The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - [robo9] - 06-13-2014

No ones going to ban him because he prefers to stall. As infuriating as it can be to watch/play against, it's a part of the game and can only go so far with trying to prevent it. I mean, Brawl needs as many players as it can

Unless you're not talking about that, in which case I'm curious

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 06-13-2014

Well, I only brought that up because that's what people normally do to players who exploit unfair advantages constantly. Besides, if they don't like him, then what's stopping them from asking him to leave?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-13-2014

A superior code of ethics than Zero himself seems to have.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Rhyme - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 07:53 PM)E-Man Wrote: Well, I only brought that up because that's what people normally do to players who exploit unfair advantages constantly. Besides, if they don't like him, then what's stopping them from asking him to leave?

stalling, no matter how 'unfair' it seems, still requires some mechanical knowledge

don't get me wrong it's a boring, anti-fun strategy no matter what game you're playing, but it does still take slight skill to pull off (dodging attacks properly, for an example)

an unfair advantage that would be bannable is something like a glitch that allows infinite FSes or anything else gamebreaking that gets exploited in competitive

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Sonikku - 06-13-2014

alright guys so remember when i mentioned there's rumors of the choir boy from rhythm heaven supposedly being leaked

(1:56 if it doesnt go there automatically)

seems the rumor held some truth; the choir boy(s) aren't confirmed themselves yet but the sneaky spirits from rhythm tengoku/rhythm heaven fever seem to make an appearance

so right now i'm pretty fucking excited for what is to come

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Rhyme - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 10:06 PM)Sonikku Wrote: alright guys so remember when i mentioned there's rumors of the choir boy from rhythm heaven supposedly being leaked

(1:56 if it doesnt go there automatically)

seems the rumor held some truth; the choir boy(s) aren't confirmed themselves yet but the sneaky spirits from rhythm tengoku/rhythm heaven fever seem to make an appearance

so right now i'm pretty fucking excited for what is to come

does this mean chrom is also confirmed? that was the same leak, so...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - StarSock64 - 06-13-2014

I was briefly looking over the smashboards thread on that leak and somebody suggested that sal romano might have confused new ike with chrom. The reasoning was that sal romano didn't even know what greninja's name was and might just be ignorant

but sakurai also said they picked greninja before xy even came out, so that might not hold much weight.

I really don't want chrom if only because...three blue swordsmen? really?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-14-2014

It was also suggested that Chrom was assumed by the leaker when it really may have said something along the lines of: "Awakening Protagonist" (like "Pokemon from X and Y"), which could be interpreted as Chrom, Lucina, or Robin.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 06-14-2014

I really want Robin in, if only for the fact that he/she's significantly cooler that Chrom.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-14-2014

If they do include Robin, I'm wondering how they'll handle the character. Like, would they call them "Robin", or would they give them a generic name? Would they allow for gender-swap costume? So many things to think about there.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 06-14-2014

The list they may have been going off of may have only been a list of potential characters they were considering as well; even if the leak is a hundred percent real, it doesn't mean every character listed will make it into the final roster.

[Edit] Oh, and by the way we were misinformed before when we thought that Mr. G&W was confirmed and played during the private Smash roundtable. That was the result of some confusing context by one of the people liveblogging it. He is not in fact confirmed, sorry about the confusion.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ploaj - 06-14-2014

I would prefer any awakening character other than Chrom too, but Robin doesn't really seem likely when you think about it.

Robin in the avatar character for awakening. So when the next Fire Emblem with an avatar character comes out, Robin doesn't really matter anymore, Chrom, however will. I don't know how to word it, but it does make sense to me.
Chrom will just be more likely than Lucina just because. (Although Lucina would be better liked in the fan's eyes)

I would love Morgan or Tharja myself, but they have about as much chance as Caterpie.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mystie - 06-14-2014

Even though I haven't played Awakening, I second the idea of having a character other than Chrom. Two blue-haired swordsmen are enough.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - BullockDS - 06-14-2014

It really sucks to be Chrom, since the prospective "problem" of having three blue-haired sword-wielders in Sm4sh isn't his fault (IMO, the blame rests with deciding to re-use Ike instead).

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Rhyme - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 10:00 AM)Ploaj Wrote: I would love Morgan or Tharja myself, but they have about as much chance as Caterpie.

i don't see morgan happening, maybe tharja because 'muh fan favorite' but i still doubt she'd be playable

still hoping for lucina though...