The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Chaoxys - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 12:50 PM)Diogalesu Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 12:20 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: I mainly wanted it to be inside Hades so we could hear him make a "Super Snack Brothers" joke. Seriously though, if the Uprising levels don't have the gods commentating on the fight in the BG, I will be severely disappointed.

I wouldn't mind this as a secret taunt for Pit to be honest.

Oh man, like how Snake can cause little convos in Brawl, or Fox/Falco/Wolf can? That would be amazing.

Viridi: C'mon Pit, get your head in the game.
Palutena: She's right Pit, you should be focusing on the fight, not little easter eggs.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 08-02-2013

I'm actually very against Reggie as a fighter. I think all fighters should be from video games not real people. The same goes for anime, cartoon, comic books, movies, novels, action figures, manga, and anything else I forgot to mention.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Sonikku - 08-02-2013

"I think all fighters should be from video games not real people" is the thing i dont agree with; im not a huge fan of reggie getting the chance of being in but it'd be neat anyways because the ssb series is not about the characters simply being from video games. if they simply had to be from video games then i want a petition for quote from cave story or groose from skyward sword.

the series brings the idols of gaming together: despite not appearing in a game, im pretty sure reggie is a huge idol of the gaming world just based on the fact that if someone thought of the faces of gaming, sonic, mario, link, snake, kirby, etc. and especially reggie would probably be far ahead of the list than say.. miyamoto or even - as part of an unrelated company - robin walker.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 08-02-2013

I'm not saying being a video game character is the only requirement, like anyone can get in if they are from a video game, I'm just saying it IS a requirement. Sakurai said it many times too. Its more of a restriction than a requirement.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Chaoxys - 08-02-2013

Reggie would be funny, but I doubt it would happen. Non-Specific Action Figure on the other hand...

Hahaha someone remembers that guy! People really wanted Non-Specific Action Figure to get his own game at one point.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 08-02-2013

The rules are:

1. Must have originated as a video game character. (No Naruto, Goku, Reggie, etc)
2. Must have appeared on a Nintendo system.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 08-02-2013

I wish the rules could be bent a little for Nintendo-owned properties and characters... oh wait, like ROB.

ROB is a real-life device which never appeared in a video game (until his cameos on later systems) but interacted with them. He may have been referenced in games, but he wasn't in them. So he didn't originate from a game, still showed up in Brawl.

Honestly, it'd be cool if Captain N or other characters from Nintendo's cartoons and comics could at least get a little mention in Smash. That's a huge part of Nintendo's history, and it's a shame that it's all pushed to the side by Nintendo proper.

Really though, I just want to play as Hooded Robin.

[Image: HoodedRobin.jpg]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Neweegee - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 12:18 PM)Kriven Wrote: I wish the rules could be bent a little for Nintendo-owned properties and characters... oh wait, like ROB.

ROB is a real-life device which never appeared in a video game (until his cameos on later systems) but interacted with them. He may have been referenced in games, but he wasn't in them. So he didn't originate from a game, still showed up in Brawl.

Honestly, it'd be cool if Captain N or other characters from Nintendo's cartoons and comics could at least get a little mention in Smash. That's a huge part of Nintendo's history, and it's a shame that it's all pushed to the side by Nintendo proper.

Really though, I just want to play as Hooded Robin.

R.O.B was playable in Mario Kart DS, so you could say he came from Mario Kart DS.

Also, Nintendo has some licencing issues with the companies that worked with them in the past that prevents them from using a lot of the characters seen in older Nintendo based things by them(Nintendo now holds on to Mario & friends with an iron hand).

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 01:03 PM)Neweegee Wrote: R.O.B was playable in Mario Kart DS, so you could say he came from Mario Kart DS.

(08-02-2013, 11:44 AM)AuraLancer Wrote: 1. Must have originated as a video game character. (No Naruto, Goku, Reggie, etc)

ROB did not originate in MKDS.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Terminal Devastation - 08-02-2013

ROB originated in what ever game he came with (can't remember the name at the moment). He might not have been a digital part of said game, but he WAS part of it (as much as any piece of console hardware is). So it's a strange case with ROB, but he does follow the rules (Bends them a lot though).

Stack-Up and Gyromite your thinking of.

Also Captain N was a horrible cartoon! Why do people keep suggesting him?

(08-02-2013, 06:02 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Also Captain N was a horrible cartoon! Why do people keep suggesting him?

3:

I like Captain N 3:

3:

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 08-02-2013

ROB was also in Kirby 3. Tongue

Well R.O.B. was in a ton of things. StarTropics, F-Zero GX, he's all over the place in Nintendo games.