The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 07:22 PM)Carpaccio Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 04:09 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: See there's alternate maps for a 'BodyG' and a 'BodyC' there, but no diffuse maps. That's what's confusing me because these are obviously needed, when assembling the model and looking at the UV's.

I still can't figure out where the missing diffuse maps are.
Maybe there simply aren't any? If I had a way to check which polygon groups use which textures for UV layering (instead of only the one), I can verify which textures are indeed used for which materials, and see if that's correct or not.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - JerseyXS97 - 11-21-2016

Has anyone had any luck finding which folder(s) the overworld models for routes, buildings, etc.?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-21-2016

(11-20-2016, 10:00 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 07:22 PM)Carpaccio Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 04:09 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: See there's alternate maps for a 'BodyG' and a 'BodyC' there, but no diffuse maps. That's what's confusing me because these are obviously needed, when assembling the model and looking at the UV's.

I still can't figure out where the missing diffuse maps are.
Maybe there simply aren't any? If I had a way to check which polygon groups use which textures for UV layering (instead of only the one), I can verify which textures are indeed used for which materials, and see if that's correct or not.

I don't know why there wouldn't be any if there were alt maps for them...I've tried assembling the model with the alts and others, the alts line up but the only diffuse map doesn't.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - gdkchan - 11-22-2016

I've been working on a new tool to view/export and (at some point) import models from/to all the 3ds Pokémon model formats. It is already better than Ohana3DS in some parts (more accurate rendering, material animation support for Sun/Moon, more smooth animations, and other issues are fixed aswell).

This is an animation of Plumeria playing on it:
Since this is a lot of work to do, I would love some help from anyone with a bit of knowledge in programming/C#, stuff like a GUI and exporters/importes needs to be done etc. And I'm already losing the motivation to work on it (always happen when I work on a project for some time). So if anyone is willing to help, this is the repo: https://github.com/gdkchan/SPICA

Also sorry RTB if this isn't the right place for this, but I guess it's ok since the thread is about Pokémon model ripping and since everyone here wants to get the models ripped I guess its the best place to try getting contributors too!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - pbpbpb12 - 11-22-2016

So I've been trying to use the sun and moon files in ohana3DS, I've extracted the game files through homebrew and now they are on my desktop. I tried using GARCTool to edit the 0/0/4 file, but I realized that that file was tiny. So I checked and found 0/9/4. I tried to un/decompress it with GARCTool and it said SystemOutOfMemory as the error while listing some error code. I don't understand why it wwould say this as I have a solid 85 GB of disk space left. I can take it from there, I just don't know what to do.

Update: Just found a way to unpack the Garc, but I realize now I used the wrong GARC file, could someone lead me in the right direction. BTW This is for Pokemon Sun and Moon. The next file I'm trying is 0/8/2

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 10:31 PM)pbpbpb12 Wrote: So I've been trying to use the sun and moon files in ohana3DS, I've extracted the game files through homebrew and now they are on my desktop. I tried using GARCTool to edit the 0/0/4 file, but I realized that that file was tiny. So I checked and found 0/9/4. I tried to un/decompress it with GARCTool and it said SystemOutOfMemory as the error while listing some error code. I don't understand why it wwould say this as I have a solid 85 GB of disk space left. I can take it from there, I just don't know what to do.

Update: Just found a way to unpack the Garc, but I realize now I used the wrong GARC file, could someone lead me in the right direction. BTW This is for Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Make sure you're using the Sun and Moon Garc unpacker. Should be somewhere in the last few pages of the thread.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - pbpbpb12 - 11-22-2016

Update 2: I'm clueless now, both 0/9/4 and 0/8/2 have turned out to be a bunch of .bin and either .aaaa or .PCG files. If anybody knows what I'm doin wrong please tell me. These are the only two files I found that would be big enough to house the entire collection of pokemon models and textures.

Thanks you fridge, I was sooooo confused. Also sorry for posting that last one, my page hadn't updated with your post

Ok, so I used the Sun and moon GarcTool and it came up with the same files. I noticed that If I went to the container tab in Ohana3DS though, I could open certain .bin files. BTW I was using the 0/8/4 File. Could someone please tell me how I can edit the files in Ohana. I tried extracting the contents of the bin files in the garc file and then opening them in ohana but that didn't work. I might have an outdated version, but I can find a more updated working version.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - sorapapu - 11-23-2016

I really hope someone can extract Olivia, that'd be amazing!

Edit: Kiawe too please.

Fingers crossed these models are in dae format too, but I'm not fussy.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - MundMs - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 03:33 AM)sorapapu Wrote: I really hope someone can extract Olivia, that'd be amazing!

Edit: Kiawe too please.

Fingers crossed these models are in dae format too, but I'm not fussy.

You can open the model in Ohana and then export as DAE file.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - THElectrolith - 11-23-2016

Hello everyone. I had a question for those who started the project.. Is it still running? Are you still working on ripping the models? You are doing a great job, the models look really good Big Grin

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-23-2016

All right I've located the Protagonist battle models. As expected they're all in pieces due to customization possibilities. However, the 'body' models fail to load in the posted modified Ohana3DS. I've got the male right here just in case anyone wants to have a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa2c0agp6miskqj/BodyPro.zip?dl=0

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - sonic65101 - 11-23-2016

I'm new to this. How do I get the Pokemon Moon Version ROM off my 3DS's SD card and on to my computer so I can get at the files? And does anyone know if Lillie has a Battle Sprite?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 04:51 PM)sonic65101 Wrote: I'm new to this. How do I get the Pokemon Moon Version ROM off my 3DS's SD card and on to my computer so I can get at the files? And does anyone know if Lillie has a Battle Sprite?

Not sure about the transfer stuff, but I do know Lillie has a battle model. She has two, in fact, one with her hat and one without.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 04:51 PM)sonic65101 Wrote: I'm new to this. How do I get the Pokemon Moon Version ROM off my 3DS's SD card and on to my computer so I can get at the files? And does anyone know if Lillie has a Battle Sprite?

It is a lot easier to simply download a ROM online from somewhere. Just google it.
Getting it off your SD is only possible if it has custom firmware on it.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 11-24-2016

(11-23-2016, 10:56 PM)fridge225 Wrote:

It is a lot easier to simply download a ROM online from somewhere. Just google it.
Getting it off your SD is only possible if it has custom firmware on it.

Isn't getting the ROM illegal?