The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 02-22-2022

(02-22-2022, 04:26 PM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 01:28 PM)crist0393 Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 08:57 AM)Zero-Chan Wrote:
Code:
\RomFS\bin\archive\field\ride_pokemon.gfpak

Is it in the files that are uploaded in MEGA? I can't find it in the files I already downloaded.

Don't think so. The stuff in the MEGA is pre-extracted raw files, so to get what you're wanting, you'll need to get the game files themselves somewhere and extract the models from there.
No need for that, I've added those to the folder now.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - crist0393 - 02-22-2022

(02-22-2022, 04:51 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 01:28 PM)crist0393 Wrote: Is it in the files that are uploaded in MEGA? I can't find it in the files I already downloaded.

Don't think so. The stuff in the MEGA is pre-extracted raw files, so to get what you're wanting, you'll need to get the game files themselves somewhere and extract the models from there.

Thanks

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - imthemonkey - 02-22-2022

(02-22-2022, 04:51 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 01:28 PM)crist0393 Wrote: Is it in the files that are uploaded in MEGA? I can't find it in the files I already downloaded.

Excuse me do you know why Ohana3ds and SPICA give me "Denied Access to Path" when i try to open any of the BINs

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - BlastoiseTheVGRipper - 02-23-2022

I have a question, so since I don't have much time to model rip for Rescue Team DX because of school. Resulting in a small amount of rips being done for me. Am I allowed to share the .ab files for the rest of the models in a zip file (Since I have the files extracted already via Yuzu) and share it here? So that more people can help out?

The only differences I seen with DX's low-poly models are the slightly different poly counts (DX's Low-Poly models have like 4-5 polygons more than the Super Mystery Dungeon models) and the higher resolution textures. So maybe those can be ripped too, idk.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - BlastoiseTheVGRipper - 02-23-2022

For anyone who wants to help me out for the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX models
Here is all of the Low-Poly models for this game in a .ab format in a zip folder. (The ones I ripped so far is Machop, Psyduck, Cubone, Eevee, and Skitty)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxRY21PYevH2NDQHFwdsTYK5efjgzarW/view

You will need AssetStudio for this, the guide for the models is included in the zip file as well.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Alexand19 - 02-26-2022

(01-27-2022, 08:52 PM)Zero-Chan Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:16 PM)New3DsSuchti Wrote: The new models are great, but have fun with the textures tho since they are all white and you most likely have to paint them by hand...
Thankfully my script sets up the material colours for those automatically.
[Image: Wg1UqiZ.png]

Oh that's awesome!
I do got the values for the colors from the .trmtr file I think it was called, but the colors where all way too dark and sometimes not even right, so i used the lym to color it myself.

What about the gfpak's tho?
Did ya got a script for those too or do you used toolbox without the hashes?

Hey, you are the only post I have found who has talked about the .trmtr files and what they do. Do you know if there is any way to edit them?
I am trying to specifically edit the shiny textures, but since the actual texture files are blank, if i edit them directly it would affect the nonshiny model as well.
I assume the shiny color values are in "pm00##_00_00_rare.trmtr" so I was hoping to edit them from there.

Thank you so much~

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 02:28 PM)Alexand19 Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Thankfully my script sets up the material colours for those automatically.

Oh that's awesome!
I do got the values for the colors from the .trmtr file I think it was called, but the colors where all way too dark and sometimes not even right, so i used the lym to color it myself.

Hey, you are the only post I have found who has talked about the .trmtr files and what they do. Do you know if there is any way to edit them?
I am trying to specifically edit the shiny textures, but since the actual texture files are blank, if i edit them directly it would affect the nonshiny model as well.
I assume the shiny color values are in "pm00##_00_00_rare.trmtr" so I was hoping to edit them from there.

Thank you so much~

Oh, I have a tutorial that actually explains how to shade and color the Legends Arceus models, since they don't use the normal baked color diffuse, and instead use a method i call 'Color Assignment' to get the colors onto the model. Here's the link:
https://youtu.be/Ewy5w3Nj_NA

You'll have to manually color the model using the Color Assignment method, but it also gives you a lot of freedom in what other colors they can use, meaning they can not only use the normal colors, but any other color- meaning that a Hisuian Zorark can be green and blue instead of white and red.

I don't use the trmtr file, since i'm not a ripper or a coder, but the method i showed above works just as well, and even gives you full control over the colors.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Alexand19 - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 03:00 PM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:52 PM)Zero-Chan Wrote: Oh that's awesome!

Thank you so much~

Oh, I have a tutorial that actually explains how to shade and color the Legends Arceus models, since they don't use the normal baked color diffuse, and instead use a method i call 'Color Assignment' to get the colors onto the model. Here's the link:

You'll have to manually color the model using the Color Assignment method, but it also gives you a lot of freedom in what other colors they can use, meaning they can not only use the normal colors, but any other color- meaning that a Hisuian Zorark can be green and blue instead of white and red.

I don't use the trmtr file, since i'm not a ripper or a coder, but the method i showed above works just as well, and even gives you full control over the colors.

Yes!! I have actually been watching and taking notes on your video because its super informative!
And I got the idea of recoloring the model, but after i have my "desired shiny texture" on blender, i don't really know what to do next. 
Would I export the colored 3D model? or the texture file as an image?

Because since the game uses the .trmtr files to separate between the regular and shiny versions, I would end up with both the "normal" and "shiny" versions looking the same if i directly change the texture image.

Like, my idea is for the normal models to have their regular colors. I am just trying to change the textures of their shiny versions.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 03:24 PM)Alexand19 Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 03:00 PM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 02:28 PM)Alexand19 Wrote: Hey, you are the only post I have found who has talked about the .trmtr files and what they do. Do you know if there is any way to edit them?

Thank you so much~

Yes!! I have actually been watching and taking notes on your video because its super informative!
And I got the idea of recoloring the model, but after i have my "desired shiny texture" on blender, i don't really know what to do next. 
Would I export the colored 3D model? or the texture file as an image?

Because since the game uses the .trmtr files to separate between the regular and shiny versions, I would end up with both the "normal" and "shiny" versions looking the same if i directly change the texture image.

Like, my idea is for the normal models to have their regular colors. I am just trying to change the textures of their shiny versions.

Well, 'what to do next' really depends on you. and you can use blender to bake out the Color as a diffuse texture, so that you can have a shiny version of the model as a texture instead of using the color assignment- same with the regular colors. (and exporting the colored 3d model wouldn't work since blender nodes don't get carried over through FBX files, meaning you'd lose stuff, and would have to redo it all)

Yeah, baking the textures out would allow you to do that, bake out a diffuse with the shiny colors, and then again with the normal colors. alternatively, you could duplicate the nodes and then add in a mixRGB node that has the two color assignment nodes in it and make it a switch between the two- but that'd only work in blender, and on one model. And another alternative would be to just make a second material that has shiny colors while the other has regular colors.

There's multiple ways to do it.

The model is all the same. it's just one model, only the colors change, and i outlined several ways on how you could do it above, so it's all up to you and how you want to do it.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 02-27-2022

In hindsight, making a way more thorough importer for Legends: Arceus was a great idea considering how soon Generation 9's going to be releasing. I'd be surprised if the models in Scarlet/Violet weren't using the TRMDL format.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - BlastoiseTheVGRipper - 02-27-2022

(02-27-2022, 11:21 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: In hindsight, making a way more thorough importer for Legends: Arceus was a great idea considering how soon Generation 9's going to be releasing. I'd be surprised if the models in Scarlet/Violet weren't using the TRMDL format.

Wait they are already making a Generation 9 game?
Legends Arceus was already released like a month ago, and they are already announcing a new game.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-27-2022

(02-27-2022, 11:54 AM)Nidoking Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 11:21 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: In hindsight, making a way more thorough importer for Legends: Arceus was a great idea considering how soon Generation 9's going to be releasing. I'd be surprised if the models in Scarlet/Violet weren't using the TRMDL format.

Wait they are already making a Generation 9 game?
Legends Arceus was already released like a month ago, and they are already announcing a new game.

Mhm; they released it just a few hours ago, and it looks to be in the same format as Legends: Arceus is in. Said it was releasing sometime later this year.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - MistaZelf - 02-27-2022

Hey everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well, I had a question. Is there any news on exporting animations from PL:A? Haven't seen much on it!!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - BlastoiseTheVGRipper - 02-28-2022

(01-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Thankfully my script sets up the material colours for those automatically.

Oh that's awesome!

Thank you so much~

The textures look a bit pixelated.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 02-28-2022

(02-28-2022, 09:04 AM)Nidoking Wrote: The textures look a bit pixelated.
I intentionally have my texture filtering disabled in 3DS Max so that I can judge texture resolution and spot things like UV mapping seams more easily.