The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-16-2013

I also want to add that it doesn't matter how many games a franchise has, it's still going to have a fan base.

So when we say that Mother/Earthbound has a "higher franchise" as you put it, and you say it only has three games to F-Zero's six. Well woo hoo. that doesn't mean anything at all. It still has a fan base that's larger than F-zero's.

And it's probably due to Super Smash Bros to begin with but that's beside the point. A lot more people are probably going to recognize Ness than the good Ol' Captain because of the fan base.

Fans are a relatively large factor in this so I have no clue why you're completely disregarding that. With that said I'm out of this discussion because I'm getting the feeling that you're not going to relent on this subject and this argument isn't going anywhere. I'll be back when there's something a little more relevant to discuss for the next installment.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-16-2013

I'm sorry guys I just have to disagree. Fan requests only play a small part in deciding characters. I'd really really really hate to see a Smash that was up to the fans: we'd have Cloud, Sora, Anime character #1, Heartless Sora, Tifa, Roxas, Anime character #2, and so on. I think Sakurai is smart enough to give what the fans want sometimes but also not give into stupid demands.

And I still don't think fanbase should equal to what characters are getting in, I really don't. With that there's nothing more that can be said.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-16-2013

It isn't the end-all-be-all factor, but it DOES have an effect. Sonic was only introduced because of FANS wanting him TREMENDOUSLY. What you are saying is just denial, whether or not what fans want garner good or bad results.

Of course Sakurai isn't going to give in to stupid demands, but saying the fans have no voice is just ignorant.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-16-2013

Of course the fans factor in. I'm just saying it's only somewhat. Sonic was the only character I'm aware of that was put in by popular demand. I'm sure Mega Man was as well. But things like Wii Fit Trainer is all Sakurai obviously.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Tellis - 06-16-2013

(06-16-2013, 10:17 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Of course the fans factor in. I'm just saying it's only somewhat. Sonic was the only character I'm aware of that was put in by popular demand. I'm sure Mega Man was as well. But things like Wii Fit Trainer is all Sakurai obviously.

But... but... but... that's the thing! Some are Sakurai's own choice, some are due to fans wanting them in, many are largely a combination of both! Sonic and the Wii Fit trainer are like... the extremes of a spectrum, here. Falco was surely picked in large part due to the fact that he's the most popular Star Fox character, along with how he's a "fighter" much like Fox. Diddy is in a similar boat as well. Lucario's in due to his huge popularity as a Pokemon and to represent Gen IV. Meta-Knight and Dedede were added almost DESPITE Sakurai because he didn't want to have his characters crowd the roster. There's different reasons, rarely is it ever "just Sakurai" or "just fans" or "just series importance". It's always a combination... and Mother has all three covered in a lot of different characters, especially considering many people close to Smash's development probably even worked on Mother games! So like... no. F-Zero doesn't compare. Kind of wish it did! But... it doesn't. End of story. I'm not posting about this again.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Keychain - 06-16-2013

QQ holy fuck its smash bros just have fun

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-17-2013

(06-16-2013, 10:39 PM)Tellis Wrote: Kind of wish it did! But... it doesn't.

Clearly you don't.

(06-15-2013, 07:58 PM)Tellis Wrote: Heheh, yeah okay, F-Zero has more characters. How many of them are significant IN THE LEAST? The second most significant/popular character from the series is Samurai Goroh whose only important because he's the Cap's sucky rival. That is literally his character: sucky, overweight samurai racer guy. Among other characters uh... there's Black Shadow, who is boring and sucky, Deathborn who was made up by a 3rd party developer for GX, and Rick Wheeler from GP Legend, who is... really boring and forgettable? No one cares about Pico or Dr. Stewart, either. It's a racing game, the characters don't matter and Captain Falcon is there because he's at mascot status for what used to be an important series for Nintendo.

Whatever you'll never convince me. I'll never convince you. At this point I wish neither were ever in Smash.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 06-17-2013

Here's the comic that came with the SNES instruction booklet: http://www.captainfalcon.com/comic.html

This is all they had to go off of for making Captain Falcon in the first Smash Bros. It's interesting to see the Falcon Flyer and the race interviewer guy here, though I could have sworn the Falcon Punch was in it.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 06-17-2013

Actually Captain Falcon's moveset is based off of the original test fighter for Dragon King before it became Smash.

I'm not arguing anymore I'm just posting an interesting fact.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gors - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 12:32 AM)Koopaul Wrote:
(06-16-2013, 10:39 PM)Tellis Wrote: post

Clearly you don't.

(06-15-2013, 07:58 PM)Tellis Wrote: post

Whatever you'll never convince me. I'll never convince you. At this point I wish neither were ever in Smash.

and this is what makes me believe you are throwing a tantrum while trying to argue, because I believe everyone here said their thoughts WITH concrete reasonings and you still refuse to even acknowledge it while hurting the other side and going "fuck this shit I don't care anymore"

Discussing is one thing, now persisting in the ignorance is a whole new thing. It really sounds like we're trying to prove you that apples are mainly red, and you respond "but apples can be green too, therefore apples are green". It doesn't make a lick of sense for me other than you being hurt in some way (which would be stupid because we have more valid reasons to be hurt than a game).

This being said,

Keychain Wrote:QQ holy fuck its smash bros just have fun

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ploaj - 06-17-2013

Back to discussion.
Today's image is the 3ds battlefield.
[Image: jQe6Sf3.jpg]
We already saw it, but I just noticed how the background is different than to the Wii U's.
I know why, I'm just wondering if all stages that they do share will have changes like that.

And on the thought of stages, I wonder if we'll get different pages for the dojo, or if it will just stay a characters page.
I would like to see stages and music too. Perhaps that will come later when the game is farther along.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-17-2013

Personally, I'd welcome as many differences as possible. It would give me greater justification to have both versions. I'd even welcome alternate character rosters for each version, but I own both systems. I could easily see huge backlash from that kind of decision from people who only own one of the two. Imagine if your favorite character was on the version you DIDN'T have.

I mean, as of yet Sakurai has only confirmed the versions have the same size roster, not the exact same roster. I seriously doubt the rosters would differ if they were meant to have some form of connectivity, so hopefully it pans out to everyone's liking.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 06-17-2013

Just saying Koopaul, Sora would be a fantastic fit, seeing he's been on a bunch of Kingdom Hearts games EXCLUSIVELY made for Nintendo *shrug*

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koh - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 12:36 PM)Dream Fortress Wrote: Just saying Koopaul, Sora would be a fantastic fit, seeing he's been on a bunch of Kingdom Hearts games EXCLUSIVELY made for Nintendo *shrug*
Same argument can be said for Dragon Quest....like I mentioned before. Also tossing in the fact that again, Dragon Quest DEFINED the RPG genre, since it was the first...and on the NES. I know we're dealing with Square Enix here, but seriously, Dragon Quest is STILL the most popular RPG franchise in Japan. I would love to play as one of the heros...I could even imagine the Dragon Quest spell casting sound when using a projectile spell.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 11:14 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Personally, I'd welcome as many differences as possible. It would give me greater justification to have both versions. I'd even welcome alternate character rosters for each version, but I own both systems. I could easily see huge backlash from that kind of decision from people who only own one of the two. Imagine if your favorite character was on the version you DIDN'T have.

I mean, as of yet Sakurai has only confirmed the versions have the same size roster, not the exact same roster. I seriously doubt the rosters would differ if they were meant to have some form of connectivity, so hopefully it pans out to everyone's liking.

If there are two different rosters I would love the ability to exchange characters in between games for one way the two games can interact with each other.

Just saying.