The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 11-07-2013

Marth wouldn't be replaced. We westerners wouldn't really know it but Marth is pretty much THE face of Fire Emblem. It would be like replacing Pikachu. If anyone would get replaced it would be Ike (who in turn already replaced Roy).

Anyways, his model has definitely improved. He looks way less feminine than he did in previous incarnations. But not completely.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 11-07-2013

I am now trying to cope with the fact the next character might not get revealed for weeks.

;~;

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 11-07-2013

Dat HD/3D fabulousness...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 11-07-2013

(11-07-2013, 12:06 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I am now trying to cope with the fact the next character might not get revealed for weeks.

;~;

Just be glad they didn't waste this update on yet another Mario character.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 11-07-2013

I can't believe people thought Marth was being replaced. That would be like Pikachu getting replaced.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ark Kuvis - 11-07-2013

I am /really/ digging Marth's new outfit. Apparently, Sakurai wanted to incorporate the Shadow Dragon outfit for Brawl after he saw it. It looks amazing, probably not enough to make me want to USE the character, but wow.

Seeing the new outfit on Marth makes me hope for a Radiant Dawn inspired Ike design! Would that not be awesome?! The inner Fire Emblem fan in me is so hype after this announcement!

(Man this was a pretty random character announcement though! Nothing Fire Emblem related happened on November 7th! I guess they just needed a little bit more marketing on Fire Emblem Awakening for the christmas season? Literally there's a link to the main site for Awakening under Marth's profile, a game that Marth only makes cameos in!)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 11-07-2013

(11-07-2013, 01:09 PM)Drshnaps Wrote: Just be glad they didn't waste this update on yet another Mario character.

What's wrong with Mario characters?

Nothing at all. But we already have four of them revealed where the only other franchise with multiple characters introduced is Zelda with two characters. It would be a waste to introduce another Mario character now and have to wait several more weeks for another character to be revealed.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ark Kuvis - 11-07-2013

I predict we'll get Wario before 2013 is over though. Each of the newly released veterans are promoting a Nintendo franchise that got a new installment.

-Olimar for Pikmin 3
-Luigi for both Luigi's Mansion and Mario and Luigi Dream Team
-Peach for Mario 3D Land
-Toon Link for Wind Waker HD
-Sonic for Sonic Lost World
-and now Marth, for Fire Emblem Awakening.

While we still haven't seen a Pokemon rep (Gamefreak asked Sakurai to hold back on announcing anything for some reason?), the only other Nintendo franchise that got a new game during 2013 was Wario Ware, with Game and Wario.

Alternatively, they could hold off Wario's debut, and probably announce him alongside Waluigi Kart 8 or something. But I totally predict Wario in the coming weeks.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Baegal - 11-07-2013

I'm really liking that model for Marth

I never loved playing as him but the model looks really nice : D

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 11-08-2013

Also, Marth is prettier than Peach. Just sayin'.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 11-11-2013

The Capsule item got a redesign. Which is interesting because it was the same design at E3 when Sakurai was showing off the Villager.

[Image: capsule_zpsdff97b73.png]
[Image: daily.jpg]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Terminal Devastation - 11-11-2013

Is it a redesign? Or another capsule type?
Something to think about.
They might just be adding a "fat capsule", which drops two items instead of one.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 11-11-2013

It's a redesign. Things change during development.
I like these capsules as they look more like... capsules. It's a better fit for most of the items.
It reminded me and my brother of those Dragonball capsules though. I think it's the button.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 11-11-2013

I don't know, seems more like a fat capsule rather than a redesign.

There's not really an item page to tell us anything. So it's kind of hard to say. At the same time we can't really tell anything before something is confirmed or until the game is released.