The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - A.J. Nitro - 06-21-2013

Didn't that happen about a month ago?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-21-2013

Poor guy works too hard. I wouldn't mind a delay in the production if it meant he wasn't killing himself. Sad

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 06-21-2013

Yeah, that article is months old.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Phantom Killah - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 03:41 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Didn't that happen about a month ago?
http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390
according to this interview, his arm still hurts.

Oh, also, there's probably interesting info here, haven't finished reading it yet

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-22-2013

What did interest me was this:

Quote:Sakurai: Essentially between the two versions the character structure is the same, and the moves shared between the characters are the same, but the stages are entirely different. On the 3DS, we've taken the motif of handheld games and then on the Wii U version, featured primarily stages based on games on console.

Kotaku: And how will they be able to connect, the 3DS and Wii U version? Will I be able to play against Wii U people if I'm using the 3DS?

Sakurai: It'll be possible, in fact, on the 3DS version there'll be a certain degree of character customization. You can have your own personalized character that you'll then be able to take over and move onto the Wii U version and play.

Kotaku: And you can also—on the 3DS version—play against people playing the Wii U version?

Sakurai: Actually, that's not possible. What is possible is for you to be able to customize your character, transfer it to the Wii U, and then play there. It would be technically impossible, just because the stages are so different between the two versions, so there isn't a situation where you have a handheld device and a console and you're able to play at the same time. Just more of a situation where there's integration, and [ability] to transfer data.

So from what it sounds like the 3DS might have a heavy emphasis on stickers in that version and the Wii-U version is more focused on the game play itself.

That kind of seems like what Sakurai is implying anyways.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - BullockDS - 06-22-2013

(06-22-2013, 03:32 PM)TreeStar Wrote: So from what it sounds like the 3DS might have a heavy emphasis on stickers in that version and the Wii-U version is more focused on the game play itself.

That kind of seems like what Sakurai is implying anyways.
Lovely, because the last Nintendo game on the 3DS that emphasized stickers turned out so well.

But seriously, I'm actually kinda excited to have Nintendo handheld-console connectivity, since I used to enjoy the N64/GBC and NGC/GBA Mario sports games that had connection bonuses.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Phantom Killah - 06-22-2013

I don't think he ever said anything about stickers

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-22-2013

I really think he's talking about Miis.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - recme - 06-23-2013

(06-21-2013, 06:28 PM)Phantom K Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 03:41 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Didn't that happen about a month ago?
http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390
according to this interview, his arm still hurts.

That's terrible! He should be resting instead of working too hard. I wouldn't care much if the game got delayed because of that. We could all wait longer for this game anyways.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-23-2013

(06-22-2013, 06:14 PM)BullockDS Wrote: Lovely, because the last Nintendo game on the 3DS that emphasized stickers turned out so well.

Because Super Smash Bros Brawl's sticker system is so similar to Paper Mario Sticker Star's right?

uhh no.

Check up on the SSE and how they used stickers again thanks.

(06-22-2013, 06:18 PM)Phantom K Wrote: I don't think he ever said anything about stickers

(06-22-2013, 06:33 PM)Kriven Wrote: I really think he's talking about Miis.

He never confirmed or denied anything, he only gave small details to the customization features. So I don't think we can knock down ether possibility.

It could be miis, it could be the sticker thing you could only use in SSE except you can use it in the entire game. For all we know it could be both. Anything is possible at this point until Sakurai says something

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - BullockDS - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 02:52 PM)TreeStar Wrote: Because Super Smash Bros Brawl's sticker system is so similar to Paper Mario Sticker Star's right?

uhh no.

Check up on the SSE and how they used stickers again thanks.
Wow. Way to miss the fact that I was joking (although to be fair, that can happen if you edit out the part that indicated me joking).

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-25-2013

(06-23-2013, 03:39 PM)BullockDS Wrote: Wow. Way to miss the fact that I was joking (although to be fair, that can happen if you edit out the part that indicated me joking).

I honestly thought you were being more sarcastic than you were joking to be honest.

My bad, carry on.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-27-2013

DK's model looks horrible in comparison to his Tropical Freeze one. Even the artwork stinks.

[Image: jdf.png]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 06-27-2013

I don"t think it's horrible. It's just different.
Also, mind that these are two different games and one might not be optimised to render fur. Why should it matter? 1. It's not DK Smash Bros. 2. It looks like DK, so it's probably DK.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-27-2013

I'm just saying compared to Tropical Freeze it looks pretty bad. Tropical Freeze is actual gorilla fur, Smash looks like an overly shaggy texture. (click on the word gorilla)

Also the proportions of the face are off, giving DK an even goofier smile. The jaw is less pronounced and the mouth extends way too far to the corners of his face.

I should know.