The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 01-29-2014

Wow! Never thought Sakurai had that kind of sense of humor.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - [robo9] - 01-29-2014

Well that's not Hades. Guess predictions guy was wrong

[Image: 1367166196071.jpg]
(Although it's not a big surprise)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 01-29-2014

Does that confirm Palutena? lol

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 01-29-2014

Doesn't confirm anything, but I get a vibe that Sakurai knows about the leaks. Also, if there is a reveal tomorrow, Nintendo Direct or not, I think it would be hilarious if it was someone else entirely.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 01-29-2014

Internet sarcasm is a thing.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 01-29-2014

Wait. Hang on.

This is a Wii U stage.

Based on a handheld game.

Unless I'm missing something, it would look like the whole "stages from handheld games for 3DS, stages from home console games for Wii U" allows some exceptions.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 01-29-2014

Skyworld originates from the NES Kid Icarus, it is just using the updated design and style of the Uprising game. Still counts.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 01-29-2014

I am fairly certain that Sakurai has never explicitly stated the handheld-only-on-3DS rule. It's just something that people drew the conclusion on based on what evidence has been prevented thus far. All that's actually been stated, to my knowledge, is that each version will have different stages.

Well I believe that it was stated each version would focus more on its own style than the other's, but that's not to say its impossible to see some overlap.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - BullockDS - 01-29-2014

(01-29-2014, 12:27 PM)Drshnaps Wrote: I am fairly certain that Sakurai has never explicitly stated the handheld-only-on-3DS rule. It's just something that people drew the conclusion on based on what evidence has been prevented thus far. All that's actually been stated, to my knowledge, is that each version will have different stages.
1:24: "On the Nintendo 3DS version, there will be more stages based on handheld games; while themed stages from console games [awkward phrasing much?] will be on WiiU".
Doesn't seem to mean that ALL derivative stages in the 3DS version will be based on handheld titles (nor console games for the WiiU edition).

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 01-30-2014

So when they revealed Rosalina, the whole day leading up to it there was a placeholder image of Link rearing his bow against a defending Peach. Today's image is showing Link and Pit standing off with their bows in the same way.

Probably a coincidence. I:

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 01-30-2014

I guarantee you guys that Sakurai just takes some screenshots and picks the best one to put on the site for the day. There's no pattern, you're only going to disappoint yourselves looking for one.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 01-30-2014

I like alI descriptions of game physics he does with these shots. Basically he's saying today that Link's arrows are faster flying than Pit's when charged

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Omega - 01-31-2014

[Image: BfSb2bzCYAAO42I.png:large]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Chaoxys - 01-31-2014

I am okay with this. I know a lot of people would rather have them drop Lucario in favor of Mewtwo, but honestly, I thought Lucario's gimmick of getting stronger as he takes more damage was neat. Granted, I'd still like it if Mewtwo made it in, but again, I'm happy with this.

Also, I'm curious what he means by the influence of his aura is increased. I'd guess it means theres a more noticeable difference in how attacks work, like you do even more damage/more knockback/greater range.