The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ploaj - 06-11-2013

Skapon for Smash4U~

I hope Pokemon Trainer returns. I have a feeling that he won't, or at least not with the pokemon he has in brawl.
I'm also curious about Jigglypuff. I wonder if she'll change a little to reflect her new fairy type.

Edit:
Bomberman would be fun to see, but I don't think it's likely. I'm usually against 3rd party characters.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-11-2013

I'd rather see Bomberman and Pac-Man against Mega Man, tbh.

But I'm also super biased toward the arcade emperors.

(White Bomber, Frogger, Q*Bert, Pac-Man, Taizo Hori, and Bub would make this game freaking incredible).

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-11-2013

Isn't Pac-man getting a new game? I could have sworn I saw a trailer for it. Could even just reuse that model.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mutsukki - 06-11-2013

They don't re-use models at all (reason why Smash looks beautiful with all the diferent styles and Playstation All Star Battle looks ugly), they're all redesigned to some extent.

Also shouldn't the discussion be on 1st party character rather then 3rd ones...it's not a video game all star battle...

Quote:Skapon for Smash4U~

This is totally possible, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it makes an appearance. It WAS Nintendo's first (and one of the only) fighting game after all...

Also, at this point I'm pretty much expecting Takamaru from Nazo no Murasamejo to appear

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-11-2013

They reused models in Brawl for a lot of trophies.

(06-11-2013, 10:01 PM)Mutsukki Wrote: Also shouldn't the discussion be on 1st party character rather then 3rd ones...it's not a video game all star battle...

There's even discussion of party representation, and I don't see a problem with third-party speculation, particularly when we've known for a while that third-party rep will be increased.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AkumaTh - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 09:48 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Isn't Pac-man getting a new game? I could have sworn I saw a trailer for it. Could even just reuse that model.

No, he's not getting a new game. He's getting a new cartoon series.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Random Talking Bush - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 10:25 PM)AkumaTh Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 09:48 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Isn't Pac-man getting a new game? I could have sworn I saw a trailer for it. Could even just reuse that model.

No, he's not getting a new game. He's getting a new cartoon series.
And a game.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Helmo - 06-11-2013

I despise pac man's new design

It's even worse, he should look like this, or the art on it's box Also why does some character who has nothing to do with games always have to come up

Pac-Man's newer design grew on me after a while, although I wish they'd portray him as an older character again.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-11-2013

I never liked Samus' Other M suit even before the game was known to be horrible. It's too pointy. The rounder smoother designs of the past looked sleek and cool. Why is her chest armor pointy?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 06-11-2013

I think it looks ok.

I miss the shoulder bubbles. There was something distinctly last-century-scifi-anime about them that I really liked.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-11-2013

Well it's no big deal. What's really REALLY worrisome is Ridley. If he's a boss or Assist Trophy or Fighter... I'm worri- no TERRIFIED he's going to look the way he did in Other M... Just HORRIBLE!

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 06-12-2013

Oh, NOW you're talking! If we get Ridley, he damn better be our beloved anorexic space dragon, not... whatever was that in Other M!

Regardless, I think they might introduce around 20 or so characters. Given how 64 had 12, Melee introduced 13, Brawl 15, and this game at least 17-19.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-12-2013

Sakurai said the game would have around 50 characters in some interview.