

Blender's node editor still confuses me and makes me sad, so I needed to use regular old not-GLSL to actually do it. Sorry.

Basically, I mixed the colors twice. Once to sort of create a 'tint' underneath instead of just using a simple base color, and the second time mixing the colors normally. Is that the right way to do it? I dunno, but it looks good enough for me to be happy with it and move on to other things for now. Maybe someone who actually knows what technique was used will figure it out completely meantime.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - kasumi777 - 06-26-2022

Do anyone have the trainer room in pokemon arceus.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 07-02-2022

(06-25-2022, 09:53 PM)snowdream Wrote: I don't know if what I'm about to say is helpful or not, but here goes:

I've been determined to learn 3D the past month, with one of my goals being to get some of the Switch models that weren't already posted in the Sword/Shield or Arceus sections up and rigged all nice in Blender. Most of it was obviously easy enough, I guess. After I spent some time getting used to how Blender worked and learning what the heck a UV even was, I dumped the games and used the maxscript to get myself FBXes of the pokemon I wanted (thank you by the way). My 3D experience might only add up to being a month's worth of fiddling, but I am a programmer, so seeing that I needed to read the material information to manually set up some parameters myself wasn't much of a bother either. Open VSC's hex view, copy paste some floats, cool, everything's going great.

At least, it was until I realized that simply mixing the colors... well, didn't cut it.

Besides the alpha mask, any place the other colors connected basically looked screwed, with the color from the base layer appearing around basically everything. It was less noticeable in some areas than others (especially with the off-white that this model tends to use), but it's present everywhere, and makes the fur look hideous on this one, so I needed to fix it. At first I thought maybe there was something RTB did in the script which I was missing, but nah, it showed up in 3max too. I couldn't find anything by reading back through this thread a few dozen pages, and I guessed I wasn't gonna get a response by asking RTB about it directly, so I had to figure it out myself. Fun, considering I had no idea what was going on.

Blender's node editor still confuses me and makes me sad, so I needed to use regular old not-GLSL to actually do it. Sorry.

Basically, I mixed the colors twice. Once to sort of create a 'tint' underneath instead of just using a simple base color, and the second time mixing the colors normally. Is that the right way to do it? I dunno, but it looks good enough for me to be happy with it and move on to other things for now. Maybe someone who actually knows what technique was used will figure it out completely meantime.

Fairly sure you're heavily over-complicating this, when the fix is as simple as this: 
[Image: ShXJ6Fm.png]

because when i connect the main texture to it, it shows the gaps in colors:
[Image: 3Out2Ec.png]

Now, i won't claim i know code (because i don't) but what you're doing seems like it's terribly complicated with a simple fix of: 'Just disconnect the main body texture.'

EDIT: Though, could i see the nodes inside the groupnode you have there? i wanna see what you're doing in there.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 07-02-2022

(06-25-2022, 09:53 PM)snowdream Wrote: I don't know if what I'm about to say is helpful or not, but here goes:

Are you making a Blender Script?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Gugyugubah - 07-03-2022

Is there any way to import the XY amie/SM running animations in Blender?

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 11:51 AM)Gugyugubah Wrote: Is there any way to import the XY amie/SM running animations in Blender?

You need to use Ohana3DS to export them as SMD and a SMD plug-in for Blender to import them.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - BlastoiseTheVGRipper - 07-03-2022

Hey, should the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon spinoffs be added on the page?

I got to ripping them now, but I know how to rip them. But for the people checking out the page, they likely don't.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon: unFARC (needed to extract the files) and SPICA (Model Ripper)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX: AssetStudio

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 06:24 PM)Nidoking Wrote: Hey, should the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon spinoffs be added on the page?

I got to ripping them now, but I know how to rip them. But for the people checking out the page, they likely don't.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon: unFARC (needed to extract the files) and SPICA (Model Ripper)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX: AssetStudio

Yes they should and they should add Pokémon HOME as well.

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - stormygaret15 - 07-18-2022

Hi, sorry for breaking the discussion but my hisuian pokemon rips from pokemon home has been approved. I have included animations in the fbx. Just a heads up  Wink Also I want to thank barncastle for figuring out the encryption files. 
#058 Hisuian Growlithe
#058 Hisuian Growlithe
#059 Hisuian Arcanine
#059 Hisuian Arcanine
#157 Hisuian Typlosion
#157 Hisuian Typlosion
#503 Hisuian Samurott
#503 Hisuian Samurott
570 Hisuian Zorua
570 Hisuian Zorua
#571 Hisuian Zoroark
#571 Hisuian Zoroark
#628 Hisuian Braviary
#628 Hisuian Braviary
#706 Hisuian Goodra
#706 Hisuian Goodra
#724 Hisuian Decidueye
#724 Hisuian Decidueye
#899 Wyrdeer
#899 Wyrdeer
#900 Kleavor
#900 Kleavor
#902 Basculegion (Male)
#902 Basculegion (Male)
#903 Sneasler
#903 Sneasler

RE: Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 07-19-2022

(07-18-2022, 11:28 PM)stormygaret15 Wrote: Hi, sorry for breaking the discussion but my hisuian pokemon rips from pokemon home has been approved. I have included animations in the fbx. Just a heads up  Wink Also I want to thank barncastle for figuring out the encryption files. 
[*snip*, keep down the clutter by not quoting the submission icons repeatedly, please. -- RTB]

That’s awesome but would you like for me to update the icons for those?