The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 02:27 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 02:11 PM)F0x06 Wrote: Hi guys! I'd like to share with you my reasoning to overcome the .gfbanm problem. Maybe it could be helpful for people like me who wants to put hands on PLA animations. I'd like to state that i'm a developer, but i know nothing about ripping, so my attempt could seem pretty clamsy.

Basically, i tried to reverse engineer the process behind the .gfbanm exporting process.

I created a Resources folder (In SwitchToolbox Folder) containing the smd models i extracted with RandomTalkingBush TRMDL Importer MaxScript; i wanted to use them just for their skeletons.

I modified the code to get the active skeleton of a STSkeletonAnimation, loading the skeleton of the smd model i extracted previously rather than using gfbmdl, which, for now, it's not supported by Switch Toolbox. 

This is an extract of the animation i exported. It seems to be in a correct format, it has the correct number of frames too, but it's broken. 

Do you have any idea about where the problem is? 
Thanks in advance!
How did you get the Legends Arceus models loaded in the Switch Toolbox?
I didn't. Apparently .gfbanm files from PLA are supported, but they need a model to be exported. I "bypassed" the problem by loading the skeleton from the smd model previously imported in 3ds Max with a script made by RandomTalkingBush. KillzXGaming, a SwitchToolbox developer, said that the animation is wrong because i provided to the program the skeleton without model. 

"You need the parenting structure of the bones. The -1 part hence why a model is required"

Any idea?

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 04:21 PM)F0x06 Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 02:27 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 02:11 PM)F0x06 Wrote: Hi guys! I'd like to share with you my reasoning to overcome the .gfbanm problem. Maybe it could be helpful for people like me who wants to put hands on PLA animations. I'd like to state that i'm a developer, but i know nothing about ripping, so my attempt could seem pretty clamsy.

Basically, i tried to reverse engineer the process behind the .gfbanm exporting process.

I created a Resources folder (In SwitchToolbox Folder) containing the smd models i extracted with RandomTalkingBush TRMDL Importer MaxScript; i wanted to use them just for their skeletons.

I modified the code to get the active skeleton of a STSkeletonAnimation, loading the skeleton of the smd model i extracted previously rather than using gfbmdl, which, for now, it's not supported by Switch Toolbox. 

This is an extract of the animation i exported. It seems to be in a correct format, it has the correct number of frames too, but it's broken. 

Do you have any idea about where the problem is? 
Thanks in advance!
How did you get the Legends Arceus models loaded in the Switch Toolbox?
I didn't. Apparently .gfbanm files from PLA are supported, but they need a model to be exported. I "bypassed" the problem by loading the skeleton from the smd model previously imported in 3ds Max with a script made by RandomTalkingBush. KillzXGaming, a SwitchToolbox developer, said that the animation is wrong because i provided to the program the skeleton without model. 

"You need the parenting structure of the bones. The -1 part hence why a model is required"

Any idea?

I wish there was a way to add support for it.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 04-28-2022

Ok, it seems i'm getting closer to a solution! I tried a new trick to export PLA animations. 
I loaded a SwSh .gfbmdl, which is supported by SwitchToolbox, and i replaced the model with Hisuian Arcanine. 
Then i loaded the original Hisuian Arcanine's .gfpak, and played animations. Now the model is moving, and some movements seems correct, but... 

i guess that this problem is due to different model scale. Any idea about how to solve?

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 04-28-2022

Ok, apparently i did it! I downscaled the model to see if the animations fit correctly, and voilà! the animations need a little restoration, but it's better than nothing! 

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Xathonn - 04-28-2022

(01-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:16 PM)New3DsSuchti Wrote: The new models are great, but have fun with the textures tho since they are all white and you most likely have to paint them by hand...
Thankfully my script sets up the material colours for those automatically.
*image*
How do I get the script to automatically color the textures? I've tried converting them to dds then to png before running the script but the textures still end up being all white.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 04-29-2022

(04-28-2022, 08:09 PM)Xathonn Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:16 PM)New3DsSuchti Wrote: The new models are great, but have fun with the textures tho since they are all white and you most likely have to paint them by hand...
*image*
How do I get the script to automatically color the textures? I've tried converting them to dds then to png before running the script but the textures still end up being all white.

I wondered the same thing. But i guess the script it's not made to color the textures... reading the code i figured out that it only changes the color of the materials. In addition to that, I don't know why, it doesn't even work in my case. I don't know how to inform RandomTalkingBush about this, since he doesn't seem to be active on this thread, or on his Twitter account...

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 04-29-2022

*image*

(04-29-2022, 05:40 AM)F0x06 Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Thankfully my script sets up the material colours for those automatically.
*image*

I wondered the same thing. But i guess the script it's not made to color the textures... reading the code i figured out that it only changes the color of the materials. In addition to that, I don't know why, it doesn't even work in my case. I don't know how to inform RandomTalkingBush about this, since he doesn't seem to be active on this thread, or on his Twitter account...

ohboy.

Okay. So. The Script that RTB used was a custom script that auto-colored everything for them. We don't have access to those scripts because they haven't shared them. What you can do is recreate it in blender, since what the Legends:Arceus models use is something i like to call 'Color Assignment'. Color Assignment is where the colors are decided by the game engine upon running- where the textures don't have a set color, but instead use an ID/Color Assignment Map, which is the RGB/A texture (named LYM in L:A files).

I have a tutorial that I created some time back that goes over this, https://youtu.be/Ewy5w3Nj_NA , so you can watch that and learn how to set it all up in Blender, which, if possible since i don't know 3ds max, you can set it up in 3ds Max after.

And if you want the actual colors of the models, then it's either a guessing game, or you somehow manage to extract the exact colors from one of the other files in the extracts, since those are stored in there. (i believe the files are the .trmtr that the color's stored in). So if you crack that code, feel free to share the info here.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Xathonn - 04-29-2022

(04-29-2022, 08:37 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Thankfully my script sets up the material colours for those automatically.
*image*

(04-29-2022, 05:40 AM)F0x06 Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 08:09 PM)Xathonn Wrote: How do I get the script to automatically color the textures? I've tried converting them to dds then to png before running the script but the textures still end up being all white.

ohboy.

Okay. So. The Script that RTB used was a custom script that auto-colored everything for them. We don't have access to those scripts because they haven't shared them. What you can do is recreate it in blender, since what the Legends:Arceus models use is something i like to call 'Color Assignment'. Color Assignment is where the colors are decided by the game engine upon running- where the textures don't have a set color, but instead use an ID/Color Assignment Map, which is the RGB/A texture (named LYM in L:A files).

I have a tutorial that I created some time back that goes over this, https://youtu.be/Ewy5w3Nj_NA , so you can watch that and learn how to set it all up in Blender, which, if possible since i don't know 3ds max, you can set it up in 3ds Max after.

And if you want the actual colors of the models, then it's either a guessing game, or you somehow manage to extract the exact colors from one of the other files in the extracts, since those are stored in there. (i believe the files are the .trmtr that the color's stored in). So if you crack that code, feel free to share the info here.
 The blender shaders to fix the color would only work in blender I heard correct? Or is there a way to export the correct colored ones as an image texture for use in Unity and stuff like that?

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 04-29-2022

(04-29-2022, 12:25 PM)Xathonn Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 08:37 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 08:09 PM)Xathonn Wrote: How do I get the script to automatically color the textures? I've tried converting them to dds then to png before running the script but the textures still end up being all white.

(04-29-2022, 05:40 AM)F0x06 Wrote: I wondered the same thing. But i guess the script it's not made to color the textures... reading the code i figured out that it only changes the color of the materials. In addition to that, I don't know why, it doesn't even work in my case. I don't know how to inform RandomTalkingBush about this, since he doesn't seem to be active on this thread, or on his Twitter account...

ohboy.

The blender shaders to fix the color would only work in blender I heard correct? Or is there a way to export the correct colored ones as an image texture for use in Unity and stuff like that?

You can indeed export the fully-colored texture by a method called 'Baking'. I don't have a tutorial for that, and most of the tutorials I've seen typically don't do it in the way I like to do it.

The way I do it, I attach the input that goes into the Principled BDSF into the Material output, and bake out by Emit with 5px, with Render Samples at 1 (so it goes by faster).
Example:

[Image: 15f28jS.png]

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 04-30-2022

(04-29-2022, 06:57 PM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 08:37 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote: ohboy.

You can indeed export the fully-colored texture by a method called 'Baking'. I don't have a tutorial for that, and most of the tutorials I've seen typically don't do it in the way I like to do it.

The way I do it, I attach the input that goes into the Principled BDSF into the Material output, and bake out by Emit with 5px, with Render Samples at 1 (so it goes by faster).
Example:

*image*
The tutorial isn't so simple for who doesn't know how to handle shading in blender. Could you send in DM some textures you converted, since you cant upload them? Thanks in advance!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 04:01 AM)F0x06 Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 12:25 PM)Xathonn Wrote:  The blender shaders to fix the color would only work in blender I heard correct? Or is there a way to export the correct colored ones as an image texture for use in Unity and stuff like that?

Example:

*image*
The tutorial isn't so simple for who doesn't know how to handle shading in blender. Could you send in DM some textures you converted, since you cant upload them? Thanks in advance!

the tutorial literally outlines how to do things to make it work- but it doesn't show the baking part- that's in my message above. And another note is that I don't have baked textures- i only have the converted textures that came from BNTX and then from DDS.

it's more of a 'follow what i do' tutorial, where you have to pay attention to stuff that's on the screen.

(04-30-2022, 11:02 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 04:01 AM)F0x06 Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 06:57 PM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote: You can indeed export the fully-colored texture by a method called 'Baking'. I don't have a tutorial for that, and most of the tutorials I've seen typically don't do it in the way I like to do it.

Example:

*image*

the tutorial literally outlines how to do things to make it work- but it doesn't show the baking part- that's in my message above. And another note is that I don't have baked textures- i only have the converted textures that came from BNTX and then from DDS.

it's more of a 'follow what i do' tutorial, where you have to pay attention to stuff that's on the screen.

In fact I did what you said in the tutorial (thanks by the way, it's very useful), but there is a strange problem i don't know how to solve. 

As you can see Cycles rendering looks different from Eevee rendering, and since Blender allows you to bake only in Cycles, baked textures are wrong... Any suggestions? I'm stuck with this Sad

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 11:22 AM)F0x06 Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 11:02 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 04:01 AM)F0x06 Wrote: The tutorial isn't so simple for who doesn't know how to handle shading in blender. Could you send in DM some textures you converted, since you cant upload them? Thanks in advance!

In fact I did what you said in the tutorial (thanks by the way, it's very useful), but there is a strange problem i don't know how to solve. 

As you can see Cycles rendering looks different from Eevee rendering, and since Blender allows you to bake only in Cycles, baked textures are wrong... Any suggestions? I'm stuck with this Sad

that's because of how the textures do stuff. set the LYM's Color Space to Raw and that should fix it.

(04-30-2022, 11:30 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 11:22 AM)F0x06 Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 11:02 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote: the tutorial literally outlines how to do things to make it work- but it doesn't show the baking part- that's in my message above. And another note is that I don't have baked textures- i only have the converted textures that came from BNTX and then from DDS.

that's because of how the textures do stuff. set the LYM's Color Space to Raw and that should fix it.

You have no idea how you saved my day... Thanks!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Xathonn - 04-30-2022

(04-29-2022, 08:37 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote: ohboy.

Example:

*image*

Thank you! I will follow the tutorial again, got mostly through it but had to do something else. Will finish that up and figure out baking.