The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 06:08 AM)Drshnaps Wrote:
Quote:[Image: daily-2014-06-24.jpg]
«Here's Link in an outfit based on his ordinary clothes in Skyward Sword! The art style looks a little different, but the actual clothing model is still his usual tunic.»

This update is a bit disappointing because it implies they aren't going to be putting in the effort of making actual alternate costumes for everyone.

I mean I guess we should have been expecting that anyways but still ...

Sakurai's just making sure he's one step ahead of the texture hackers.

Model hacking is a thing now though. Since I don't know how many years ago. Someone should update Sakurai on that.

It's not a bad thing. In fact, it's a step beyond plain recolors most characters have, but it's so obviously 'texture hacked'. An Outset costume for Toon Link would be nice. It'd look more authentic than this outfit I can imagine. Based on the efforts of the Brawl texture hackers, I'm sure of it.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 06-24-2014

Well, anything's better than atrocities such as this.

[Image: baby-peach.jpg?w=640]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-24-2014

Yeesh what is that supposed to be? Marionette Peach?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 06-24-2014

I do hope more effort is put in Peach's Daisy outfit.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 07:50 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Yeesh what is that supposed to be? Marionette Peach?

Baby Peach apparently…

That's not even the worst of them.

[Image: 171981.jpg]

Here we have DeDeDe Gruntilda...

[Image: Link4.jpg]

And this is Toon Zelda.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mystie - 06-24-2014

That Dedede Gruntilda will forever give me nightmares.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Iocus - 06-24-2014

To be honest, I kind of expected this, or less even.

After Little Mac got his wireframe alt. costume shown, I didn't expect anything too impressive in the costumes front. I mean, yeah, it's kind of cool and nostalgic, but something like his Super Punch Out design or his original design would've been more impressive as an alternate.

Baring the hat which looks a tad out of place, I'm actually glad they went a little further from Brawl's costumes, even if it's just a reskin.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 06:08 AM)Drshnaps Wrote:
Quote:[Image: daily-2014-06-24.jpg]
«Here's Link in an outfit based on his ordinary clothes in Skyward Sword! The art style looks a little different, but the actual clothing model is still his usual tunic.»

Fuck me I guess but I love that. I don't expect them to go all out with the alternate costumes and make extravagant ones for every character, since that's not why I play Super Smash Bros, that above is fine by me.
If they do decide to go all out, that's fine, but I'm not going to be disappointed by the fact that they're not(for now at least) since at least they're putting some thought into the alternate costumes.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Eno - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 08:13 AM)E-Man Wrote: Here we have DeDeDe Gruntilda...

[Image: nMOldZ6.gif] Grunty makes her Brawl debut! Too bad this model looks like poo...

Quote:That Dedede Gruntilda will forever give me nightmares.

[Image: nMOldZ6.gif] Grunty will be in your dreams. Use your pillow to drown the screams!

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-24-2014

It's pretty much like I said before: expect "alternate costumes", for the most part, to be just alternate color slots.

But hey, I'm grateful they do any of this at all. It could just as easily have been ordinary colors with no special skins whatsoever.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-24-2014

It would have been nice if they decorated the hat as well, though. It kind of clashes with the tunic now.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mutsukki - 06-24-2014

I think it's great they're doing references instead of colors this time, at least for this one.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Helmo - 06-24-2014

Does anyone want Ice Climbers Back?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Random Talking Bush - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 02:04 PM)Helmo Wrote: Does anyone want Ice Climbers Back?
I do.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Sevenstitch - 06-24-2014

I don't really have a preference for the ice climbers

i never really used them too often, and their final smash in brawl is annoying

if there was one character from the veterans to drop, id be fine with it being those two