The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 10-02-2013

(10-02-2013, 02:32 AM)Kriven Wrote: Didn't the tail end of Twilight Princess development coincide with the early stages of Brawl?
I guess that's technically true if delaying the release so they could port it to the Wii counts as "development".

... which I guess it technically does. I feel like it shouldn't though.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 10-02-2013

Did you guys notice that Sonic's grin shifts to the side of his face that is facing the player? Similar to how Rock always stands with his body facing the camera.

[EDIT] D'oh, nobody's posted since I last did. Whoops.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Virt - 10-02-2013

I'm glad that Sonic is so much better-looking than in Brawl

Brawl's Sonic model was really ugly imo.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 10-02-2013

(10-02-2013, 03:23 AM)White-Jet Wrote: Would you rather they play "Can You Feel the Sunshine" from Sonic R?

Yes.

Can you feel the sunshine? Does it bright up your day? Don't you feel that sometimes you just need to run away? Reach out for the sunshine, forget about the rain. Just think about the good times, and they will come back again.

[Image: ab2u.jpg]

I honestly don't see why people hate the Sonic R music so much. I rather like most of it.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - HyperSonic92 - 10-02-2013

I don't think it's so much that people hate the songs themselves, they just find them terribly unfitting to the game.

I mean, how many racing games have YOU played that had its soundtrack comprised of love songs?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 10-02-2013

I'd rather love songs than generic racing music.

More development teams should take that kind of risk, imo.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mutsukki - 10-03-2013

I think the Sonic R ost is horribly catchy heh. It's the one thing that stood out for me in the game above everything else (and I think it fits quite a bit. it gives an odd charm to the game)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 10-03-2013

Its rock/pop music made for a blue hedgehog and his technicolor friends. Ofcourse the music is going to be cheesy, I WANT the music to be cheesy. The cheesiness suits the mood for the series... well when its not trying to be emo.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 10-03-2013

So, does anybody else sometimes type in urls for unannounced characters in the vain hope a page was secretly or accidentally put up?

Or is that just me? Blank

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 10-03-2013

That reminds me of when Brawl was coming out and each symbol was differently numbered. People were making charts saying that X symbol was going to be in one of the the empty slots and they figured out how many franchises there would be before the game came out and everyone was announced. It was pretty neat.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 10-03-2013

One thing I'm noticing is that there are much fewer new characters announced by this point compared to Brawl. This could easily just mean LESS newcomers, but Brawl showed a LOT of newer characters earlier. The teaser alone showed 3 new characters, and before release I think they showed all the rest of the default new characters (Dedede, Lucas, Ike and PT) and two of the secret characters (Snake and Sonic). Then there were only about 3 newcomers left to find.

Compared to this time around, we've got only 3 announced so far, and while they were in quick succession, they weren't announced together. I feel like (barring the idea of less characters for a moment) they at least have a larger sense of mystery when announcing their characters this time around. Of course we have MONTHS for them to start announcing new characters, so it could be Brawl all over again. Of course to advertise it as something new and exciting, they would WANT to announce newer or characters devoid from Brawl, so I expect some of that soon.

Speaking of which, anyone think in a week or two we're gonna see Charizard or Mewtwo?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 10-03-2013

I'm totally ok with more mystery. As much as I loved the Dojo, I felt like they blew their load a little early. Trickle out the veterans. I want to see them, too, and it's a lot of fun checking out their new models.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 10-07-2013

So ... does anyone else think Fox's texturing looks a bit shitty in today's screenshot?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 10-07-2013

(10-07-2013, 05:07 AM)Drshnaps Wrote: So ... does anyone else think Fox's texturing looks a bit shitty in today's screenshot?

I had that same problem with Peach's hand model in that Mario-giving-Peach-the-ring screenshot, but it's for the following reason:
It's not meant to be seen this close-up (and static).