The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-24-2016

(11-23-2016, 03:58 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: All right I've located the Protagonist battle models. As expected they're all in pieces due to customization possibilities. However, the 'body' models fail to load in the posted modified Ohana3DS. I've got the male right here just in case anyone wants to have a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa2c0agp6miskqj/BodyPro.zip?dl=0

Just wanted to make sure this was seen, as it's vital to get these parts to assemble the player battle models.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 12:27 AM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Isn't getting the ROM illegal?

Maybe? I don't know about all the legalities.
But I think owning the game and then downloading it again makes it not count as illegal. or something?
Either way I don't see it as a big deal if you only use the ROM to get models and not for playing.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - MundMs - 11-24-2016

Please someoe can tell me how I can get the textures to work in Autodesk Maya without fiddling around with every model? :/
I did an OBJ of Bulbasaur and then imported into Maya, but the UVs seem off.

Is there something I am missing?

thanks a lot!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 05:06 AM)MundMs Wrote: Please someoe can tell me how I can get the textures to work in Autodesk Maya without fiddling around with every model? :/

thanks a lot!

This problem was brought up earlier in the thread.
The game scales the UV's horizontally by 2 and mirrors the texture in game.
You will need to do something for each model for it to work.

You will either need too;
  • Mirror the texture externally in a image editing software.
  • Scale the UV's by horizontally by 2 and set up the texture to mirror like the games in the 3D software. I think Maya can do this.
  • Select every UV value that is over the center point (U > 0.5) and scale it from the center by -1, making both sides be on top of each other. Then scale it all from the left most side by 2.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - MundMs - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 09:01 AM)fridge225 Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 05:06 AM)MundMs Wrote: Please someoe can tell me how I can get the textures to work in Autodesk Maya without fiddling around with every model? :/

thanks a lot!

This problem was brought up earlier in the thread.
The game scales the UV's horizontally by 2 and mirrors the texture in game.
You will need to do something for each model for it to work.

You will either need too;
  • Mirror the texture externally in a image editing software.
  • Scale the UV's by horizontally by 2 and set up the texture to mirror like the games in the 3D software. I think Maya can do this.
  • Select every UV value that is over the center point (U > 0.5) and scale it from the center by -1, making both sides be on top of each other. Then scale it all from the left most side by 2.
 Thanks you so much!

Do you also happen to know, how I can import the animations into maya? I guess smd is not supported.
Also, where can I find the T-pose skelet?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Chaze - 11-24-2016

(11-22-2016, 03:14 PM)gdkchan Wrote: I've been working on a new tool to view/export and (at some point) import models from/to all the 3ds Pokémon model formats. It is already better than Ohana3DS in some parts (more accurate rendering, material animation support for Sun/Moon, more smooth animations, and other issues are fixed aswell).

This is an animation of Plumeria playing on it:
Since this is a lot of work to do, I would love some help from anyone with a bit of knowledge in programming/C#, stuff like a GUI and exporters/importes needs to be done etc. And I'm already losing the motivation to work on it (always happen when I work on a project for some time). So if anyone is willing to help, this is the repo: https://github.com/gdkchan/SPICA

Also sorry RTB if this isn't the right place for this, but I guess it's ok since the thread is about Pokémon model ripping and since everyone here wants to get the models ripped I guess its the best place to try getting contributors too!

Can I ask a question? Why you handcode all of the form both Ohana and SPICA instead using the VS built in form designer ?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - gdkchan - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 06:53 PM)Chaze Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 03:14 PM)gdkchan Wrote: I've been working on a new tool to view/export and (at some point) import models from/to all the 3ds Pokémon model formats. It is already better than Ohana3DS in some parts (more accurate rendering, material animation support for Sun/Moon, more smooth animations, and other issues are fixed aswell).

This is an animation of Plumeria playing on it:
Since this is a lot of work to do, I would love some help from anyone with a bit of knowledge in programming/C#, stuff like a GUI and exporters/importes needs to be done etc. And I'm already losing the motivation to work on it (always happen when I work on a project for some time). So if anyone is willing to help, this is the repo: https://github.com/gdkchan/SPICA

Also sorry RTB if this isn't the right place for this, but I guess it's ok since the thread is about Pokémon model ripping and since everyone here wants to get the models ripped I guess its the best place to try getting contributors too!

Can I ask a question? Why you handcode all of the form both Ohana and SPICA instead using the VS built in form designer ?

I do use the designer. If you're asking why I write custom controls its because I don't like the system default ones. I also don't like bright UI cause they get uncomfortable to look at after some time, so I prefer the dark ones.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-24-2016

Anyone figure out why the player battle model's bodies won't load in the posted build at all?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Chaofanatic - 11-25-2016

Does anyone have the high res battle model for the generic team skull grunts? I'd really appreciate it if someone could toss me it!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-25-2016

Hey RTB, how come there's no model in the Pokemon folder for "Cell" Zygarde? I can't find it anywhere else either.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-25-2016

(11-25-2016, 03:11 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Hey RTB, how come there's no model in the Pokemon folder for "Cell" Zygarde? I can't find it anywhere else either.
That's probably because there simply isn't a model for it. There's only the 10%, regular, Perfect, and two blank Zygardes in the game's files.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-25-2016

Oh...well that's weird? Does it not appear in-game at all? I was expecting it to show up at some point...Also wasn't the "Ash-Greninja" supposed to appear at some point as well?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Hallow - 11-26-2016

(11-25-2016, 09:32 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Oh...well that's weird? Does it not appear in-game at all? I was expecting it to show up at some point...Also wasn't the "Ash-Greninja" supposed to appear at some point as well?

It's a collectible in-game and is just a sprite, I wish it had a model it's pretty cute, and Ash-Greninja is only given to you in the demo and is transferable to the full game.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - CyanideNoodles - 11-26-2016

Do these have the animations as well?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - nobody231 - 11-26-2016

I've been trying to open the GARC files of this game, but GARCTool and GARC UnPacker don't work. I read that there's an updated GARC unpacker in previous pages, but I can't find it at all. Can anyone point me to the right place to look?