The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Tellis - 12-20-2013

I dunno, are you guys forgetting that Ridley's been all but confirmed as a stage hazard/background set piece for the Metroid stage, what with Sakurai's "a familiar foe will appear" comment and the fact that this is where you fight Ridley in Other M. Samus and ZSS are practically two character slots (especially considering ZSS actually works as a standalone character and isn't just punishment for using her Final Smash...) so I feel like that's enough? Like, Dark Samus isn't even relevant to Other M, which is what they seem to be pulling everything from this time around.

And maaan, as much as I'd love F-Zero to get more attention (like, what if they pulled a Roy and put in an F-Zero character to hype a new F-Zero game, aaaa), it really doesn't feel like it's gonna happen? Like the best I can think of is like, Black Shadow taking Ganondorf's moveset and Ganondorf getting his own (actually, do this, Sakurai), or Samurai Goroh becoming un-assist trophy'd, but like... eh. F-Zero has almost the exact opposite problem that Metroid has: it has too many characters and none of them matter enough to the series. None of the 58 total racers in the series really stick out any more than the others (other than the ones I mentioned and maybe Pico and Dr. Stewart since they were in the original)

Oh and as much as it pains me to continue saying it, the rest of Nintendo seems to hate Mother so lol, low chances all around for that, especially considering we only have one of the three games here and Sakurai likes making sure that the American audience isn't alienated and whatnot by not putting in Japan-exclusives.

Heh, sorry if this is overly negative, I started with that comment on Ridley (because I was confused why people were still making that suggestion) and kind of just went from there... Maybe I'll post with some ideas or something later, I dunno. Anyway, Rosalina is exciting because it looks like they're coming up with really clever ideas for characters now.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 12-20-2013

We're still making that suggestion because Ridley hasn't been shown at all so far, and since Sakurai is cryptic as hell the "An old foe will appear" statement could mean anything from a hazard to "This is the stage you unlock him on".

I'd like it if the alternate colors that are derived from other characters (Daisy, Blood Falcon) were slightly personalized to include new voices and taunts and a name-change with a new trophy for Classic Mode. It's the way Tekken does it, and it's a cheap way to bump the roster in directions I don't think people would take much issue with.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 12-20-2013

A Space Pirate might be suitable for a playable Metroid rep. Wasn't there a specific Space Pirate character in Prime Hunters?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 12-20-2013

Yeah, the game wasn't all that well-received though. The pirate was Weavel, who could disconnected his upper body from his lower body, his lower body becoming a turret. Could be an interesting concept.

My personal pick from that game would have been Sylux, who is enemy to whatever Space Federation exists in Samus' universe.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 12-20-2013

Toon Link is still a character, so even if Ridley is in the background, he could still easily be playable.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 12-20-2013

You know what would be fucking rad in that vein? Other M Ridley relegated to a stage hazard while Super Metroid Ridley becomes playable. Cool

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - recme - 12-20-2013

i thought we already discussed how ridley wouldnt be playable? how it would just be a charizard copy. as awesome as it would be, i doubt it would happen ever

I don't think it would happen either. Just being hypothetical.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 12-20-2013

Actually, I picture him to play more like Firebrand inside of MvC3... (Air control/hover with his special moves, versatile fire usage[like blasts that shoot down and travel small distances on the ground, swoops, etc.)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 12-20-2013

I've always imagined him as much more feral than any of the large characters so far. All hunkered down to make him fit without resizing him too dramatically, a whirlwind of claw slashes and gnashing teeth and plasma blasts.

You could always combine the two into one savage flying beast... You know, what Ridley is.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 12-21-2013

(12-20-2013, 08:49 PM)recolorking Wrote: i thought we already discussed how ridley wouldnt be playable? how it would just be a charizard copy. as awesome as it would be, i doubt it would happen ever
That's sarcasm, right?

I mean, you really don't mean that, right? That Ridley will be a Charizard clone because he's a fire-breathing dragon, right? Because from that logic, you could asume that Marth is a Link clone due to both of them being medieval-esque swordsmen. Or Jigglypuff being a Kirby clone due to them being pink puffballs that float. Or Dedede and Falco, who are blue colored birds. Or etc.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 12-21-2013

I'm kind of hoping Tingle will be playable this time around, preferably with a Rupee icon to represent his spin-off series.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - recme - 12-21-2013

(12-21-2013, 01:46 AM)SchAlternate Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 08:49 PM)recolorking Wrote: i thought we already discussed how ridley wouldnt be playable? how it would just be a charizard copy. as awesome as it would be, i doubt it would happen ever
That's sarcasm, right?

I mean, you really don't mean that, right? That Ridley will be a Charizard clone because he's a fire-breathing dragon, right? Because from that logic, you could asume that Marth is a Link clone due to both of them being medieval-esque swordsmen. Or Jigglypuff being a Kirby clone due to them being pink puffballs that float. Or Dedede and Falco, who are blue colored birds. Or etc.

nope not sarcasm

i mean, im not saying he can be a clone, im just saying a similar moveset can happen. also, youre using very bad examples there. for example, falco and dedede are both very different from each other. different ways to attack and their speed. id like you to tell me what the can be so unique about making ridley a playable character other than scratching and tail whipping

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 12-21-2013

Imma leave dis here.