The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 10-07-2013

It's also not a finished game yet.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 10-07-2013

That's the excuse they used for Brawl's Waddle Doo and we all know how that turned out.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 10-07-2013

So with Pokemon XY just on the horizon and the high possibility that a Smash character will be announced to coincide with the release (as has been the trend for most of the veteran announcements), what do you speculate will be announced as the next character?

Seeing as there have not been any NEW character announcements ever since the first 3, I personally anticipate (if there is any character announced AT ALL) that it will either be Lucario, Mewtwo or Charizard/Pokemon Trainer announced. Pokemon Trainer I feel is a less likely announcement... to be honest, I have no idea which direction they would go with the introduction of Mega Charizard evolutions, but of course there's a chance they might just not change anything at all with him if he's included. I feel like Mewtwo or Lucario are far more likely to be announced, and I am almost more inclined to say Lucario could potentially have better staying power because of the connections to Gen 4 and Gen 6, while Mewtwo would just be another Gen 1, but with ties to Gen 6. I'd personally rather have Mewtwo, and I'm hoping he's in, Mega Evos or not.

It does make me wonder whether they'd jump back a bit and include a Gen 5 Pokemon (Zoroark comes to mind, Bisharp would be so cool but INCREDIBLY unlikely), and when I think about Gen 6 I DON'T really see too many good candidates other than certain Mega Evolutions. The Gen 6 starters do seem like a good setup.. I could easily see an alternate PT situation where it had Chespin, Braixen and Greninja as the three, basically shifting the power triangle to the left one. Outside of that, though, I feel like the best candidates are still the veteran fighters.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 10-07-2013

Pokemon Origins might make Pokemon trainer more likely though... We will just have to wait and see.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Sonikku - 10-07-2013

honestly, if mewtwo or lucario make it in, i could see their mega evos being a sort of similar thing to the samus -> zero suit samus transformation

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 10-07-2013

Personally, I'd think a Final Smash for Mewtwo would be an even cooler option. Picture him turning into his X form when activating it on the ground, doing a strong physical attack, while performing it in the air could give him his Y form, doing a slightly weaker, but more widespread and less avoidable attack.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 10-07-2013

While I think chances of Mewtwo returning are high, I'm not expecting to see him get a preemptive reveal. I would expect him to be one of the unlockable characters.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ploaj - 10-07-2013

I don't think Mewtwo will be revealed yet either.
Mostly because Sakurai mentioned still thinking about him at e3. If they decided to add him, it would take a while to get him ready and all.
But to be honest, I really would like to see Pokemon Trainer return. He's not very good competitively, but he was still fun to use...

TomGuycott I think you're forgetting about our newly fairy-typed friend Wink

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 10-07-2013

Does Charizard being one of the only confirmed double-Mega Pokemon and being frequently used by Game Freak to show off X and Y plus playing the Pikachu role in Pokemon: Origins raise the chances of Pokemon Trainer's return (or possibly Charizard being his own character) in anyone else's opinion?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 10-07-2013

I think Red has quite a large chance of returning anyway. I think he'd get a reveal soon because of those reasons, though.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 10-18-2013

Huh. What with all the pokemon fans here, I expected someone to have commented on today's picture ...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Omega - 10-18-2013

As usual Sakurai is a troll, next he'll be teasing just a teeny tiny bit of a xenoblade stage but we won't be able to get a clear idea if it is one.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 10-18-2013

All the Pokemon fans are too busy with X and Y to comment on it o:

I'm more surprised nobody commented on YESTERDAY's picture where Fox's face was right in Peach's chest.

Also his face model looked SOOOO creepy.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 10-18-2013

I'm really surprised he hasn't updated a Pokemon veteran/newcomer yet. What is he up to...?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Darky's Reincarnation - 10-22-2013

[Image: 54UipDw.png]

no sorry it's fake