The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-24-2014

I will be very upset if the Ice Climbers are dropped. They're probably my second most-used character in both Melee and Brawl.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-24-2014

Hoping Ganon has Agahnim concept art colors, Zelda has Hilda colors and Palutena has either a Viridi or Medusa color set.

If we were fortunate enough to get a fully remodeled character skin, I would be all for Dry Bowser.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - MrYoshbert - 06-24-2014

I'm sure the Ice Climbers are safe from getting cut. The polar bear is an enemy in Smash Run, after all.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 06-24-2014

I friggin' LOVE the Ice Climbers. I will be so upset if they get dropped for some reason.

But considering that we've already seen Ice Climber enemies in Smash Run, I think we're safe.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Dear President Seinfeld - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 02:04 PM)Helmo Wrote: Does anyone want Ice Climbers Back?

ummm yeah.... if i cant play as a couple of swank ass inuit sibs strung together like jojos bolos i dont even wanna play.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Iceman404 - 06-25-2014

[Image: 180px-ICsCG.gif]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kosheh - 06-25-2014

rosalina & luma >>>> ice climbers

i'm okay with rosalina and luma wearing parkas as a costume swap over

i'd rather have them over
(06-25-2014, 09:51 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [Image: 180px-ICsCG.gif]
this

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-26-2014

They're a veteran to the series, so I'm certain they'll be back.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 06-26-2014

Nabbit confirmed!
Not playable, but still. He steals people now! He's a stage hazard for Mushroom Kingdom U, not an AT.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kosheh - 06-26-2014

Sooooo -twiddles thumbs-

I just realized that at the time Brawl was released, Marth hadn't been in any English-language games to date.
Since then, FE Shadow Dragon came out, and so did Fire Emblem Awakening (which...sorta features Marth speaking English, sorta)

Does this mean Marth's going to be speaking in English in this Smash Bros.? :I

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Terminal Devastation - 06-26-2014

(06-25-2014, 10:06 PM)Kosheh Wrote: rosalina & luma >>>> ice climbers

i'm okay with rosalina and luma wearing parkas as a costume swap over

i'd rather have them over
(06-25-2014, 09:51 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [Image: 180px-ICsCG.gif]
this

A few things:
1)I'm pretty sure when the Ice climbers return they won't be able to do that quite as effectively if at all.
(There's also a possibility Rosalina could pull off something similiar or even worse)

2)Rosalina fans should hope the ice climbers return. Otherwise, she's a souring spot/gimmick stealer. Both Ike and Lucario get a lot of flak for that sort of thing, but at least they are from the same franchise as the ones they "replaced". Without the Ice climbers, Rosalina would be a character from one of the most repped series, taking the spot of one that is only reped once. That would just add insult to injury.

It would really sour the heck out of her inclusion, and I don't think fans want others to have a reason to dislike her. Or at least that reason.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Eno - 06-26-2014

I was personally expecting the Ice Climbers to get the axe, but most of the evidence does indeed suggest they're still in there. I was surprised to look up the most recent Brawl tier lists (not wanting to start an argument about if "tiers are for queers" or whatever) and find them at the very top under Meta Knight.

Now we need to find out what's happening on the Mother/Earthbound side of things...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Dazz - 06-26-2014

I player this yesterday at a Nintendo event I was invited to. Played it for a good couple hours.

It's Smash Bros... Not much to really comment on. It was interesting playing as the different characters and seeing how they altered some of them. Zero Suit is now hardcore as hell, and Link is a bit heavier. The whole game feels a bit faster, and the Little Mac stage was kinda cool. I'm a little disappointed that a lot of stages are these "moving around" kind of stages, and not more static like in previous games.

The 3DS game is pretty close to the Wii U game too, certainly doesn't feel like a dramatic downgrade. I would opt to play the Wii U version given the choice, but I certainly wouldn't say no to the 3DS. Multiplayer on the 3DS seemed to work well in the environment we were in, too.

edit: Oh, and I suck as Mega Man... He plays very differently to how you'd expect. And Olimar still sucks huge dongs.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 06-26-2014

Olimar doesn't suck though.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Crappy Blue Luigi - 06-26-2014

hey dazz, let me know when you've got time to play online after we both have the game so i can kick your ass with olimar