The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Iceman404 - 02-13-2014

This thread is huge and I didn't catch up on it, so it's already probably been mentioned, but...

One thing I noticed from all of these videos and shots is a new dodging direction. From the looks of it, just like directional roll-dodging (as well as dodging in place), you can now press up + block to jump-dodge. This makes easy counter attacks for people with good midair attacks, as well as not forcing you to turn around like roll-dodging does.

I came to this conclusion after seeing the Sonic trailer (0:21)

AND
[Image: macintro1.gif]

I really don't think they're tediously jumping and dodging that quickly just for show--- wait. He's not even fucking flashing.

welp

Little things I also noticed:

*Some Melee physics properties might be back. Just like in SSBM, it LOOKS you retain momentum when jumping from higher speeds (see the Mac gif above), but it's probably just his attack or something. I wonder how these little things, including the new ledge grabbing system, will effect competitive play.

*Meteor smashing people already on the floor now sends them forward rather than directly up and stunned, but this could again just be unique to Little Mac's attacks. Also, his final punch sent Bowser from 33% to 231%, Christ.

*You apparently also gain some quick DBZ like aura when you K.O. someone.

*Little Mac has some fucking godly super-armor on almost all of his attacks.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 02-13-2014

Mac's dodging there isn't a regular dodge, that's part of his special.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Iceman404 - 02-13-2014

I just noticed after I saw he wasn't flashing.

welp.

EDIT: Anywho, he's looking a bit too strong to me. He has all the advantages besides small stuff that can be overcome by skill, like poor recovery.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kitsu - 02-13-2014

(02-13-2014, 10:21 PM)Kriven Wrote: I want the exact opposite of this. Smash does not need a narrator.

don't you know the greatness that is madden game commentary?
"THAT GUY WORKS AS A BULLDOZER IN THE OFFSEASON"

golden
just golden

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 02-13-2014

(02-13-2014, 10:27 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: One thing I noticed from all of these videos and shots is a new dodging direction. From the looks of it, just like directional roll-dodging (as well as dodging in place), you can now press up + block to jump-dodge. This makes easy counter attacks for people with good midair attacks, as well as not forcing you to turn around like roll-dodging does.

That seemed more like Sonic just jumped, then immediately air dodged. That flip definitely looks like Sonic's air dodge in Brawl.

I already noticed, yeah. Again, Mac isn't flashing.
(02-13-2014, 10:21 PM)Kriven Wrote: I want the exact opposite of this. Smash does not need a narrator.

Oh don't be so salty~

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 02-14-2014

Yeah ... that's pretty awful. Just supporting their argument really.

I wouldn't mind so much if there was just some trick to make Doc speak solely on Mac's stage, like the Fox/Snake Codecs.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 02-14-2014

Well those of us hoping for a Donkey Kong related reveal are a little disappointed, but seeing Mac is great!

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 02-14-2014

WOO DIDDY!

Oh. Well that was unexpected. BUT WOO MAC!

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Iceman404 - 02-14-2014

(02-14-2014, 12:33 AM)Drshnaps Wrote: Yeah ... that's pretty awful. Just supporting their argument really.

sarcasm

Also, I feel like this is strangely relevant
[Image: tumblr_n0ywj8crgH1s8jcf0o1_500.jpg]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 02-14-2014

(02-13-2014, 10:11 PM)Kitsu Wrote: and when Doc is selected, Alphonzo will provided good alternative commentary instead
[Image: AzCDSky.png]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 02-14-2014

(02-14-2014, 12:47 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Well those of us hoping for a Donkey Kong related reveal are a little disappointed, but seeing Mac is great!

DK is the final champion in Punch-Out!! Wii.

So it is related, in a roundabout sort of way.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - senjen - 02-14-2014

honestly i wan't that surprised little mac would be in smash, however if this guy did:

http://evilwaluigi.deviantart.com/art/NEWCOMER-Earthworm-Jim-338051590

i would freak out big time this deviantart user made a good idea for him too,

too bad the current owners of Earthworm Jim (Double Helix) got bought by Amazon.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 02-14-2014

(02-14-2014, 01:22 AM)soulcaliburfan Wrote:
(02-13-2014, 10:11 PM)Kitsu Wrote: and when Doc is selected, Alphonzo will provided good alternative commentary instead
[Image: AzCDSky.png]
[Image: alfff.png]
"Okay, who are you and what have you done to my coach?"

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Paladin - 02-14-2014

God, I'm hoping for Doc Louis as an assisst trophy!