The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - waielal - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 03:23 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 03:05 PM)waielal Wrote: It's the first time working with github on a project and be more active in a community for me. I'm pretty insecure of what I am allowed to do or not.

I will do a pull request in a couple minutes. Smile
If it hasn't been done already, could you also apply the RGBA4 texture fix, too?

Okay, I don't know why, but I had way to much trouble creating a pull request  Shy Sweatdrop  
But I successfully created the pull request, waiting to be merged Smile Thumbs Up

Edit:
@RTB: 
I added the RGBA4 fix and I also fixed the NaN problem when exporting SMD animation. 
But the animation export is still not complete. SMD (and many other formats) does not support and export scale animations, so we have to create a custom file format at some point.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Yunpol - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 04:21 PM)waielal Wrote: Okay, I don't know why, but I had way to much trouble creating a pull request  Shy Sweatdrop  
But I successfully created the pull request, waiting to be merged Smile Thumbs Up

You're doing god's work, man. I hope this pull request of yours gets merged successfully.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - pokemonfan91 - 12-06-2016

Hey guys! I'm new to this pokemon modding stuff, This thread is really helpful, very resourcesful, I tested using ohana and Garctool and they work perfectly, but I'm a noob in this sort of area, I don't think this is the right thread for my next question but I don't really know where to start... Perhaps some of you may have an idea... I want to know how to change NPC pokemon, not just mod or texture but the pokemon they'll have. For example, changing Elite 4 olivia pokemons to charizard, blastoise, etc. Sorry for being a noob Sad

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - DecaTilde - 12-06-2016

Nearly two years ago, I asked a question on what to do in Blender with texture masking. But sadly, I didn't get an answer then. Hopefully, I can get one this time.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Yunpol - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 05:12 PM)LDEJRuff Wrote: Nearly two years ago, I asked a question on what to do in Blender with texture masking. But sadly, I didn't get an answer then. Hopefully, I can get one this time.

I encounter a similar problem like your problem myself a few months ago. I managed to fix the issue with the help of others by merging the iris texture with the eye texture itself using an image editing program through I am not too sure if that's the solution you want.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - magikstar - 12-06-2016

I hate repeating the same question another time but does anyone know how to do the starry effect on Sogaleo and Lunala?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Chaze - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 04:21 PM)waielal Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 03:23 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 03:05 PM)waielal Wrote: It's the first time working with github on a project and be more active in a community for me. I'm pretty insecure of what I am allowed to do or not.

I will do a pull request in a couple minutes. Smile
If it hasn't been done already, could you also apply the RGBA4 texture fix, too?

Okay, I don't know why, but I had way to much trouble creating a pull request  Shy Sweatdrop  

Edit:
@RTB: 
I added the RGBA4 fix and I also fixed the NaN problem when exporting SMD animation. 
But the animation export is still not complete. SMD (and many other formats) does not support and export scale animations, so we have to create a custom file format at some point.

Your pull request already accepted and you just did what I needed. Thank you, so cool I don't need to import all the files one-by-one.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 12-06-2016

Is there any way to get texture animations to work in Ohana, or is that something we'll be waiting on for a while

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 12-06-2016

The Ohana3DS link in the first post has been replaced with the updated version now. Thanks, waielal! Smile

(12-06-2016, 05:34 PM)magikstar Wrote: I hate repeating the same question another time but does anyone know how to do the starry effect on Sogaleo and Lunala?
I actually answered that (well, kinda) on the Lunala model page when you asked it there, but I'll post it again here:
Random Talking Bush Wrote:For the starry face effect, I just basically threw together a bunch of material parameters using the "BodyEMask" textures, and then a fresnel layer on top of all that. It's nowhere near accurate of course, but it gets the job done for the render.
Sorry I don't have a more concrete answer for that at the moment.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - magikstar - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 06:31 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: The Ohana3DS link in the first post has been replaced with the updated version now. Thanks, waielal! Smile

(12-06-2016, 05:34 PM)magikstar Wrote: I hate repeating the same question another time but does anyone know how to do the starry effect on Sogaleo and Lunala?
I actually answered that (well, kinda) on the Lunala model page when you asked it there, but I'll post it again here:
Random Talking Bush Wrote:For the starry face effect, I just basically threw together a bunch of material parameters using the "BodyEMask" textures, and then a fresnel layer on top of all that. It's nowhere near accurate of course, but it gets the job done for the render.
Sorry I don't have a more concrete answer for that at the moment.
Thank you! I didn't notice the reply on the Lunala page.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 12-06-2016

Ugh, okay, this is driving me crazy. I want to rip the default male player, as seen in official art. I can't get the bodies or faces, or even palettes to load at all. Can someone get him for me at this point? I've been trying for days.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - pokemonfan91 - 12-07-2016

I have trouble importing the tga files I edited back to ohana3ds... Did I do something wrong? I export the texture from ohana3ds as TGA and edit in photoshop and save as tga 32 bits. ohana don't allow me to import the texture I edited, Do I have to convert it to bin file first? If so how? I'm a noob in this I don't really know how to convert tga to .bin or is there even such a thing exist?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 12-07-2016

p1_face01mouth_off.bin, p1_face01mouth_on.bin, and pretty much everything in the 'misc' folder refuses to load, saying unknown file format, even with the latest Ohana3ds build given in the first post.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 12-07-2016

(12-07-2016, 03:29 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: p1_face01mouth_off.bin, p1_face01mouth_on.bin, and pretty much everything in the 'misc' folder refuses to load, saying unknown file format, even with the latest Ohana3ds build given in the first post.
Don't know why the first two won't load yet, but the reason why the rest don't work is probably because none of 'em are models, and they may use an unsupported animation format or something.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - magikstar - 12-07-2016

When i try and open the face files of the player that were provided, it says that the file is not a supported file format. Is there a way to fix it?