The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 09-23-2013

Ganondorf has so many moves to pull from throughout the series, but he still ends up a Falcon clone. I'm not getting my hopes up this time either.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 09-23-2013

Personally, I think he can keep the physics of his attacks (which are mostly different from Falcon), but they'd be performed with a weapon (a sword or better yet a trident), not only to give him unique animations, but to help his rather mediocre range.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 09-23-2013

Could also make it so that his ranged attacks do more devastating damage at the tip rather than the handle. There's options there.

Regrettably they always seem to steer Gdorf away from his trident unless he's a pig.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 09-23-2013

Who knows, they might give it to him for the sake of making a throwback to his older appearance.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 09-23-2013

By this point it's a balance of making him his own unique character and also not pissing off the people who are used to his Captain Falcon-esque moves. The chokeslam was well-received, so maybe he'll evolve a bit more in this one.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 09-23-2013

On many Japanese discussion boards they want Ganondorf to have his own moveset while Black Shadow gets his old moveset. I don't know how I feel about that. But I can understand their conclusion. It would make more sense for Black Shadow to have Ganondorf's current moveset. However I'm not crazy about clones.

Then again, as long as the animation of his normal moves are different (AKA giving him a weapon), I'd not mind. When it comes to specials, however, I'd like to see Warlock Punch being more of a long range burst of energy rather than a glorified Falcon Punch (it's sweetspot would still be his fist, though).

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 09-24-2013

He has his energy balls that you play tennis with, the one he charges over his head that bursts into pieces, an earthquake punch, fire bats, and whatever he does in Four Swords Adventures (don't remember). This doesn't include different weapons he's had or moves he could borrow from other bosses in the series. These things aren't necessarily a good moveset by themselves, but he doesn't utilize any of them! The only move he has that's actually his is the rushing face grab, and he only did that in a cutscene.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 09-24-2013

To be fair, the only move I'd like see him using that has appeared in earlier games would be the earthquake punch from OOT (which would replace Wizard Foot/Dark Falcon Kick) (I'd call it Shadow Tremor or something). Everything else is fine with me, and I'll say that it should stay that way (bar the extended neutral B move and usage of a trident)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 09-24-2013

Captain Falcon style has never fit his character. He's a bandit king who's adept at dark magic. It's safe to assume he isn't a pushover physically, but he's only ever really been a physical threat to children Links. He should be more of a ranged character with decent close proximity abilities. Captain Falcon was a bizarre clone choice and the only reason people could feel that it fits him now is because they are used to it from melee and brawl.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 09-24-2013

I think this game might be a good opportunity for the change. After all, they changed up Bowser's physics, they even went so far as to actually point it out in their videos. I feel like they might be willing to make even more changes where necessary.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gors - 09-24-2013

I remember reading somewhere that Ganon was only included because his body shape was similar to captain falcon's. So, he was really lucky in retrospect

a more creative moveset (or at least a more believable moveset) for him would be great imo.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Goombaking123 - 09-24-2013

Yet Luigi still doesn't use stuff from Luigi's Mansion. :/

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 09-25-2013

(09-24-2013, 08:31 PM)Goombaking123 Wrote: Yet Luigi still doesn't use stuff from Luigi's Mansion. :/

That could change, it has not been confirmed nor deconfirmed. The screenshot of today shows that Luigi's jump animation was changed.
Text that came with it: "Luigiā€™s jump now has him paddling his legs. His vertical leap is undoubtedly high!" -Sakurai

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 09-25-2013

(09-24-2013, 08:31 PM)Goombaking123 Wrote: Yet Luigi still doesn't use stuff from Luigi's Mansion. :/

Well, we saw what happened with Mario and FLUDD. The vacuum would be more useful though. It could draw people in or trip them or something.