The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 12-03-2013

Lord, if this implies that Miis could playable...

I don't what I'll do, but I certainly won't like it.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Chaoxys - 12-03-2013

Man, why is everyone so against Miis being playable? I could see them having an awesome moveset seeing as they've been in a lot of games, not to mention if they let you use your personal Miis, you could potentially alter your Miis weight/strength/speed via it's height and weight which could be pretty dang cool.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Terminal Devastation - 12-03-2013

I still think Mii's are better suited as a "fighting polygon" type challenge.
Fully realised as a character would be neat though.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 12-03-2013

I don't know, it's just something about them being playable that really bothers me to no end.

Perhaps it's the subconcious fear that they'll pretty much be prefered over every other character in the game by casual players, in the same vein as in Mario Kart Wii. I mean, that's the problem with the option of having a customizable character in your roster: why need anyone else?

I dunno, maybe I'm talking crap right now, but it's what I feel. Sort of.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 11:06 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Are they bosses or simply stage hazards... or both!?

Assist Trophies are another possibility.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 12-03-2013

I wouldn't mind miis at this point since they're practically just another nintendo character.

It'd be awesome if there was a reggie mii in the american and european versions as a playable character.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 12-03-2013

I could take or leave the concept of Miis as playable characters depending on the way they were done. If they appeared as some sort of Fighting Polygon style enemies, I would love if ACTUAL Miis of people online would appear, and include people like Reggie, Miyamoto, Sakurai etc as bosses at the end of a run against them.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Virtuaboy123 - 12-03-2013

Ha I could see this in Event mode.

Name.
My Body is ready.

Description

Mii's have invaded the Mushroom Kingdom(or even better a Bowser's inside story stage)! Show them whose boss. Can you beat the 3 special ones?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 12-04-2013

Today's caption makes a reference to the obscure Mega Man Soccer game.

I'm beginning to wonder if Sakurai is more of a Mega Man fanboy than we realized.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Omega - 12-04-2013

He probably is, Megaman looks and moves like his NES sprites, has a move from Marvel Vs. Capcom of all things, and he brought in the best enemy of the Megaman series (Yellow devil).

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up including Music from more obscure megaman titles like Rockboard or the arcade fighters.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-05-2013

i will never be satisfied with a smash bros. roster unless mike jones is in it

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 12-05-2013

Wow, someone else on the face of the planet that agrees with me.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 12-05-2013

Mike Jones is not going to happensince Sakurai probably doesn't know who he is. You see it was never released in Japan and the guy doesn't seem to know about those games.

What makes me think this?
In an interview about Kid Icarus Uprising he was discussing the history of Kid Icarus. He didn't seem to know anything about the Gameboy game, Of Myths and Monsters, since it was never released in Japan.

If he didn't know anything about that game while he was making Uprising, I doubt he'd know anything about StarTropics.

So yeah we have a better chance of getting an obscure Japanese character like Barbara the Bat than him since at least Sakurai knows who she is.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-05-2013

never said i expected it to happen, only that i won't be satisfied if it doesn't

he's one of those "nostalgic characters with boundless potential" like pit just because of all the weird items and powers he has access to in both startropics games. ignoring the likelihood of his inclusion, designing a moveset for him would be incredibly simple.

a blue can dream

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 12-05-2013

I actually have a moveset for Mike at home. Zoda too actually.