The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 12-18-2013

God damn that Rosalina reveal trailer. The fakeout at the beginning had me so excited for a new Kirby Air Ride game. AUGH.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 12-18-2013

It showed Rainbow Road, I didn't think it was Air Ride for a millisecond.
But I am definitely looking forward to trying her out. Her style looks very interesting.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 12-18-2013

It begins with Kirby Air Ride music, Kirby flying around on his star Air Ride style, and then the appearance of an astral race track. It's not my fault if that's the first place my mind went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_gYzv02SQ&t=27m34s

For those that missed it.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Omega - 12-18-2013

God damn that trailer, there was somehing magical, almost disney esque with the cgi bits.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 12-18-2013

I thought they were announcing Kirby as a Mario Kart 8 racer, to be honest...

..and now I want that to happen...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Darky's Reincarnation - 12-18-2013

(12-18-2013, 10:20 AM)Kriven Wrote: I thought they were announcing Kirby as a Mario Kart 8 racer, to be honest...

..and now I want that to happen...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 12-18-2013

Well this pretty much kills Starfy's chances...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 12-18-2013

Starf is probably finished, unfortunately. I don't think he did well internationally, and there hasn't been a game since.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Darky's Reincarnation - 12-18-2013

(12-18-2013, 10:26 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Well this pretty much kills Starfy's chances...

don't say that, their sets would have been totally different anyway.

also this brings up something; mario now has five characters from his series

expecting zelda to have a new one too, probably Impa that would complete the whole family. she could be the perfect replacement of sheik IF she's is being removed als zelda's counterpart

( which i see happening, since he/she/it was only there because of TP'S concept art of it. they could also just fix zelda's moveset and she's good to go. then again, ocarina of time has been remade not long ago... )

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 12-18-2013

Yeah too bad. He was in more games than Rosalina was. I'm really shocked she got in. She's a fairly new character. Also I think Mario has too many characters now. I kinda wanted Sakurai to focus on series that hadn't got much love.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - senjen - 12-18-2013

At least we have another newcomer finally, and yay another female added to the roster, they needed another anyway, i'm surprised that Rosalina got in before Daisy though XD.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Virtuaboy123 - 12-18-2013

With her addition I'm starting to think Vaati/Toon Zelda will be in this game as a new Zelda rep(to go along side toon link). That or Ghiraham as Rosalina was a new Wii Mario character. Sheik being replaced would cause too many people to rage...(I don't use her but she's been a favorite since melee)

Also I don't see assist trophies becoming characters at this point. (I could be wrong, I hope)

edit
Rosalina seems to have a meteorsmash/spike so I'll def have to check that out.
Kinda floaty like ness too.(my 2nd fav character)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 12-18-2013

(12-18-2013, 10:58 AM)senjen Wrote: I'm surprised that Rosalina got in before Daisy though XD.

If Daisy got into Super Smash Bros chances are her final smash would involve her saying "HI IM DAISY" a thousand times.

But no, I don't want Daisy as a playable character in Smash. Sure she's been around longer but her importance hasn't even been noted since Super Mario Land. No, I'm not going to bother counting all the spin offs ether.

Rosalina deserved her role in smash. I'd even go far to say she deserves her own game at this point. My point here is that Rosalina is one of the few Mario characters that has her own personality of a strong, smart, fun and caring woman to the point where she overshadows even Mario himself if not being equal to Mario. I think this is going without saying that Rosalina is her own representative of the Mario Galaxy series.

Maybe what I'm saying is far fetched but I stick true to my point here.

Also I'm curious to see if Rainbow Road will be a stage, or if it will be a part of the mario galaxy stage.

On one hand I'm disappointed that one of the slots in the finite roster were taken up by yet another Mario character.

On the other hand, at least Rosalina is extremely unique, unlike other choices they could have made, such as Bowser Jr. or Daisy.

So I guess I'm okay with this as long as they don't bring in yet another Mario newcomer. Then I may rage. (Wario is okay).

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 12-18-2013

Isn't Wario technically his own series now?

I'm positive this was the same deal with Yoshi. I don't know. But I think that having at least 5 characters representing a series is fine if not pushing it.

Lets not forget that Pokemon had at least six representatives in brawl, including each pokemon trainer pokemon.