The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mutsukki - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 04:29 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: And there's an outstanding amount of no updates on the Smash page...

The only things he's updating daily are photos taken while he's messing around with the game. Actual updates probably won't be frequent like they were in Brawl

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 06-27-2013

Well, that's a let down. I actually liked the way he made the Smash Dojo. Sad

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-27-2013

I'm sure it will get more Dojo-like once he's ready.

Anyway I hope Adventure Mode is like the Melee one except it also has bosses like Subspace. Also maybe an opening movie for each character before Adventure mode begins... something funny of course. Smash should never take itself seriously.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-28-2013

(06-27-2013, 11:39 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Smash should never take itself seriously.

A lesson that should be learned from Subspace Emissary no doubt.

That's one thing I never really liked about Subspace.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-28-2013

The only thing I liked about Subspace was the bosses. I'm guessing by the looks of that Mega Man trailer, their might be... Unless that's just a stage hazard.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mushroom Hedgehog - 06-28-2013

I cannot stress how much Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake need to return. My wallet will be ready for both bundles of the game with a Wii U and 3DS in 2014 if it happens.

A heavy emphasis on alternate costumes should be added since we have more storage on the Wii U and 3DS, particularly because the Zelda series tends to have so much variety, and personally, I think Twilight Princess has had the best character designs so far. Not to mention we haven't seen Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, or the original's art styles in Smash Bros. yet. 8-bit colors for characters such as the Mario Bros would also be nice.

Also, if Ganondorf didn't appear in Skyward Sword, how are they going to style his appearance? Are they going to do something similar with Shiek again since (s)he had a different design in Brawl as well?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 06-29-2013

(06-28-2013, 11:32 PM)Mushroom Hedgehog Wrote: Text.

Methinks that Sonic has a high chance of returning, but I'm not sure I can say the same for Snake... Simon could fill the gap pretty easily imo.

Also, alternate costumes are a must, if ya ask me! I can think a few at the top of my head: Dr. Mario, Mr. L (Luigi), Dry Boswer, Funky Kong (DK), Fusion Suit Samus, Zelda II Link, Boshi (Yoshi), Sonic wearing Dr. Eggman's outfit, and so on so forth.

And they'll probably update Ganondorf and Sheik's appearance to make them match SS style. Dunno how that'll turn out.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-29-2013

I don't think that alternate costumes are actually going to happen. The more I read from Sakurai's interviews it makes it seem less and less like he wants to include them. I'd LOVE to see them, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-29-2013

He probably doesn't have time. This game seems like its being rushed.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - [robo9] - 06-29-2013

If it's any consolation, I'm sure the WiiU Smash will wind up hacked like Brawl was sooner or later, and you will be able to add your own custom costumes.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 06-29-2013

Instead of Ganondorf, add Ghirahim!

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 04:02 PM)Dream Fortress Wrote: Instead of Ganondorf, add Ghirahim!

Eh... what about Vaati?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 06-29-2013

Bleh, stick with Ghirahim and his wonderfully creepy tongue

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-30-2013

Ganondorf is the main overall villain of the Zelda series. It's like saying "Instead of Bowser, add Wart!"

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-30-2013

The Legend of Zelda was consistent with their main villain these days? Mark me surprised.

I get how Ganondorf is the most recognizable because he's been in the most Zelda games, that doesn't mean Sakurai might not end up giving him the axe ether. Truth be told if Ganondorf really gets back in he should actually use his fucking sword for once instead of a damn taunt.

The only other Zelda Character that should get in is Groose, since he's the only one who serves as a rival rather than a villain to link. Chances are it won't happen though.